+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 101 FirstFirst ... 33737475767778798081828384858687888990919293 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 830 of 1006
Like Tree550Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

  1. #821
    FORT Fogey mesachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On my horse.
    Posts
    3,108

    Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

    Count me in as well! I want to watch so bad, but yet I just know I am going to be a mess at the end one way or another. Spoiler free and nervous as heck! Sipping on a glass of Merlot to take the edge off LOL
    CantGetNuf likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

  2. #822
    FORT Fogey mesachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On my horse.
    Posts
    3,108

    Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

    CantGetNuf and dreamonia like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

  3. #823
    Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,978

    Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

    It's probably my sick, sick mind, but I didn't find the finale all that particularly brutal. Carl seemed to be threatened physically but not sexually as in the spoilers with the comic. (It's aired, spoilers are no more.) He's been physically threatened before, such as in the camp, in the prison attack, and by numerous zombies. The bite to the jugular just made me laugh and think of MacGruber. All in all, it felt quite anticlimactic. Terminus is run by the same half witted geeks that run the Apple Genius Bar with the same comm system? Maybe that's true to the comic, but given how badass the Governor was, getting taken in by these Terminus doofuses seemed awfully contrived to get Rick to the "You're messing with the wrong &%(# people" moment.

    While I got the point of the prolonged flashbacks, I thought it ate up too much time that could have been devoted to at the very least tiny scenes of where Carol, Judith, and Tyreese are, or even Beth were featured.

    On the plus side, most of the group was reunited and maybe there is going to be some kick ass name taking next season. Maybe Rick will teach everyone the jugular move and the Genius Bar Gang will be destroyed. It still baffles why anyone in this universe would wonder into a compound so slightly populated and drop their weapons willingly.

  4. #824
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    46
    Posts
    16,894

    Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    It's probably my sick, sick mind, but I didn't find the finale all that particularly brutal. Carl seemed to be threatened physically but not sexually as in the spoilers with the comic. (It's aired, spoilers are no more.) He's been physically threatened before, such as in the camp, in the prison attack, and by numerous zombies. The bite to the jugular just made me laugh and think of MacGruber. All in all, it felt quite anticlimactic. Terminus is run by the same half witted geeks that run the Apple Genius Bar with the same comm system? Maybe that's true to the comic, but given how badass the Governor was, getting taken in by these Terminus doofuses seemed awfully contrived to get Rick to the "You're messing with the wrong &%(# people" moment.

    While I got the point of the prolonged flashbacks, I thought it ate up too much time that could have been devoted to at the very least tiny scenes of where Carol, Judith, and Tyreese are, or even Beth were featured.

    On the plus side, most of the group was reunited and maybe there is going to be some kick ass name taking next season. Maybe Rick will teach everyone the jugular move and the Genius Bar Gang will be destroyed. It still baffles why anyone in this universe would wonder into a compound so slightly populated and drop their weapons willingly.
    I'd say the big, sweaty guy on top of Carl undoing his belt was a pretty clear sexual threat.

    An article I read earlier indicated that Chandler Riggs asked to be a guest on Talking Dead tonight, but in the end, they turned him down. That led to speculation that Carl would be killed AND that the subject matter was a bit too adult for him. I don't think it was either. I just think they wanted to keep it to two guests since they finally got Andrew Lincoln on the couch. () I hope we'll see Chandler on TD next season for sure.

    See, this is why you DON'T watch a show when it's airing and instead wait until it's all over, so you can binge watch the entire series without these pesky six month waits between seasons.
    mesachick, JavaJo and wannasee like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  5. #825
    FORT Fogey mesachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On my horse.
    Posts
    3,108

    Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

    I loved it!! I have a completely different take on it than PhoneGrrrl

    I did think it was brutal! No laughing in my house. I didn't see the jugular bite coming - and what made it even more brutal was how it blurred the lines between walkers and humans. Farmer Rick is gone. We now have a raw, stronger, more together Rick, than we've yet seen on the show. As a parent - to think I might have to watch my son be raped - nothing could be more brutal, or change me as an entire being as something like that. He was about to watch his friend get killed, his son get raped, and who knows what they would have had in store for Michonne.

    I have to say that I am sooooo glad that none of the speculations happened lol. Rick is alive, Carl is alive, Glenn is alive and Daryl is alive. I was preparing myself to see one of them die. At the end, when it was only Carl left - I thought for sure they were going to shoot him dead. Whew!

    As for them dropping their weapons - I think you answered your own question - it was lightly populated and the weapons were in close reach. They didn't really drop them lol - just placed them on the ground and they did get them right back. Plus, they are so exhausted - what they wanted was to find a place where they didn't need those weapons, so I can see how they did what they did, based on sheer hope that something was finally going to work out in a positive way.

    I also loved the prison flashback scenes. It really tied together more of Rick's story - why he chose to be more farmer than fighter (Herschel!!).

    I can't believe we have to wait 7 months!

    On Talking Dead - they explained why Chandler wasn't on - they wanted to keep everything as much in the dark as possible (which they did perfectly). They also announced that Chandler will be on Talking Dead next season
    CantGetNuf likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

  6. #826
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    46
    Posts
    16,894

    Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

    Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post

    On Talking Dead - they explained why Chandler wasn't on - they wanted to keep everything as much in the dark as possible (which they did perfectly). They also announced that Chandler will be on Talking Dead next season
    I'm on the west coast, so TD hadn't aired here yet
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  7. #827
    runs with scissors waywyrd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    21,542

    Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I'd say the big, sweaty guy on top of Carl undoing his belt was a pretty clear sexual threat.
    Shades of Deliverance, though Burt Reynolds never had to rip someone's throat out with his teeth. Ack. I could almost hear the banjos playing...I'm glad that group got taken out (what a bunch of cretins) but was holding my breath through the whole thing, thinking Daryl was a goner. I appreciated the prison scene flashbacks, it gave me a minute to settle down.

    I do wish they'd shown where Carol and Tyreese are. And I hope Beth wasn't in that pile of skeletons and bones they showed.

    October is a long way away...
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

  8. #828
    FORT Fan dreamonia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    325

    Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

    reading so many mixed "reviews" on the finale....I loved it. Looking forward to next season, I am glad that no one in the group got killed off to be honest. I was so happy when the group Daryl was killed, and he is back where he belongs.

    I was wondering why why Rick was never on the couch before? I don't get the talking dead (I had to cut directtv so I watch the walking dead online now) but is there anyway to watch it online.

  9. #829
    Loving the FORT! 2boysmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    41
    Posts
    416

    Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

    I could see Beth as a true member of Terminus, not a dinner. I can just picture her there singing, having another weird boyfriend, having embraced the "peaceful" life of Terminus, unaware of the true nature of camp. To that end, it would be awesome if she is there, and finds Rick's group and helps them escape.
    CantGetNuf likes this.

  10. #830
    FORT Fan dreamonia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    325

    Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

    I am placing my bets on Carol and Tyrese coming to the rescue. Carol and Rick make up and they turn terminus into another jail setting. That would be my happy ending...
    CantGetNuf likes this.

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.