+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Off the Map (ABC)

Re: Off the Map (ABC)

Does anyone know how the ratings are for this show? I could not tell you the names of even one of the characters so far. The whole thing is all over the place. I have not connected with any of the characters on the show except that I truly dislike the one played by Meryl Streep's daughter. Could she be more shallow?

And, wow, just how many more catastrophic (over-the-top ridiculous) accidents can they possibly throw at us? That one last night with them transfusing the blood of the dead guy by manually keeping his pulse going while bringing him into the clinic on a wheelbarrow ..... REALLY? And what about how they dealt with the burn victim last night? REALLY?

I can't imagine that this show will be around for very long. I won't be watching it anymore.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;4166702;
    Does anyone know how the ratings are for this show? I could not tell you the names of even one of the characters so far. The whole thing is all over the place. I have not connected with any of the characters on the show except that I truly dislike the one played by Meryl Streep's daughter. Could she be more shallow?

And, wow, just how many more catastrophic (over-the-top ridiculous) accidents can they possibly throw at us? That one last night with them transfusing the blood of the dead guy by manually keeping his pulse going while bringing him into the clinic on a wheelbarrow ..... REALLY? And what about how they dealt with the burn victim last night? REALLY?

I can't imagine that this show will be around for very long. I won't be watching it anymore.
    That goes double for me. The silver lining is that hopefully the African-American doctor will go back to Grey's Anatomy and rescue Bailey from her goofiness over that horny nurse! Having both men vying for Bailey's affections would be a fun storyline.

They're not great.

ABC and CBS tied for a distant second place. ABC aired repeats, Cougar Town (5.1 million, 2.1), and Off the Map (5.1 million, 1.8) — the medical drama falling 14 percent to mark its lowest-rated telecast yet.
    Source: 'American Idol' ratings strong; 'Map' drops again | Inside TV | EW.com

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

If this show crashes and dies, it will not be a great loss.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm actually getting to like her....
    I do like the boy (Charlie?) they are using as a translator, who has the crush on the new female doc who will probably end up with the head doc.

I still don't like Lilly. That character bugs the crap out of me. Don't know exactly what it is but she does.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am through with this stupid show, Shonda! I finally tried to watch the first episode, and couldn't stand to watch the whole thing. I declare it rated "L"....for "Lousy". You guys enjoy!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4174900;
    I am through with this stupid show, Shonda! I finally tried to watch the first episode, and couldn't stand to watch the whole thing. I declare it rated "L"....for "Lousy". You guys enjoy!
    I agree! I loathe the new brunette doctor who has goo goo eyes for the white doctor. She is a miss buttinsky, talks down to the other two newbies, and is just overall a pain in the rear. I also agree with the posters who wonder why would people go to a foreign country to deliver medical care and not even bother to learn some basics of the language. At the very least they could have learned some medical term translations common to the area.

The blond doctor and the young male doctor have grown on me but not enough to continue to watch. Along with your "L" I have to give it a big fat F for "Farfetched."
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

CCL

I like the brunette actress (Caroline Dhavernas). I've liked her ever since Wonderfalls (now that was a great show). The blonde doctor I don't like so much. She doesn't seem to have learned anything since her "tragedy" back in the US ...she still seems to find the patients annoying unless they are doing something she deems medically interesting.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

CCL

I'm one of the few (the only?) who've been liking the show but after this week...not sure. Dr McJudgy (the blonde doctor) who was all negative about the former Nazi fleeing Europe to "live in paradise" while she did the same thing after she killed the kid in Boston.... She could have stayed and tried to continue a medical career in Boston while making amends to the parents of the child but instead she left to go miles away and work in a foreign clinic, "making her amends" there. Well, what was the Nazi doing, working and doing good with the local children for 64 years? Um, pot, kettle? And the main doctor, keeping his wife alive, in part, so her trust could fund the clinic (wouldn't he get something in the will if she died?)...um...rather skeevy.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast