+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Golden Globe Awards - 2011

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: Golden Globe Awards - 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4153101;
    That video was from a year ago, right before he hosted for the first time. Not that that isn't why he was hired this year as well, but you can tell this is older since he's much heavier here.
    I did not realize that! It says the interview aired on 12/1/2010 on GMTV.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4153761;
    I did not realize that! It says the interview aired on 12/1/2010 on GMTV.
    It was filmed in Britain, so they format their dates differently. I think that interview was from January 12, 2010

CCL - I love Helena too! She just wears what she wants, even though I'm sure she knows she'll be blasted for it. Plus, it wasn't a rag she was wearing - it was Vivienne Westwood!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I watched the Fashion Police Report on E.
    2 of them agreed that Anne Hathaway was the best. I personally loved her dress, but would have preferred it without the shoulder pads.
    2 of them agreed that Michelle Williams was the worst.
    Fashion Police is so funny.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

CCL

Michelle Williams dress was ugly. Alexa Chung (who is always lauded by fashionistas for her fashion taste, and looked like she was wearing some 19th century day dress made in a bordello fabric/colour herself) was praising it on the red carpet (she was doing interviews, I think for NBC) and I wasn't getting it.
    Anne Hathaway's dress was all right but I wouldn't say it was the best.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Michelle Williams's dress probably looked really cute on the hanger....and would have looked adorable on her daughter. On an adult, it looked like a potato sack. She has such a cute figure and that dress did nothing for her.

I don't know if I have a favorite dress, but I thought Catherine Zeta Jones looked fabulous. That color was perfect on her. I thought Claire Danes looked great in a dress that probably only she could wear. The pictures make it look like coral, but it was actually bright pink. The cut was just right for her figure. I actually really liked January Jones's dress. She took a risk and very few women do that on the red carpet.

Okay, maybe my favorite was Olivia Wilde. That dress was just stunning.

The more red carpet fashion police-y shows I see, the more I think those people are full of crap!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;4154111;
    Michelle Williams dress was ugly. Alexa Chung (who is always lauded by fashionistas for her fashion taste, and looked like she was wearing some 19th century day dress made in a bordello fabric/colour herself) was praising it on the red carpet (she was doing interviews, I think for NBC) and I wasn't getting it.
    I liked her dress, alot.. guess I'm in the minority.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I didn't watch the Golden Globes because I get tired of the political wins rather than wins for merit.
    But I have heard so much about Ricky Gervais' comments that I needed to see/hear for myself. I love that man and his style of humor.
    After watching videos on You Tube, I love him even more. It's about time that these "Untouchables" of Hollywood get to hear what so many are really thinking but up until now, has remained unsaid or only whispered about.
    Re the Sex and the City girls, I think most of us are fed up with the photoshopped images the media keeps throwing at us.
    I thought he was brilliant.

FORT Newbie

Wait...When does the golden globe awards come out this year?? Did i miss it already?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011