+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Off the Map (ABC)

Re: Off the Map (ABC)

It was ....interesting. I think there is potential for growth, but it will all depend on how the next few episodes play out.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;4148063;
    I found it exhausting (literally fell asleep twice while trying to watch it through from my DVR) to watch them Set.It.Up. The characters, the setting, the conflicts, etc. It all felt so constructed and contrived. Shonda is a One Hit Wonder, there I said it.
    I'm going to disagree on that point. I think, in many ways, Private Practice is even better than Gray's Anatomy. It remains to be seen whether she's a TWO hit wonder!

I still have hope for this show. I've read a few things that indicate the show improves, which is generally what happens as the actors and writers hit their stride. I think, because it's Shonda, ABC might give the show more time to find an audience than another show.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I quit watching Private Practice awhile ago, it seemed like all the characters did was take turns sleeping with each other. I know there have been some really good story lines in between all the sex, but I got tired of watching Addison be a slut. Off The Map has potential. I have a friend who recently left on a medical mission trip to Africa, so this was more interesting to me because I admire people who have the guts to do that sort of thing.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;4148316;
    It was ....interesting. I think there is potential for growth, but it will all depend on how the next few episodes play out.
    I feel the same way. It seemed a little slow but they threw a lot of things out there and there's lots of potential, so I'll see where the show heads before I give it the ol' heave-ho.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Regular

I liked the show. I didnt like the anti American talk by the one Dr who seemed to hate that Americans helped but I think that would change!

As the show went along it got better and better.

Is it just me or is there something strangely sexy about Meryl Streeps daughter who played the blonde Dr? I dont know what it is but I found her kind of hot in a quirky weird kind of way!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snacks;4148726;
    Is it just me or is there something strangely sexy about Meryl Streeps daughter who played the blonde Dr? I dont know what it is but I found her kind of hot in a quirky weird kind of way!
    Well, being female I can appreciate another woman's beauty or lack thereof, but I wouldn't know what would make her sexy or hot... I don't roll that way.

That being said, she is kind of interesting looking but I do think Meryl was much prettier in her youth than her daughter is. JMHO

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom;4148733;
    Well, being female I can appreciate another woman's beauty or lack thereof, but I wouldn't know what would make her sexy or hot... I don't roll that way.

That being said, she is kind of interesting looking but I do think Meryl was much prettier in her youth than her daughter is. JMHO
    Yet I have never found Meryl to be one of those hollywood beauties. She is one of those women that its more about her ability (as it should be) and her personality that makes her pretty. Her daughter doesnt have that classic beauty look either but I did find her attractive in some weird way as the eps went along.

I haven't seen this show, but her daughter was on the Good Wife.
    As an actress, she's very compelling, just like her mother.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;4148063;
    I found it exhausting (literally fell asleep twice while trying to watch it through from my DVR) to watch them Set.It.Up. The characters, the setting, the conflicts, etc.
    I have to agree with you on this. I completely lost interest and thought that it just seemed "thrown together" - a mishmash.

First of all, why in the world would you send doctors who did not speak the language into that setting? And that man whose arm was mangled on the zipline - everything that the doctors did for him was over-the-top ridiculous. I am no doctor, but even I know that you don't delay putting a critical patient on a medivac helicopter. That scene at the end was just dumb.

Can someone with a medical background please explain the use of a coconut in the operating room? It wasn't even sterile - the entire operating room wasn't a sterile evironment.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;4149503;

Can someone with a medical background please explain the use of a coconut in the operating room? It wasn't even sterile - the entire operating room wasn't a sterile evironment.
    He cut down the green ones which have coconut water (I guess it hasn't changed into milk yet?) and I've always heard that it is sterile and can be used in place of a saline IV drip. But I don't think it can be used to replace plasma.
    I did find this link if that helps...
    Coconut Transfusions - Washington City Paper
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast