+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Harry's Law - NBC

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Harry's Law - New Show debuts Mon, 1/17 - 10PM - NBC

I love Kathy Bates, but only made it about 30 minutes into the show before wandering off to do other things. I think when the secretary answered the phone "Harry's Law Offices and Upscale Shoes" I turned to my hubby and said, "Check, please. I'm done."

Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet;4159422;
    I just watched this this morning. I loved it. I'm so sick of legal shows with all young, overly pretty people in too tight clothes parading around like supermodels pretending to be lawyers, with enough sleeping around with co-workers & sexual inuendo to give any decent outside lawfirm enough sexual harrassment/discrimination basis to shut the place down for good. These lawyers were at least believable in that respect. Plus Kathy Bates is fun to watch in anything.
    Exactly how I feel!! I'm so tired of beautiful sexy people in revealing clothes that seem more like air-heads than educated professionals.
    Kathy Bates is a wonderful actress. I think the first show was a little slow and clumsy but sometimes it takes awhile for it to all come together. I'll keep watching, hoping that is what will happen. With Kathy B in the lead, it's entirely possible.

I liked the show so far. Will keep watching and see how it goes.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I liked the show but, as has been stated, it was a bit preachy. I'm hoping that it settles down and gets comfortable, and stays. Kathy Bates has always been a favorite of mine. I'm willing to give it itme.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Re: Harry's Law - NBC

I can't help but feel this is aimed at the "Murder She Wrote" crowd
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I gave it another shot tonight, hoping it would get a bit better and less preachy. I was disappointed and, by the end of the episode, wanted them to solely focus on selling the fine shoes they have in their store room.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;4162290;
    I can't help but feel this is aimed at the "Murder She Wrote" crowd
    Wasn't there talk when Boston Legal was canceled that the reason was they weren't attracting the younger demographic because all the leads were "of a certain age"? Then why did this show get a prime time slot? BL was a much better show in terms of cases, quirkiness, humor/drama mix, writing, and the ensemble of actors. I've tried watching this show three times and have fallen asleep halfway through each time.

I tried again to watch it and only made it 15 minutes.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Unfortunately, after watching this show for a second time, I found the storylines weakly written. Surely, they can do better. They have the acting talent; what seems to be missing is the writing talent. Rats! I really wanted to like this show. I may give it one more shot, but I'm not sure. At this time, it looks like the writing's on the wall, I fear.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I was hoping they'd tone it down a bit, too.
    I did, however, hang in 'til the end. I think that was largely due to Kathy Bates and Christopher MacDonald. The latter is always great, as well.
    The PETA comment was perfect!
    I did feel that if anybody can carry this off, it's Kathy Bates.
    The "agenda" they're pushing is obvious, but in the hand of of Kathy Bates, it is typical "David E. Kelley" and funny.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast