+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Golden Globe Awards - 2011

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: Golden Globe Awards - 2011

Yay! Colin Firth! Been nothing but awesomeness since Another Country!

Yay Colin Firth!!!! I adore him. I'm so happy he's finally getting recognition. Fingers crossed that the Oscar is his this time!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

I like Sandra Bullock and all, but what in the world was with that outfit? It looked like she got tangled up in some curtain sheers and then fell into a box of glitter. The hair didn't help either.

I'm not thrilled with so many washed out colors on the women tonight either. It's like everyone's in black, something that looks like it's faded five shades from its original tone, beige, or white--if it weren't for a few women in bright red, there'd be hardly any color out there at all.

Oh, and Jane Fonda looks great, but there was a Jane Jetson vibe about those shoulder pads.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4150125;
    I like Sandra Bullock and all, but what in the world was with that outfit? It looked like she got tangled up in some curtain sheers and then fell into a box of glitter. The hair didn't help either.
    I didn't mind the outfit as much, but she kind of "mailed it in" with her presentation. She was much livelier in the audience.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;4150098;
    As much as I love Glee, part of me was hoping that Modern Family might have taken it this year.

Also, holy moly at the number of Glee cast members that were there.
    I was hoping for Modern Family as well. I guess Glee plays better overseas, and MF here (Emmys)?

I was hoping The King's Speech would win more...

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4150031;
    Laura Linney wins Best Actress in a Comedy, but isn't there. I always think they should then lose the award and the second place person should get it!
    I love Laura Linney but I haven't seen that show. Has anyone watched The C Word? I've heard mixed things about it but I'd like to see it because Linney is in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;4150130;
    I was hoping The King's Speech would win more...
    I think The King's Speech will win at the Oscars, Missy. Just a gut feeling even though I don't think that many people are picking it to win the Oscar for best picture.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

I just flipped through a red carpet slide show at eonline and good grief, what's with all the beige, ladies? Yuck. Very few of them didn't look washed out. I liked the dark green on Mila Kunis and Elizabeth Moss (who deserved the Best Actress win, imo) though.

I've never seen The C Word. I canceled my Showtime a while back. I have to wonder how long the show can go on since her character is supposed to be dying of cancer, right? Same with Breaking Bad - isn't that character dying too?

WTH was Justin Bieber doing there? He looked like a little punk. Sorry, but wear dress shoes, not tennis shoes. He looked like a little boy next to Hailee Steinfeld and he's two years older. Just not a fan....although I guess I'm not supposed to be, am I?

I find it ironic that anonymous people on the internet (not here) are slamming Ricky Gervais for being mean when no one is meaner than anonymous people on the internet! Some of his jokes were cringe-inducing, but those people could stand to be ripped on a bit. I thought the Robert Downey Jr. joke would have been funny maybe 10 years ago. Now it just seems recycled.

I know Emma Stone is a natural blonde, but I think she looks better as a redhead.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;4150131;

I think The King's Speech will win at the Oscars, Missy. Just a gut feeling even though I don't think that many people are picking it to win the Oscar for best picture.
    I think it will, too. I'm thinking it might parallel last year's tv race, where Glee took the Globes and Modern Family took the Emmys... different audiences, etc.

FORT Fogey

I just looked up Jane Lynch's win on-line to see if she came up with any more funny lines in post-win interviews. On one site, beneath the Jane Lynch article, there were a lot of photographs of various women on the ogred carpet--and every single caption on all the photographs identified the woman in the individual photograph as Jane Lynch, whether she was or not.

There was a full length shot of Heather Morris (identified as Jane Lynch) and goodness...that dress really made her figure pop without being at all revealing.

FORT Regular

The C word was pretty good. I dont know how they call it a comedy, it has funny moments but it about cancer and her trying to deal with it without telling her family. It was not in the class of some of its competition.

+ Reply to Thread