+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Harry's Law - NBC

FORT Regular

Re: Harry's Law - NBC

I like the agenda they are pushing. We have no major show, tv station or high profile person pushing this agenda. In both eps they did nothing wrong and their agenda or opinion was spot on. We as the richest nation in the world bail out rich, rather should I say wealthy people but we cant help a poor old woman who needs food?

Last weeks eps was a great message too. Our prison system doesnt work. Its all about winning for the lawyers not caring about the person. When we send people to prison they dont get rehabilitated they become worse because jails dont teach you anything except how to be a more violent, worse person. We also have a system that doesnt allow a better life once out. Once you are arrested you cant get work you can never be a successful person unless you have connection, own your own business or become a criminal empire. Really sad!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

As there was nothing else on that I cared to watch, I gave the show a third try tonight. I did my best to turn off my legal brain and just go along for the ride. I think if they continue to feature Tommy Jefferson, I could turn to liking the show a lot.

Funny...I started watching it and gave up before the first commercial this week. I just couldn't deal with it this week.

Kinda wish today was Friday. I think it's going to be a long week.

I forgot it was on, mostly because I usually watch RuPaul's Drag Race instead, and catch up with this show later.

Just watched it, and I liked it. It left some hints about the direction the story might take in the long term. And while the innocent-man-in-prison story with Steve Harris was sped up to fit in one episode, I thought it was handled well. I think I'm going to like seeing actors from other David Kelly shows (like Harris) in guest spots. Kelley did so many great shows -- The Practice/Boston Legal, Picket Fences, Ally McBeal, Boston Public, Chicago Hope, he even wrote the best years of LA Law and Doogie Howser -- that between his connections and Kathy Bates' film connections, there could be some major stunt casting in the future. I'm hanging with this show, mainly because I think back and remember how uneven the first seasons of so many of my favorite shows were.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I still like the show, but it's moving toward not-a big-deal-if-I-miss-it territory. The first show seemed new & different to me, but it's already falling into a predicatable routine. The last couple of weeks competition hasn't been a problem. Hawaii Five-O & Castle have been repeats.
    After they come back with new episodes I'll probably record Harry's Law for a while. I'm not giving up yet, but time will tell.
    I also hope Tommy Jefferson is going to be at least recurring. He's obnoxious & nerve-grating, but he's kind of a fun character to watch.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Too simple, basic, predictable, and saccharin for a 10 p.m. show for me. This is more like an 8 p.m. show. I am disappointed, for sure.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I am still enjoying it so far.

I enjoyed last night's episode. Not as preachy as before, but it still got somer good messages across.
    I love that they're interweaving stories from week to week.
    And, any show with Chris MacDonald is good by me.
    Can't wait to see what he does with the "I got fat by eating fast food" storyline. Should be a fun ride.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I generally love Kathy, but to this. I don't like when the producers and writers feel they have to spoon feed me, or that they can present things as so one sided.
    Last edited by Duckyface; 02-02-2011 at 07:01 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

If I wanted to be preached at, I'd go to church....which I very seldom do. Ho-hum.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast