+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Off the Map (ABC)

Re: Off the Map (ABC)

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4149629;
    He cut down the green ones which have coconut water (I guess it hasn't changed into milk yet?) and I've always heard that it is sterile and can be used in place of a saline IV drip. But I don't think it can be used to replace plasma.
    I did find this link if that helps...
    Coconut Transfusions - Washington City Paper
    Thank you for that article, which said that coconut water can not actually replace blood plasma but has been used to treat dehydration if there is nothing else available.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4146667;
    I watched and I liked it. Was surprised to see how much "Lenny" from Laverne and Shirley has aged. I can't watch this show with my husband, though. He pointed out all the medical errors they made. He's a paramedic/firefighter and he drives me nuts when we watch medical shows together, or anything to do with the military (he served in the Navy for 8 years). But I liked it.
    Who did "Lenny" play?
    And I agree about the language thing...they need more translators.... why didn't the blond doc ask someone to explain stuff to the old lady? Ridiculous. These days I would think practically anyone who has had medical experience has picked up a little medical Spanish...and why would you come to a poor Spanish speaking country without a dictionary and trying to prepare yourself if you don't?
    Last edited by PWS; 01-23-2011 at 11:31 PM.

They are throwing the Dr that lost her boyfriend and Dr running the place together way too soon.
    Like the plastics Dr and Blonde Dr better as they are being shown making mistakes, which you can almost expect when going into a culture they don't know and learning from them.

I'm going to get bored pretty quickly if every episode ends with brunette saying "No, wait, delay his care for love!!" Once in a while is okay, but they are two for two now and both times were pretty timely surgerys/medivacs.
    Wag more, bark less

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie5632;4163282;
    I'm going to get bored pretty quickly if every episode ends with brunette saying "No, wait, delay his care for love!!" Once in a while is okay, but they are two for two now and both times were pretty timely surgerys/medivacs.
    Yeah that part was kind of dumb. Is she going to do that for every surgery?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm not too sure about this one. Do I really believe that a guy lying on an operating table with a crushed pelvis and internal bleeding can be put on hold while he takes his time talking to his sweetie? Uh....no. Are all of the shows going to be that ridiculous?

I don't know about this one, Shonda!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

That goody-two-shoes doctor is really a huge drawback to this show. Forget the unrealistic nature of the show; her incessant need to hold treatment or to always have to ensure every single patient wish is granted is so incredibly annoying!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I don't know everyone's name yet, but I'm guessing the redhead's name is NOT Abby, that the head doc murmured in his drunken slumber? That would be the dead, or possibly comatose, wife's name? I'm guessing she is in a coma or something so that he can't "move on" as he was saying the pregnant widow would be able to do.

I'm thinking the wife's name is Abby, too. I think this show is slowly improving with each episode. I'm really liking the young 'playa' doctor, too. Maybe it's because he looks like my brother when he was younger.

I think my favorite character though is Charlie. I just like that kid.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Rachelle LeFevre's character's name is Ryan - the dead wife's name is Abby.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast