+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 94 123456789101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree488Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

The Walking Dead (AMC)

This new series premiers on Halloween at 10 p.m. EST. Is anyone else planning to watch it? I'm going to have to get a nap to stay awake for it, but I am really looking forward to it. In addition to the recap link below, I heard an outstanding 5 star review for this show today on NPR:

TV Review - 'The Walking Dead' - From AMC, A Braaainy Zombie Drama : NPR

The recap:

Five Things To Watch Out For When ‘The Walking Dead’ Premieres

I'm rather psyched.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

I'm looking forward to watching it. I just hope that the hype hasn't provided too much of a build up. I've seen enough previews that I just want to get on with the main event!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Got my DVR all set up and my expectations are down lately that's a good combination with a new series. Let them surprise and impress me rather then let me down and disappoint me.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

My DVR is set also. Just heard about it today.
    Had to look up who Andrew Lincoln was in Love, Actually (a favorite movie of mine). Now I know.
    Didn't know there was a comic book (?) of this show. Hoping for something creepy without being a slasher film.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4093934;
    This new series premiers on Halloween at 10 p.m. EST. Is anyone else planning to watch it? I'm going to have to get a nap to stay awake for it, but I am really looking forward to it. In addition to the recap link below, I heard an outstanding 5 star review for this show today on NPR:

TV Review - 'The Walking Dead' - From AMC, A Braaainy Zombie Drama : NPR

The recap:

Five Things To Watch Out For When ‘The Walking Dead’ Premieres

I'm rather psyched.

My husband is a total fan of zombie movies, and he's very excited about it. I usually pick up a book or crochet project when he gets some of them on, but this one actually looks like something I will peek at when he watches it!
    "There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them."
    Joseph Brodsky: (1940-1996) Russian-US poet

I read banned books.
    Just Jazzie

I'm planning on watching it. I've been watching the horror flicks on AMC all week and have seen the commercial enough times to get sucked in. It's on a couple times so I don't have to miss Dexter.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;4095138;
    I'm planning on watching it. I've been watching the horror flicks on AMC all week and have seen the commercial enough times to get sucked in. It's on a couple times so I don't have to miss Dexter.
    I've been watching the Horror marathon too! One of the things that I love about AMC is the fact that they air their shows sevveral times in the night to allow for multiple viewership as well as airing them once or twice throughout the week as well.

I am so, so sad at this moment that I am only willing to pay for basic cable - I love a good zombie show. Ah well, what's one more series to purchse?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzie1953;4094939;

My husband is a total fan of zombie movies, and he's very excited about it. I usually pick up a book or crochet project when he gets some of them on, but this one actually looks like something I will peek at when he watches it!
    good to know someone else crochets while watching TV. If I'm being productive while watching, I can excuse myself.....a little bit.
    Am looking forward to watching this.

Oh my, I caught the replay tonight after trick-or-treating was done. I didn't expect to stay up until midnight but it caught me like a fish on the hook. It was very intense and I couldn't turn it off. I loved it!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 94 123456789101151 ... LastLast