+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: The Borgias on Showtime

Re: The Borgias on Showtime

Have they shown the 3rd episode yet...if so I missed it and it still isn't on the video on demand..grrrrrrrrrrr...just wondering if I missed one I saw the first 2 that were combined into 1
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    Have they shown the 3rd episode yet...if so I missed it and it still isn't on the video on demand..grrrrrrrrrrr...just wondering if I missed one I saw the first 2 that were combined into 1
    Last night, April 17th was the 3rd episode. It was the wedding episode.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Last night, April 17th was the 3rd episode. It was the wedding episode.
    yea I finally caught up last night...is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling that something that should not happen will happen sooner or later between brother and sister...

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

The Borgia name was tainted with rumors of both incest and murder via poinsoning. Here's a brief historical note about Lucretia and the allegations of incest:

The Borgias Committed Incest: Fact or Fiction? |
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    The Borgia name was tainted with rumors of both incest and murder via poinsoning. Here's a brief historical note about Lucretia and the allegations of incest:

The Borgias Committed Incest: Fact or Fiction? |
    thanks for the read..I don't know whether it is fact or fiction..I know the two actors playing the parts are giving off some serious sexual chemistry between them

but when I think of something like that with my own brother..ewwwwwwwwww BARF

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I remember WAY back in the day PBS has a Borgia miniseries. I was fascinated by it.

I think Showtime/HBO needs to take on I Claudius next!!
    Have you seen Rome?

I don't have Showtime, but I'm going to hunt around online for this one. With OnDemand, you can only watch, beyond that first episode, if you pay for the premium channel. I may be waiting for the DVD. Showtime is just too pricey for just one series, especially if it's not Dexter!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Okay, I just watched the first two episodes and I'm hooked!

The good news is that, for now, all of the episodes are available free OnDemand. Maybe they'll change that down the line after they get everyone addicted to the show, but until I have to subscribe to Showtime to see it, I'll be watching.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Just want to say that I am enthralled with this production! Also, I never thought I'd become a fan of the real Lucrezia Borgia.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

As annoyingly usual, a Canadian co-production is finally being shown in the other parent country (that would be Canada). I know that everyone has already seen the series, but I am so incensed by Emmanuel Chriqui's (Sancia) acting that I felt compelled to comment. When one is entranced by the formidable talents of Jeremy Irons, Francois Arnaud, Colm Feore and the like, it is a bucket of cold water in the face to encounter her flat, yet at the same time shrieky, performance as the bastard daughter. I mean, who is this woman banging? I don't, as a matter of course, comment negatively about actors' abilities or impugn their integrity, but she is just that bad.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

It's good that she's only in 3 episodes. Sort of like one for each brother she's having sex with.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast