+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Chicago Code

The Chicago Code

I searched for a thread, but couldn't find one.

I DVR'd the show last night and finally got to watch it today. I have to say that I really enjoyed it!

THE CHICAGO CODE, the compelling new police drama from critically acclaimed creator Shawn Ryan ("The Shield"), follows the Windy City's most powerful and respected cops as they navigate the city's underbelly to fight crime and expose corruption within Chicago's notorious political machine.

Set and shot on location in Chicago, THE CHICAGO CODE is a fast-paced series centered on JAREK WYSOCKI (Jason Clarke), a local legend and a larger-than-life veteran of the Chicago Police Department who wields considerable power thanks to his relationship with TERESA COLVIN (Jennifer Beals), his ex-partner and the city's first female superintendent, now in charge of a 10,000-member police force. While Teresa diplomatically governs amidst the complicated landscape of Chicago politics, Jarek works the streets on a crusade to clean up corruption and crime and avenge his brother's murder. Along the way, they will stop at nothing to bring down their powerful adversaries, including ALDERMAN RONIN GIBBONS (Delroy Lindo), a building-magnate-turned-politician who has ruled his ward with a velvet glove for over two decades.
    Here's the show's website: The Chicago Code

I also have to say that the ending really threw me off. I was not expecting that!

To the Point

Re: The Chicago Code

I actually added this to my DVR. I watched and found it compelling. Don't know how I will feel after another episode or two, but time will tell.

DVR'D it, haven't seen it yet. It's getting good revoews though.

I haven't watched it yet either, but it sounds like something that I would enjoy. Now, if life would just slow down a bit so I could catch up with all the shows I have on my DVR, things would be great!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;4186225;
    I actually added this to my DVR. I watched and found it compelling. Don't know how I will feel after another episode or two, but time will tell.
    I'm hoping that I continue to love it as the show progresses. Unlike most shows, the pilot episode lived up to expectations.

Finally got to watch & really liked what I saw.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Wow - sounds like I'm the only one who was totally "meh" about it. Don't get me wrong, I love Shawn Ryan and will watch pretty much anything he does but TCC just felt "meh" to me. I'll keep watching to see if I can fall off this fence

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Ugh, I cannot stand Teresa's (Jennifer Beal) sister. She is absolutely unbelieveable though perhaps realistic in the idea that a person stands by their significant other no matter what. The way her sister treated her though was so irritating.

FORT Regular

I agree, Canadian. There is nothing like telling your children...."you can't ever see your Aunt anymore because she insists on doing what is right and won't back your father, who thinks it's okay to perform criminal activities"

But I am enjoying this show. It isn't my favorite, but I DVR it and I've watched all episodes so far.

FORT Fanatic

I watched the first episode and I like it. However, I won't watch anymore because I can't stand the evil congressman (or whatever his title is) and I have a feeling the show will be cancelled.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast