+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Harry's Law - NBC

Re: Harry's Law - New Show debuts Mon, 1/17 - 10PM - NBC

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;4153946;
    Monday's at 10/9 scheduling is a travesty with 3 must watch shows on for me. The only way I solve the dilemma is to watch one, record the other two, and then burn them to a DVD to watch at leisure.
    I watched Harry's Law on NBC.com :-) (My son fills our DVR with "his" shows, which I routinely delete. I'm waiting for him to notice ;-))

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4151954;
    I love David E. Kelly and Kathy Bates and am as liberal as they come, but this was a little too preachy, even for me. I made me yearn for LA Law and even Ally McBeal, which was still less kooky than this show. It was just too full of caricatures. I might give it another try just because of who's involved, but I wasn't impressed....considering who's involved.

Considering the fact that this show is up against the very successful Castle, if they don't up their game really fast, this show could die a quick death.
    Agreed. Agreed! I thought that many of the characters were acting as caricatures. The goofy/unrealistic moments I can handle (reminded me a bit of Pushing Daisies), but I need more than just that.

I'll watch again because it did keep my interest, but if it's much and the same, I may not continue.

Paul McCrane did a great job as the right-wing D.A. It took me a while to realize he was Dr. Romano in E.R.
    Thank you!! I always recognize faces but can never place them.

Paul McCrane did a great job as the right-wing D.A. It took me a while to realize he was Dr. Romano in E.R.
    Here I am showing my age....I know him as Montgomery MacNeil from Fame.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4155018;
    Thank you for saying that.
    That, for me, will always be his most memorable role. I loved that movie....
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4155018;
    I loved Fame. Was he in the movie or the tv series? Both were good.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Monday's at 10/9 scheduling is a travesty with 3 must watch shows on for me. The only way I solve the dilemma is to watch one, record the other two, and then burn them to a DVD to watch at leisure.
    I totally agree with this, but I don't have the luxury of burning DVD's. I do have a TV in my bedroom & an extra VCR though, so I also record 2 & watch them later.
    I just watched this this morning. I loved it. I'm so sick of legal shows with all young, overly pretty people in too tight clothes parading around like supermodels pretending to be lawyers, with enough sleeping around with co-workers & sexual inuendo to give any decent outside lawfirm enough sexual harrassment/discrimination basis to shut the place down for good. These lawyers were at least believable in that respect. Plus Kathy Bates is fun to watch in anything.

Now for my problem:
    NBC's reception was breaking up terribly for the 1st 20 minutes of the show. Right when they were setting up the premise/story. I have a few questions:
    How did the cute secretary & young lawyer happen to end up working for Harry?
    How did they end up being a shoe store?
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;4155738;
    I loved Fame. Was he in the movie or the tv series? Both were good.
    He was in the movie only.
    I think the only one - or, perhaps one of the few in the TV series - was Gene Anthony Ray. He was the dancer who made the girl pregnant in the movie.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet;4159422;
    I have a few questions:
    How did the cute secretary & young lawyer happen to end up working for Harry?
    How did they end up being a shoe store?
    The secretary worked with her at her old firm (the ones who fired her).

The young lawyer...well, I don't remember exactly where he worked, but when he found out Harry had opened her own practice, he basically invited himself to be part of it.

After one of her accidents, Harry noticed a store for rent, which happened to be a shoe store. Cute secretary decided to sell the shoes ;-)

I watched this the other night (when it was apparently rerun). The previews made it look really like something I would like but after watching it it just didn't come together for me. I think I was looking for something with some quicker wit and a little more aggressive acting wise than what it turned out to be for me. I expected a totally different character for Harry than what was presented to me based on the previews. Especially with Kathy Bates doing the acting. I guess more assertive or something. I probably won't be watching again unless it falls on an odd night.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast