+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Off the Map (ABC)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Off the Map (ABC)

I suspect the trust fund reverts to someone else when she dies...that's the point of a trust fund, among ot hers---to keep the guys who marry for money away from the $$ and reduce the temptation to homicide!
    I will say, I called it, that the wife wasn't dead, but in a coma...but it seems as though he might have pulled the plug on her if not for the $$. Or maybe not... he said she was in and out of a minimally conscious state...what does that mean? Better than just lying there sleeping? Not a vegetable? Maybe she's too "alive" to kill? If he didn't care about her at all he wouldn't visit her, just collect the $$. Although I guess it pays to check on the health of your "investment".

I really wanted this show to be good. Mostly because of Rachel L. (she was the original Victoria in the Twilight films) ...I was excited to see her in a weekly program. I'm going to hold out a little bit longer. I think the episodes are improving a tiny bit the further along it goes. Still...it's not very good. Which is disappointing because the premise of the show is fabulous.

I didn't like how the blonde doctor was so determined that the Nazi pay for his crimes. If he was a bad guy now, then sure. But he was doing something good with his life. I wish someone would knock her off her high horse. THAT would be an episode worth watching.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I'm trying so hard to like this show, if only for the cast. Pack them up and send them to Seattle! I'd be happy to watch them there.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I'm still watching and I do think it's getting better. I'll admit, it's the cast and not the writing that keeps me watching.

If they add Jonathan Cake to the cast, I'd make sure to watch every week. Twice!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4187869;
    I'm still watching and I do think it's getting better. I'll admit, it's the cast and not the writing that keeps me watching.

If they add Jonathan Cake to the cast, I'd make sure to watch every week. Twice!
    We're watching too but I don't know how much longer it'll last - I can't justify a show where I'm covering my eyes for so many parts - and I'm usu. not so grossed out with medical shows. Nevermind that I just can't get attached to these characters for some reason... As someone mentioned above, I'm hoping if it gets cancelled, they'll send Jason George back to Grey's.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;4189616;
    We're watching too but I don't know how much longer it'll last - I can't justify a show where I'm covering my eyes for so many parts - and I'm usu. not so grossed out with medical shows. Nevermind that I just can't get attached to these characters for some reason... As someone mentioned above, I'm hoping if it gets cancelled, they'll send Jason George back to Grey's.
    Definitely! I like his relationship with Bailey is so much more interesting than her flirtation with the nurse. I've loved Jason George since he was on Sunset Beach so many years ago!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4190197;
    Definitely! I like his relationship with Bailey is so much more interesting than her flirtation with the nurse. I've loved Jason George since he was on Sunset Beach so many years ago!
    IK it's totally off topic - but Sunset Beach - I used to love that show! Haven't thought about Meg & Ben in a long time...so sad that I knew Jason George's face was familar in Grey's and didn't think about SB.

Heck - if the characters were as interesting in Off the Map as they were on that show, I wouldn't have a problem watching it!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Oh my GOD!! That was a heck of an ending tonight, wasn't it?

It was definitely a Shonda ending!

I still cannot stand the "goody two shoes doc", but some of the other characters are growing on me.

This is fast becoming my favorite new show. I've never seen Grey's, so I don't know the twists and turns the writers take. But this past Wednesday night was full of them. Every scenaio played out the exact opposite of the way I thought it would. This show has a lot of heart, and the scenery of the Hawaii set does a little bit to assuage my yearning for the Lost years!

As a Friday Nights Live fanatic, it's great to see Zach Gilford in a role totally unlike "Matt Saracen"!
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast