+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4282838485868788899091929394 LastLast
Like Tree490Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Here's a link to an article from creator Robert Kirkman about Season 5...

'The Walking Dead': Robert Kirkman says season 5 will 'hit the ground running' | Inside TV | EW.com

"While the pacing slowed a bit in season 4 as we got smaller, more personal stories, Kirkman confirms that due to the cliffhanger of Rick and company being trapped inside train car A by the possible cannibals of Terminus, that the action will definitely be heightened when the show returns for season 5. “I think this show works best with a cycle or ramping up and ramping down,” says Kirkman, “and lulling people into a sense of security and speeding things up and keeping them on guard. I will say that we definitely start this season in an up cycle, whereas last season we definitely started the season in a down cycle. So we’re certainly changing things up in that respect and we’re gonna kind of hit the ground running this season.”

October can't get here fast enough!!
    CantGetNuf and waywyrd like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Hope I'm doing this right. WD has been filming here in Griffin, Ga. for the last week or so and from the actors that have been seen so far, can tell you who definitely survives Terminus. We've got confirmation that Rick, Michonne, Carl, Sasha, Tara, Glenn and Maggie are fine. Have not seen Darryl, Carol, Tyrese or baby Judith yet, but Darryl (Norman Reedus) is allegedly splitting his time with this and also working on a movie. The ONLY word on Beth so far is that she is supposedly being held in a house with a character similar to "Father Gabriel", a person has been seen filming that fits the comic book description of Father Gabriel. The house they used for that is also here in Griffin and crew were seen putting crosses in several prominent window positions. Rick and Sasha were filming together yesterday, today they are filming in an old, smallish warehouse and also a couple of alleyways. There's a local group known as "Mark's Walker/Stalkers" that are excellent in keeping everything updated on their facebook page. Nice, nice people. They also post lots of photos.
    CantGetNuf likes this.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Awesome info ElizabethG!!! Keep updating us as you can and I'm going to check out that fb page. Oh I'm so excited! I'm going to google how far that town in GA is from me. I might have to take a weekend drive.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

CantGetNuf , Griffin is 35 miles directly south of Atlanta. Depending on where you are coming from, it's pretty centrally located in Georgia. Last night there was apparently a pretty large crowd of people waiting to see some of the actors near the show's base camp across from the local post office. Heard it got pretty unruly and crowd was so large that the actors had not come out as of 11 pm. Also,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    there is now a pretty strong rumor going around that "Glenn" (Stephen Yeun) may have just filmed his death scene in last few days, but no confirmation on that. Really hope that's not true!!

I was born and raised in this town and we've had other things filmed here, but this is by far the most popular! Btw, if you're into historical stuff, Griffin, Ga. is also the birthplace of Doc Holliday of OK Corral fame. His sister is buried here.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Wow that is pretty cool about Doc Holliday. I'm in B'ham so you're about a 4hr drive from me. I'll let you know when I'm coming and we can stalk them together. Let me think. Atlanta in the summer time. Yeah July should be good. I don't mind a sweaty Norman Reedus.
    I tried finding the fb page you mentioned and couldn't. It's Mark's walker/stalker? That's the search I did on fb and came up empty.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Are the rumors saying in what way Glenn might have died? I hate his death in the comics. So violent. But TWD has shown they don't mind violence.

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf View Post
    Wow that is pretty cool about Doc Holliday. I'm in B'ham so you're about a 4hr drive from me. I'll let you know when I'm coming and we can stalk them together. Let me think. Atlanta in the summer time. Yeah July should be good. I don't mind a sweaty Norman Reedus.
    I tried finding the fb page you mentioned and couldn't. It's Mark's walker/stalker? That's the search I did on fb and came up empty.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Are the rumors saying in what way Glenn might have died? I hate his death in the comics. So violent. But TWD has shown they don't mind violence.
    CantGetNuf, the fb page is Walking Dead Fans/stalkers

I actually have not gone out and stalked with the group; I just get my info from reading it from them and their pics. And they have gotten some amazing pictures! Don't know if I'm willing to stalk in Georgia's heat! I wilt fast! Lol.... I will be more than happy to meet up with you though!
    CantGetNuf likes this.

I was just talking to my daughter about us making a trip to GA this summer. I was thinking one day in Senoia where the filmed the woodbury scenes and one day in Griffin. I told her it's GA, like AL they're bound to have plenty of campgrounds we could stay at. But I'm rethinking camping in July. Do you know how far Senoia is from Griffin? It would be awesome if they're close.

So today google is my friend. I see that Senoia to Griffin is only about 25mins. From me to Griffin is only 3hrs 20mins. I am seriously going to make this happen this summer. Elizabeth keep your ears open for any talk of a break in filming. It would be my luck I'd schedule a visit when everyone packs up and goes home.

Sorry CantGetNuf, was off computer for awhile. Had to work a little, lol. Anyway, hope you do come over! The studio where they do a lot of the indoor filming is only about 20-25 miles in Senoia, as you discovered. They also film in Newnan, Peachtree City, Grantville, Milner and lots of other areas out and about the countryside. If you found the Walking Dead Fans/stalker page and ask to join, the admin. of the page joins you up pretty quick and you get ALL the news, gossip, pictures you could possibly want! My 24 year old stepdaughter was out in the crowd last night and at about midnight Rick, Michonne, Sasha, Bob and a new guy all came out and took pics with folks and signed autographs. She got good pics with Rick and Sasha and Bob, but unfortunately missed Michonne.
    CantGetNuf likes this.

You can do Walking Dead tours. I've seen some self guided ones, and some that you pay for and are taken to certain spots. I think that would be so much fun to do!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread