+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 118 FirstFirst ... 36767778798081828384858687888990919293949596 ... LastLast
Like Tree720Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Quote Originally Posted by football_chick View Post
    Absolutely, it gets much better! Those last 3 episodes are filled with "What the heck just happened?' moments, grab some kleenex moments (IMO) and a couple of "hell yeahs!". Enjoy - you're in for quite a ride
    Thanks football chick, I watched the next episode (14) last night, and WOW!! I did not see that coming, Lizzie taking out Mika like that.

In a way, it was like the other episodes, slower running, less action, but what a difference... it was completely engrossing. Some of the shots were beautiful, the acting was excellent, and you can just feel it when the directors/writers care about the storyline.

Once again, it showed how the world has really changed, how there are no simple solutions to tough problems. It was pretty obvious that Lizzie had been sick for a long time and had emotional issues even before (Mika always placating Lizzie, the scene with the flowers), and I think Carol had little choice. However, Lizzie begging for forgiveness there at the end, that was heartbreaking. My husband quipped, "tell me about the rabbits, George", as Lizzie and Carol were walking across the lawn, and I was like "oh no".

Looking forward to the last two! Then, I can wait until October, I need my life back.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

So overquoted but still so true, just 'don't let the haters stop you from doing your thang.'

Melissa McCarthy needs to win an Emmy for that performance - The Grove.
    spockwhat and wannasee like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Melissa McCarthy needs to win an Emmy for that performance - The Grove.
    I think you meant Melissa McBride. Yes, she was excellent in that episode.

I liked the finale. I think the way everyone built it up, and was so sure a major character was going to be killed, it was the complete opposite. I liked that element of surprise. I was holding my breath also, when Carl was walking to the train car. I thought he was the one that was going to die. Can't wait for Oct.
    CantGetNuf and Duckyface like this.

Yes darn it - sorry. I was running out the door to take my son to school and posted really fast lol

Quote Originally Posted by crzndeb View Post
    I think you meant Melissa McBride. Yes, she was excellent in that episode.

I liked the finale. I think the way everyone built it up, and was so sure a major character was going to be killed, it was the complete opposite. I liked that element of surprise. I was holding my breath also, when Carl was walking to the train car. I thought he was the one that was going to die. Can't wait for Oct.
    I thought he was going to be shot too or grabbed away.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Newbie

I wonder if that bag of weapons Rick hid in the woods is going to come into play. Carol & Tyreese would recognize that if they stumble across it, right?

I love love love the suspense in this show! Like everybody else I was on the edge of my seat during this last episode, expecting one of my favorites to get killed. I expected a lot worse but I wasn't disappointed in it at all... I enjoy how slow paced the show can be, it makes it so much more immersive to me. Not long ago I saw an episode from back in the first season, and there were so many characters that are gone now, and just watching how they kept trudging along trying to survive, trying to find something, some hope, not knowing how much worse things were actually going to get... it gave me the chills. The whole show is just so realistic. Sometimes it's almost too disturbing for me but I'm too attached to ever stop watching!

Quote Originally Posted by mazajo View Post
    I wonder if that bag of weapons Rick hid in the woods is going to come into play. Carol & Tyreese would recognize that if they stumble across it, right?
    Oh wow, I forgot about that! Well, well, well....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

They sure would - I think that is his original Sheriff bag that he's had since Season 1.

Welcome to FORT mazajo!

FORT Newbie

Thanks for the welcome! I've been reading here for awhile and figured if I can't watch The Walking Dead til October, I might as well come talk about it while I wait.

As always, you all have brought up the best points/questions/comments about the show, so I'm not sure what's left on my mind to put out there. I guess one thing...I was weirded out by the flashbacks, a bit, seeing Herschel and all. The way the season ended, it seemed like a huge contrast between the life Rick wanted (farming with Herschel) and the life he needs to lead (chomping the jugulars of baddies). It made me wish (kinda) there was a reference, at least, to Shane, and some allusion to him being more able to adapt to the new world...

On the edge of my seat for the new season, and seeing if Carol, Tyrese, maybe Beth can save the day!
    cablejockey likes this.

+ Reply to Thread