+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 94 FirstFirst ... 27676869707172737475767778798081828384858687 ... LastLast
Like Tree490Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

FORT Fan

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

In those types of situations, sometimes it can be tough to have much quality free time to sit down and try to guide the youth in the right direction. If a juvenile commits a serious crime, I think they should be treated as an adult. Like had been said, if they were back at the prison, they could have locked her away in one of the jail cells. Though someone would have probably felt bad for her and let her out, and then more people would have ended up dead.
    CantGetNuf likes this.

Lonnie stop trying to talk sense into me when I'm on a good mad. lol! I totally understand it having to happen. I really don't think I'd be the one to carry it out. I would have to tie her up until we came across someone else. Then I'd be all, "Let me tell you what this heathen did. Then I'm going to lend you my gun so you can take care of it." LOL!
    But I still maintain that they should have discussed it a little more. Not just, "Oh crap! She's scary. Guess I need to put a bullet in her head."
    Lonnie likes this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

I also think killing Lizzie was merciful in the sense that if she didn't hurt the baby, she would have probably turned. She was playing tag with walkers, she was feeding them.... eventually she would have been bit. She might turn or be brutally eaten to death. I hate to say mercy killing when a child was involved, but this case was on so many levels....
    CantGetNuf and Duckyface like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I too think it was the merciful thing to do. She wouldn't have survived long on her own, and it would have been crueler to just leave her or to tie her up, because you'd have to have her tied up constantly to be sure she didn't kill Judith or one of the adults. Not to mention that she might well have followed them if they just left her, lured zombies to them, killed other people if they were unlucky enough to meet up with her or brought zombies into other people's camps in order to "feed" them. There really was no place for her in this world where she could survive and she really was a threat to living people. I really think dragging her around tied up wasn't an option. It's hard enough to survive for adults, much less adults with a baby, much less adults with a baby and a crazy girl who might well yell and make noise trying to attract the zombies. They had to make a choice that impacted Judith and their survival. I think they did the kindest thing in the end.
    Last edited by Duckyface; 03-18-2014 at 08:37 PM.
    JavaJo likes this.

sometimes survival is the only thing. As long as you are not being unjust. I think that is why Tyrese got it. Times have changed. You are no longer dealing with the normal.

I think it was the merciful and correct decision as well. Lizzie was clearly mentally disturbed, and she was only getting worse. Her actions were becoming increasingly more violent. Adult or child, I think this was the only real solution in the world they live in now. I am sure Carol and Tyreese didn't need to have a very long conversation to realize what it was they had to do. At least Carol did it with love... I believe that's one of the last things she said to Lizzie before she told her to look at the flowers.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I think it was the merciful and correct decision as well. Lizzie was clearly mentally disturbed, and she was only getting worse. Her actions were becoming increasingly more violent. Adult or child, I think this was the only real solution in the world they live in now. I am sure Carol and Tyreese didn't need to have a very long conversation to realize what it was they had to do. At least Carol did it with love... I believe that's one of the last things she said to Lizzie before she told her to look at the flowers.
    Good point, it was done with love.

I really enjoy the memes. If I'm wearing on anyone's nerves with them just let me know.

I've said it before. I'll say it again. I love this baby.
    Lizzie Crazy.jpg

I wondered what Daryl was thinking when he ran down into a room that didn't have another exit.
    Daryl gurney.jpg

And a couple for my newest favorite survivor.
    Bob Booze Burning.jpg

This one actually made me lol.
    Bob Threesome.jpg
    waywyrd, mesachick and JavaJo like this.

Hello. My name is CGN and I'm addicted to TWD. I've never had a tv show get in my head like this one has. I discovered it in the middle of season 3. All of the "If Daryl Dies We Riot" facebook updates made me curious. It started innocently enough. I Netflixed the first dvd. I was hooked the second Rick woke up alone in the hospital. I immediately went and bought the first two seasons on dvd. When those ran out I found myself trolling youtube for bits and pieces of season 3. I was willing to take anything I could get. Then I discovered a way to purchase the complete season. Being caught up on the show made the need for it even worse. I found myself reading about the comics to find out what happens. To my relief they differ enough from the show to keep the show fresh for me. But the last few weeks have been the worst. Since Beth and Daryl's kidnapping I haven't been able to think of anything but this show. I found myself at my worst after the Carol/Lizzie episode. I had a need to find out what kind of unimaginable horrors the writers could possibly have waiting for us. I knew I hit rock bottom when I found myself at a spoiler website. I started to read what I thought was just speculation on the upcoming episodes only to realize it was an actual accounting of the upcoming episodes. I knew I had to get help when a part of me was saying, "Go ahead. Read it. We'll just find out if Daryl dies and then we'll leave. We'll feel better if we just know what's going to happen." I exited that window like my life depended on it and came straight here. I don't want to go back there. But it's hard man. So hard.
    football_chick likes this.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Rule #1 of the ZA: Do not be a rabbit. If I were a rabbit, I'd rather be food than Lizzy fodder. I loved the Glenn/Maggie reunion, but I wondered why she didn't seem the least bit concerned where her sister is.

Terminus seems super creepy. No locks on the gates? Only one person as the welcoming committee? Woodbury seems more plausible as a long term stay place than Terminus.

Daryl should cut & run from his current group. Even given that he doesn't know they're after Rick, they are altogether too violent (even by Merle standards) for Daryl to tolerate much longer.
    cablejockey likes this.

+ Reply to Thread