+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Being Human (SyFy)

Being Human (SyFy)

Anyone watching this on the SyFy channel? I thought it would be lighthearted and fun ... not.

In my opinion, it glorifies monsters. Oops! I lost my head and killed another human but I mean well, so chalk it up to another mark in the negative column and we'll see what happens tomorrow.

The werewolf guy is fun, though and I like the ghost.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Re: Being Human

Doesn't hold a candle to the British version.

Fort Member

Why do they always have to do this?
    Do they honestly believe that the American public is so dense that they wouldn't get the British version? And for those lucky enough to have seen the British version why would you want to then watch the American version when they follow the same storylines?
    The British version is a brilliant show they so did not need to make an American version.
    I admit that some of the American versions or British shows have been successful but alot have failed miserably and as this series was one where the place it was set and the feel of the area and the people are all part of the feel of the show, I cant see it working that well.

Re: Being Human (SyFy)

I have been recording this on my DVR, but haven't gotten around to watching yet. Now, I'm not sure I will.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;4178657;
    I so agree, the actors are so fit for their roles. I couldn't understand why do an American version.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;4178657;
    Ive been watching this new show and I like it (well, I like the vamps..as I usually do) but I had no idea there was a British version. Should I stop watching this one for the British? How do they compare...are they really featuring the same plots? I have to admit that Im mostly interested in the vamp scene so if that is a prominent feature in the Brit version then Id be happy to check it out. Please give details!!

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;4179152;
    Ive been watching this new show and I like it (well, I like the vamps..as I usually do) but I had no idea there was a British version. Should I stop watching this one for the British? How do they compare...are they really featuring the same plots? I have to admit that Im mostly interested in the vamp scene so if that is a prominent feature in the Brit version then Id be happy to check it out. Please give details!!
    If you can get access to the British version I would definitely watch that version! So much better than this version! When will US producers start having original ideas for their own shows and choosing people for their acting abilities over their appearance? (Sorry a couple of my pet peeves )

The little bit I watched of the American version they are following the same story lines, just a lot less effectively.

No idea there was a British version.

I'd like to see it too, but I don't get BBC. Sigh.

You know, I was all prepared to hate the SyFY version, but I actually don't. I don't agree with one article I read that talked about how the American version has beautiful people in it. I think Aidan Turner was much better looking as Mitchell the vamp....I did laugh when I found out the vamp in the SyFY version is named Aidan! I think the other two actors are about equal in looks to their British counterparts. If this was on the CW then yes, they would have cast swimsuit models.

Admittedly, the original version was not one of my favorite shows, so I'm not as protective of it, but I've tuned in to the new show and been pleasantly surprised. This might be because I wasn't expecting much, but hey, hope for the best, expect he worst and all that....
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Still watching this show ... they killed a lot of vampires this episode! Sooo ... werewolf guy is having a baby, vampire guy involved in a turf war, and ghost girl turns demon next episode.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast