+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 95 FirstFirst ... 357576777879808182838485868788899091929394 ... LastLast
Like Tree490Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

I saw a screen shot that showed boxes of milk powder.... keeping the livestock fattened up I guess.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Walking Dead news...

There is going to be a spin off that will start airing in 2015. Unlike most spin offs, this will not be on a character, but the story. They are going to bring us an entirely different cast in a different city. I hope they stagger it with the original series and play it over the months when TWD is in hiatus. That way it won't seem like such long wait lol.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Put me in the love love loved it column!!! Funny how "brutal" is relative. I thought it was going to be brutal on our survivors. I didn't know they meant brutal to Joe's group. I was totally cool with that. I love how they built it all up, and made me think several different times that someone was going to die, and then left me with a happy ending. I am a sucker for a happy ending. And Rick's last line is probably one of the top 5 most bad ass moments of the show.

When Daryl walked into the middle of Joe's fight scene I started yelling, "Claim them Daryl! Just say it! Claim them!!" When I was watching later with my husband he simply said, "Claim 'em." I thought it was cute we both had the same response. I really thought for just a second there that Joe might let them go. He looked so sad when he was looking at Daryl and said, "That's a lie. Teach him. Teach him all the way." I yelled, "Noooo!! Not 'all the way'! Kick their ass Daryl! Kick their ass!!" I thought the odds of Daryl being killed where slim but I was still scared to death. I really thought that the Claimers would catch up with Rick at Terminus. They would attack Rick's group and the Termites would intervene. The Termites would be all, "See how good we are? We got rid of those bad men for you. Here is some delicious meat. Enjoy." After enjoying some fresh cooked pedophile the survivors would find the rest of Joe's group and realize that the Termites were the scarier group. In my really wild fantasies, Joe becomes a survivor after they all escape Terminus. I liked him the way I liked Merle. They're interesting characters.

mesachik I agree the best scene was Daryl and Rick.
    "You being back here with us, now. That's everythang." Dramatic pause while Rick eye screws Daryl, and then, "You're my brother." OMG I almost started crying. I like Rick but I'm not the biggest fan of him being the leader when he's having such a hard time keeping it together. When the show started with Rick shaking I was mad because I thought, "Oh great! Here we go again. Someone get Rick a phone. He's gonna want to call Lori." What a wonderful surprise to find out he was actually turning back into the hard core cop he really is. I love this Rick!!! And talk about saying the right thing at the right time to Daryl. Those are exactly the words Daryl needed to hear. It's like Rick channeled his inner Herchel. Speaking of Herchel, I wanted to hug him everytime he came onscreen. Then knock him upside the head when I found out he's the one who turned Rick into the farming mess I couldn't stand.
    I disagree with Rick when he said not everyone would have done what he did, biting Joe's neck. I think any parent faced with that would have, if they thought of it. That was a definite "By any means necessary" moment.

What do we call the Michonne Carl relationship? It's almost like a bromance if Michonne were a bro. I don't know what to call it but I love it!! Everytime they come on screen together I mock Carl, "I love you Michonne. You're a lot better then my other mommy. You know I'm not in the house." I like Michonne revealing why she turned her bf and friend into pets.

Why did they bother to sneak into Terminus if they were just going to show themselves to the first group they came across??? That was my only complaint about the whole show. If they'd snooped around a little more they might have been able to avoid the run through the house of horrors, while being shot at by people who can make themselves invisible at will, and have unlimited ammo. But it was a cool moment when Rick grabbed Alex and Daryl and Carl immediately raised their weapons. Too bad about Alex. He seemed like the least psycho of the Termites. How freaking creepy was it when they ran past the storage container and could hear people yelling for help? I think that would have helped me run faster.
    I really thought Carl was going to be killed. I didn't know I was holding my breath until I let it out when Gareth said, "Go kid." Chandler Riggs did an awesome job of looking absolutely terrified. They all did really.

The best part of the whole show for me was all of them in the train car together.
    Rick-He's got his bad ass mojo back.
    Daryl-Never lost his.
    Michonne-I will always bet on her.
    Abraham-I don't know if it was the lighting or if it was seeing Abe and Rick together for the first time, but he was looking particularly bad ass in that train car. This isn't the weak Abraham who is willing to cling to any mission, even a far fetched one, to keep himself going. He looked like a pure bred Army Sgt capable of doing whatever it takes to get the job done.
    Glenn and Maggie-Even a mtn of walkers couldn't keep these two down. They've proven over and over that they have what it takes to survive.
    Eugene-He looked so incredibly sad, it broke my heart for him. But he's a smart one. Between his brains, Glenns ability to sneak around, and the sheer muscle of the rest of the crowd. I almost feel sorry for the Termites.

Plus I don't believe Tyreece and Carol have gotten to Terminus yet. Carol is a tough cookie. I bet she'll scope out Terminus better then Rick's group did. Only thing that worry's me about Ty and Carol is how weak Judith makes them. They can't just leave her in the woods while they check out Terminus. And they can't take her with them.

Am I the only one who thinks Rick putting the hat on Beth and saying, "There's a new sheriff in town." is foreshadowing? Is it possible Beth is with a group so pathetic that she looks like a viable leader??? She has had nothing but four yrs of watching how it's done. Could Beth be the one to ride in with her new posse and save the survivors? I can't wait until Oct to find out!!

Editing to add that I rewatched the episode with Sasha, Maggie, and Bob, where Maggie wants to go find Glenn and Sasha wants to make camp. Maggie says something like, "I don't know what happened to Beth. I can't help her. But I know Glenn was on the bus. I can go find him." I'm sure Beth is always on her mind. But I just don't think, "Where's Beth." would be the first question she asks Rick's group when they walk into the train car. At that moment I imagine she's terrified and wondering what fresh hell is about to break loose when the door opens and in walks more of her friends. Plus they didn't really give her time to ask. I'm sure they'll get to it.
    In the same episode Sasha and Bob are talking and Sasha says she thinks Tyreece is dead. Later as they're making their way to Terminus she basically admits to Bob that she doesn't want to go to Terminus because when Tyreece isn't there, it will be confirmed for her that he's dead. So that's why she's not asking about her brother.
    Last edited by CantGetNuf; 04-01-2014 at 11:02 AM.
    cablejockey, wannasee and mazajo like this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

So now I am watching the webisodes on youtube. While the acting isn't necessarily the best all the time lol, the stories are really interesting. It starts before Rick wakes up in the hospital, in the same town, and while there are obviously none of the characters from the tv show on it, there are a lot of references. For example, one of the webisodes takes us to Rick's storage locker. I won't ruin the other interesting surprises. They are super short 3 - 8 minutes long. They are called Cold Storage, The Oath and Torn Apart, with about 4 or so episodes in each series. They are written and directed by Greg Nicotero who works on the tv series.

I would really enjoy seeing another show on the same topic. There's so much more story to this. I missed seeing the bones watching the show but saw them in stills someone posted. It looks brutal. Like many have died. I wonder if this place is something else, like a camp where they experiment on people trying to find a cure for the virus. That would explain the candles and sense of honour and respect the dead were given( if thats what that room was for) that mere cannibalism wouldnt have. All those armed men who appeared at the fence seemed military like and completely organized and in charge. I guess they were hiding when Rick's group came along the fence earlier peering in.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Ok, scrolled right down to write this one. I've only three episodes of this season left, but I have to ask, is it going to get better?

I can't think of one great moment in the last three shows with the exception of Rick's "under the bed" scene. That was a nail biter.
    I didn't hate but didn't like the episode of all Daryl and Beth all the time. It was a lot of killing walkers and Beth talking and Daryl not. I wasn't really worried about either dying (don't think it'll happen before there is some kind of re-union) and I'm not really worried about Daryl not being able to kill off any walkers coming at him.
    The whole drinking game stuff was dull, (I felt like Daryl was bored out of his mind... like let me out of here so I can kill some tree rats please)... and I really didn't get the point of the whole episode.

My conclusion: less is more with Daryl. It's better when he doesn't talk much. I don't need Beth to talk so much either. Thanks.

Anyway, I do like Sasha and Bob. And I like Glenn or Maggie whenever they hit the screen... both of them are gorgeous people, my goodness.

I get a weird feeling all of these pairings off (Michonne is hanging with Rick, Daryl with Beth, Bob with Sasha, etc.) is the writers testing us... do we like this person and that person as a couple? Really, just do it if you're going to, and make it spontaneous instead of finding out if we approve first. If they have chemistry, then they do, you don't need us to tell you that. This isn't a dang soap opera. I hope.

Anyway. Rant over. It better get better.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

Man I really can't wait until October! I am so glad the Ricktator is BACK!

ricktator.jpg
    CantGetNuf and wannasee like this.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Ok, scrolled right down to write this one. I've only three episodes of this season left, but I have to ask, is it going to get better?
    Absolutely, it gets much better! Those last 3 episodes are filled with "What the heck just happened?' moments, grab some kleenex moments (IMO) and a couple of "hell yeahs!". Enjoy - you're in for quite a ride

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf View Post
    I really did not like this last episode at all. I was expecting something more. It felt like this whole season was a build up, and I really though the finale would be kick-ass, but imho, it was a total let down. Where were Carol and Tyreese and Beth? Why didn't Maggie even ask about Beth? Sasha didn't ask about Tyreese either, and no one mentioned Judith at all. Terminus seems like such a blatant set-up too, how dumb did our group of survivors get over this last season? Walking into that set-up seems really out of character for them, especially considering what they had gone through with Woodbury.

Am I the only one who prefers Michonne as the quiet, mysterious, ass-kicking warrior? This new softer side of her, while I get it's part of the character development, really is not nearly as interesting as her being the bad ass.
    Yes to this whole post. I have no problem with Rick going all savage on Joe (waste of a good bad-guy character though) and the scene with Karl (and yeah, that was definitely meant to be a sexual assault - ITA with the poster who said they heard the banjos) but the rest of the episode didn't make sense and the ending was horrid. Count me in as let down, but it definitely left me anxious for season 5.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

The finale pulled in a record 15.7 million viewers! I wonder what the Season 5 opener will bring?

I know some folks wanted more action - but honestly - I don't know how much more there could have been. As for Tyreese, Carol, Judith, Beth - I am glad that we don't really know what's going on with them. It's all part of the cliffhanger. If we knew for example that Tyreese and Carol were for sure in a box car - that would take away some of the wondering. Even moreso if they were shown not having made it to Terminus yet, as in it sets up a pretty much we know they are going to rescue Rick et al from the Termites. The not knowing just adds to the excitement for me. This wasn't a series finale (thank god and I hope we don't have one for many more years). It was a season finale. We shouldn't have all the answers, or even a lot of them, at this point. It's already difficult enough what with the comic book series being out there. Although I love that the show isn't following them all that closely! It really works, especially that all the viewers, whether they've read the comics or not, can only speculate about what may or may not happen in the future.
    Last edited by mesachick; 04-01-2014 at 08:51 PM.

+ Reply to Thread