+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Golden Globe Awards - 2011

Golden Globe Awards - 2011

The red carpet shows have already started. Is anyone else watching?

I had to switch over from E! to NBC as soon as their red carpet show started. The combination of Guiliana and Seacrest was just too much for me.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Re: Golden Globe Awards - 2011

I'm watching too - I agree on the E! commentators - too much. I am working at my computer so may have misheard something on NBC. That one of the women had a dress that 4 ______ could hide under? What was that? No DVR here, so can't recheck.

I freaking love Ricky Gervais. Two seconds in and he's ripping on Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp! The bit about Sex and the City 2
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Ricky Gervais is absolutely hilarious!

Chris Colfer!

FORT Regular

I love Glee but Im sorry but Chris Colfer is the least talented on the show. He has zero rhythm when it comes to dancing and his acting is terrible! How the hell did he will a golden globe over Cam from Modern Family? It shouldnt have been close.

Even though he is a terrible actor I do like the character and the writing. He just doeesnt deserve a Globe, IMO

FORT Fogey

I can't remember the last time I saw someone as genuinely shocked to win an award as Chris Colfer was. The way the blood drained from his face, i thought he might faint.

Pulled himself together to make a nice speech, though, and it was great to see the rest of the cast so happy with his win.

Quote Originally Posted by Snacks;4149928;
    I love Glee but Im sorry but Chris Colfer is the least talented on the show. He has zero rhythm when it comes to dancing and his acting is terrible! How the hell did he will a golden globe over Cam from Modern Family? It shouldnt have been close.

Even though he is a terrible actor I do like the character and the writing. He just doeesnt deserve a Globe, IMO
    I'm going to respectfully disagree with you on every point.

Nothing like the GG to mix things up! Very few people who've won we're my picks, but I'm happy to see some people win who haven't won before.

Steve Buscemi gaave a nice speech, although I wish it'd been Jon Hamm.

FORT Regular

Another shock, Steve Buschemi wins for Boardwalk Empire. I like the show but it was a little long and slow paced. I would have given it to Don Draper personally!

Best Drama goes to Boardwalk Empire. No shock there. GG tends to reward newbies.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast