+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Mr. Sunshine on ABC

  1. #1
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,059

    Mr. Sunshine on ABC

    Just watching "Chandler" on this tonight. They've got a great cast-- Jorge Garcia from LOST playing I think head of maintainance; Allison Janney, from the White House series whose name is escaping me now, playing the owner; and the guy who played Mike, the star's best friend on Vega$ (the black guy who supposedly had a PhD in physics but made more money parking cars) again playing the star's best friend. Plus some other familiar faces....AJ's very out of it son I know I recognize from somewhere.
    Obviously blocking on names tonight, no doubt due to the strong cough suppressant I took an hour ago.... The show got terrible reviews...so far is okay... not nearly as good as you'd think it would be with that cast...something a little off...or maybe it's my brain on "drugs". Anyone else watching?

  2. #2
    Prophet of St. Hurley Twiddler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    442

    Re: Better with You on ABC

    Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4187752;
    Just watching "Chandler" on this tonight. They've got a great cast-- Jorge Garcia from LOST playing I think head of maintainance; Allison Janney, from the White House series whose name is escaping me now, playing the owner; and the guy who played Mike, the star's best friend on Vega$ (the black guy who supposedly had a PhD in physics but made more money parking cars) again playing the star's best friend. Plus some other familiar faces....AJ's very out of it son I know I recognize from somewhere.
    Obviously blocking on names tonight, no doubt due to the strong cough suppressant I took an hour ago.... The show got terrible reviews...so far is okay... not nearly as good as you'd think it would be with that cast...something a little off...or maybe it's my brain on "drugs". Anyone else watching?
    1. Isn't it called Mr. Sunshine? Annnnd 2. Janney's son was in that movie, "She's Out Of Your League", among other things.

  3. #3
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    45
    Posts
    16,143

    Re: Better with You on ABC

    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddler;4187765;
    1. Isn't it called Mr. Sunshine? Annnnd 2.
    Janney's son was in that movie, "She's Out Of Your League", among other things.
    It is - I changed the thread title

    I tried watching, but didn't really enjoy it that much. Too many over-the-top characters. I liked the girl who played Matthew's love interest though - she was on The Class, a show I still miss and, in a weird coincidence, is apparently dating Matt LeBlanc. I may give it one more chance, but it doesn't have the feel to me of a show that's going to stick around.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  4. #4
    FORT Fogey momrek06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    3,801

    Re: Mr. Sunshine on ABC

    Naa, I didn't care for it! Maybe I will give it another chance!
    KAREN

  5. #5
    FORT Fan grapenuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    256

    Re: Better with You on ABC

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4187857;
    It is - I changed the thread title

    I tried watching, but didn't really enjoy it that much. Too many over-the-top characters. I liked the girl who played Matthew's love interest though - she was on The Class, a show I still miss and, in a weird coincidence, is apparently dating Matt LeBlanc. I may give it one more chance, but it doesn't have the feel to me of a show that's going to stick around.
    I miss The Class too. I didn't know that girl was dating Matt LeBlanc, but I remember her on the show "Joey" which starred Matt LeBlanc. I thought it was weird that she's been on a show with Chandler and Joey. Also, Jorge Garcia and Allison Janney were both on Lost.

    The show itself, I was not impressed. It wasn't very funny. Hopefully it gets better.

  6. #6
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,059

    Re: Mr. Sunshine on ABC

    Thank you, Critical, for changing the title! I could not for the life of me remember the name of it so looked in my weekly TV guide....it was a show I don't watch so didn't know the name, thought it was correct! And of course this morning I can remember that AJ was in West Wing.... Boy, don't let anyone tell you that you really are OK to operate heavy machinery on those drugs! On the plus side, it really did supress my cough so we all got a good night's sleep for the first time in weeks.
    Maybe not a coincidence that she's dating LeBlanc and is on this show... she probably has met the whole Friends crowd through him, and that may have helped with the casting.

  7. #7
    FORT Fogey Miss Scarlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,362

    Re: Mr. Sunshine on ABC

    This was another case of where too much of the show, & especially the funny moments, was given away in the promo ads. I felt I had already seen it. I wish they wouldn't do that. It takes so much away from the premier show. That "something new" factor is completely gone.

    I was pleasantly surprised to see Jorge Garcia. Any show with "Hurley" is already made better.
    Other than that, I wasn't impressed. I'll probably watch it again if it keeps it's timeslot. The Wednesday ABC comedy block is my favorite block of shows, & this is better than Cougar Town. I always turn it off when that comes on. At least for now I kept the TV on.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

  8. #8
    Magical Elf MFWalkoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    16,219

    Re: Mr. Sunshine on ABC

    I think they will need to tinker with the premise so that the two stars are used better. But I would watch Matt Perry and Allison Janney read a menu, so as long as they give the show enough time to figure out what it wants to be about, and tweak the supporting cast, hopefully it will stick around.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

  9. #9
    FORT Fogey justCoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,936

    Re: Mr. Sunshine on ABC

    The first minutes were really awful, and I started to give up on it. Then Allison Janney came into the picture. She was hysterical. What fun that part must be to play. I didn't love the rest of it, and really hope it gets better. We like Modern Family, and having this on after would be great as long as it gets better.

  10. #10
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,059

    Re: Mr. Sunshine on ABC

    I noticed in the credits that Jorge Garcia was a "guest star"... I hope that doesn't mean he was just there for the one show...that's what the term implies to me, but I notice they seem to use it in different ways.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.