+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 95 FirstFirst ... 32727374757677787980818283848586878889909192 ... LastLast
Like Tree490Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

I am already going through withdrawal and we are still 24 hours from the finale. Thank goodness for netflix....gonna rewatch the entire season...
    CantGetNuf and mesachick like this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I'm playing catch up on this amazing show. Third episode of the fourth season, but I thought I'd throw in my input on the show so far.

I guess I was one of the few who loved the second season. I thought it was really crucial in the development of the characters to see them struggle with dropping their old life and taking on the new one. This show does an AMAZING job delving into each character and providing us with great action as well.

The characters past and present (the ones I know well enough):
    I LOVE:
    Michonne Tough, tough woman, soft, soft voice. She doesn't strut, but that slow easy walk, awesome
    Darryl Duh. This is a gimmie. Norman Reedus has got badass with boyish charm down to an art. You can't look away.
    Maggie and Glenn She's tough without having to announce it to the world, and she's smart enough to match Glenn. Glenn is another character that doesn't have to strut around and be that guy. Love him. Plus, they are just so sweet together. Loving the love.
    Hershel Some have complained about his moralizing, but this world needs a Hershel. Could you imagine what Rick would be without him? Scary. Dale was the original moralizer, but he was too much. I liked him, but there was no give at ALL. He wasn't cut out for new world.
    Carl The kid is pretty great. Mistakes he made, he saw his dad do. He's trying his best... and he is just a kid. I love how he's reading comic books now.

Rick Well, I do like him, though being in his head all the time and dragging his "mistakes" around like a fricken albatross around his neck is driving ME crazy. He has to wake up and realize that no matter what he does, people will die. There are no good choices. He's put his dead (and kind of awful) wife on a pedestal, which is a ridiculous thing as well.
    But I like him. I like that he struggles, and WANTS to do the right thing.
    Carol They are starting to show a more complicated Carol. Good, I like her and am hoping she's going to get some character development.
    Lil' Asskicker She's a cutie, though I'm with Michonne, that's some awful wailing. lol
    Lori Right here at the bottom of the LIKE list. I'm not sure why I even like her, but I do. I guess she tried, but she screwed up so bad: pitting Shane and Rick against each other, for one thing. Also, Rick coming to her looking for her input and the awful "whatever you think is best Rick" answer. Then, if it failed, the look she'd give him. Yuck. I was ok she died, I guess. I just forgot exactly why I liked her.

LOVE to HATE:
    Merle Amazing actor. That one look when he first looked up at Darryl when he had just turned, that was PERFECT. I miss his presence on the show.
    Milton I kind of despised him. Especially at first, I felt like I was watching a poor imitation of Ben Linus every time he was on screen. What a redemption though, there at the end. (see below. )

Just HATE:
    The Governor Every scene he was in, I just wanted to fast forward through. I just couldn't invest in his character.
    Shane Little unhinged, that one.
    Andrea They gave us so many reasons to hate her and far too few to redeem her. To name a few:
    She shot Darryl. Just saying.
    She wants to kill herself when she is at her lowest low emotionally and Dale gives her TIME to make the decision more rationally. But, she whines on and complains about it until practically every character on the show is giving her a gun and saying, 'do you want to kill yourself NOW'? What do you know? She doesn't. Then she lets a 16 year old girl (at her lowest low) make the decision. Like Andrea, Beth needed TIME. Andrea just doesn't GET it.
    The rest of the characters are agonizing over the fact that the walkers were once humans like them. Andrea kills a few and gets turned on. That's just weird.
    Michonne saves her life, drags her sorry sick ass around for 8 months, but Andrea drops Michonne and that 8 month friendship because she wants to hop in the sack with a guy she's known for 2 DAYS. Loyalty, she had NONE.
    Milton's redeeming moment: biting Andrea. He is the only walker I've ever cheered for on this show.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 03-29-2014 at 09:27 AM.
    CantGetNuf, mesachick and wannasee like this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Oh, I'd like to add, I don't know Tyrese and Sasha too well yet, but what I've seen is really good. I like that she bosses him around and he's frightening with an axe.

Just wait spockwhat... there is so much more to come on Season 3. I thought that was the best of the first three. Are you trying to finish up Season 3 before tonight's Season 4 Marathon? 8pm on AMC!
    spockwhat likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Nope, Mesachick, that's episode three of of Season 4 I was on! So, yeah, I'm almost there. I just watched episode 4 of season 4 and that was a heartbreaker with Carol and Rick. I'm catching up online right now.
    mesachick likes this.

I'm not sure on the rule of quoting an interview so I'll put it in spoiler even though it's not really.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    This is what Robert Kirkman said about the finale: "This is Rick Grimes being pushed to his absolute limit. And if you think you've seen that before, you haven't. And the Rick Grimes that comes out of this is really going to shock people."

Based on that and info from the comic books, I've come to my own conclusion. The following is a semi spoiler if you haven't read the comics.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    This might be where Carl almost gets raped and I think we'll see Rick go full on vampire. I just hope Daryl isn't hurt in the crossfire.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

On Season 4, episode 4:
    I have mixed feelings about Rick's decision to oust Carol from the group. She truly believed at the time she was doing the right thing, but I think she is also the kind of person who could learn from her mistakes. Mistake being, of course, that you don't kill someone before they at least have a chance to recover from the dang flu. But I understand why she did it, and I think that others would have forgiven her in time. My guess is that Rick did it mostly FOR Carol. He said Tyreese would kill her and I think he wanted her to have a chance to make it. I love the "greys" of this show. Every decision is so complicated and difficult. I don't envy Rick's position.

I'm so hoping I can carve out some time in my day for episode 5... maybe 6 even...

Daryl Last episode.jpg
    Ya'll get the popcorn and tissues ready. And a pillow to hit or scream into.
    I can't watch until tomorrow, but I'll be right outside the door watching to see how many posts this thread gets before I go to bed.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

I'm super excited for the season finale, but I also feel a bit sick. I know it's going to be brutal. No REAL spoilers to be had online, at least not anywhere I've found. Lots of speculation based on spoilers from the comics, but the only spoilers I've seen are the ones that got info from the international trailer.....and they weren't much. I hate not knowing!
    CantGetNuf and wannasee like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Ack, me too! Everytime I think about it, I get butterflies. Just reading the cable guide's blurb for the show tonight makes me nervous...
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread