+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 94 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast
Like Tree488Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Finale tonight! The DTV info tab says we'll find the major characters re-evaluating their futures.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I read online that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    all "main" cast members have signed for "multiple seasons". So no big shocker deaths tonight, I guess. Also, I read on IMDB that the actor who plays Merle was only signed for 2 epis this season, so don't look for him to return till 2011
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Oops!! Disregard my last post, please. I posted to the wrong thread.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I think it fits this thread as well, just in a more immediate fashion.

So Shane really did think Rick was dead. I'm glad they showed the flashback; it redeemed him a bit in my eyes but it also shows that he's going a bit crazy feeling that he's being blamed for something he didn't do (lie to Lori about Rick being alive). Not that that's enough reason to almost rape Lori.

As for a character death, they did sacrifice the lady who worked for the city and knew about the sewers. Poor character with barely any fleshing out never stood a chance.

Well, see you back in this thread in October 2011.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

October!!! Bummed. I was browsing around online and found a compilation of the comic books for sale. I believe it's the first 50 comics of the series. I'm not much of a graphic novel reader but I think I'll pick it up.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I'm just dying (yuk-yuk) to know what Jenner whispered in Rick's ear before they left the building. It didn't look like good news.

I'm surprised how much I enjoyed this series. I'm not really a zombie fan, but the characters really pulled me in.

Loving the series so far, really loved the finale. I was glad the white haired guy talked the one girl out of staying at the CDC. Also wondering what Dr. Jenner whispered to Rick.

Most disturbing to me is the intense goriness. Just.grossed.me.out!!! I was also moved by the dead Amy starting to "come back" and her sister holding her and then putting the bullet in her head. I also have a question, having never heard of or read the comics: Does this little band of survivors come across any other pockets of survivors? Was the CDC stuff in the comics?

And that Shane just totally turned me against him when he tried to force himself on Lori like that! What a pig!!!

Can't wait til next October!
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

I enjoyed the finale. I liked Shane's believing Rick was dead, protecting his body, though just when I thought he wasn't so bad, he tries to rape Lori. Though, think about it (and no she didn't ask for it, no way am I saying that).... she was with him both thinking Rick was dead. She should fess up, both of them should to Rick. Rick came back and she pretty much threw Shane out. What a sticky situation. Still, I think they both should sit down with Rick and talk to him, instead of letting things simmer and get out of hand.

(I also wonder what Jenner whipsered to Rick. Guess we have to wait until next season.

As for the gore, it is a show about zombies who eat people and not with a knife and fork! I would expect nothing less then what they are showing.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;4121249;
    I enjoyed the finale. I liked Shane's believing Rick was dead, protecting his body, though just when I thought he wasn't so bad, he tries to rape Lori. Though, think about it (and no she didn't ask for it, no way am I saying that).... she was with him both thinking Rick was dead. She should fess up, both of them should to Rick. Rick came back and she pretty much threw Shane out. What a sticky situation. Still, I think they both should sit down with Rick and talk to him, instead of letting things simmer and get out of hand.

(I also wonder what Jenner whipsered to Rick. Guess we have to wait until next season.

As for the gore, it is a show about zombies who eat people and not with a knife and fork! I would expect nothing less then what they are showing.
    I agree that they need to fess' up to Rick (and that zombies can't be expected to have appropriate table manners).

I do feel a little sorry for Shane though. I don't think what he did was anywhere near right, but he was drunk and I can't imagine all the mixed up feelings he has going on. He loves Rick like a brother and thought he'd lost him, he's in love with Lori and thought they were together, but then suddenly Rick's back, which is a very good thing, and a very bad one for him, Rick and Lori have each other now and he's alone, everyone else he had in the world is dead, the world is unimaginably changed and zombies are trying to eat everyone. I think anyone would be liable to have a break down moment when drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;4121525;
    I agree that they need to fess' up to Rick (and that zombies can't be expected to have appropriate table manners).

I do feel a little sorry for Shane though. I don't think what he did was anywhere near right, but he was drunk and I can't imagine all the mixed up feelings he has going on. He loves Rick like a brother and thought he'd lost him, he's in love with Lori and thought they were together, but then suddenly Rick's back, which is a very good thing, and a very bad one for him, Rick and Lori have each other now and he's alone, everyone else he had in the world is dead, the world is unimaginably changed and zombies are trying to eat everyone. I think anyone would be liable to have a break down moment when drunk.
    Perhaps that is the best way to describe what ahppened to Shane, a break down, not an excused one, but a break down none the less.

I do have visions of zombies grunting, "May I chew on your entrails?"
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread