+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 118 FirstFirst ... 26666768697071727374757677787980818283848586 ... LastLast
Like Tree720Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

I jumped off my couch and yelled WTF when I saw that Lizzie had killed Mika. I had no clue that that was what was going to happen. I am still freaked out this morning lol. I felt so bad for Carol. It was like she had to see Sophia die a second time - Mika, not a mean bone in her body just like Sophia. It was interesting how Carol had complete control over what happened. Tyreese was just in the background. I knew this was what would give way to Carol telling Tyreese what she had done. I am glad Tyreese forgave her. He saw that she really would do whatever she had to in order to protect the group.

Definitely a disturbing episode.

Only two more left! I am already missing the show lol.
    CantGetNuf and cablejockey like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I think Tyrese was so angry and vengeful when Karen was killed because the people in the prison were having a somewhat settled life. There was a possible future. Now he sees more then likely there isn't. He understands why Carol did it. That it is a different world out there and maybe at the prison he was almost kidding himself about that.
    Last edited by libgirl2; 03-17-2014 at 01:10 PM.
    CantGetNuf likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Actually I think this quote says it all as to why Tyrese didn't fly in a rage when Carol confessed.

He now understanding that sometimes we’re called upon to do monstrous things in the name of survival.
    cablejockey and mesachick like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    Yes it is the guy who was in the house with Rick.

I'm not sure what you mean about have Daryl react like he would. To which situation? If you mean joining the group at the end I think he only did that because that was the best choice for survival. They would have killed him and taken his stuff in a heartbeat, but thinking he was a kindred spirit they let him join their group. I assume, perhaps wrongly, that he is going to try to escape from them later.
    Thanks, Duckyface. It took me a minute to think why I wrote that about Daryl, but it wasn't about joining that group, you're right he had no other options right then. It was more that that he went over and opened the door right up for the dog barking...just seems like he would have been a little more wary/alert to the walkers.

Very tough, this latest episode. I did not see that coming at all.
    CantGetNuf and Duckyface like this.

FORT Fan

I guess the only other option was to send Lizzie out there to fend for herself. Though like they had said, it wouldn't be safe for others to come into contact with her. I think they have went too many episodes in a row without any appearance from Rick. At least Beth wasn't in this episode though.

I can't believe they "went there". I knew what happens in the comics and I can still admit that this shocked me. And it almost made it worse because I was starting to expect it and it seemed like it was going to happen about 20 different times before it did. I even thought for a min that Lizzie was going to kill Carol. I was a nervous wreck the whole episode. I was grateful that they didn't actually show Lizzie killing Mica. Carol and Tyreese both deserve awards for their acting. The shock and horror and trying to maintain all at the same time. Whew.

I have always loved this show because of the WWYD aspect. I just don't know if I'd have been able to shoot Lizzie in the head. I don't know if it was the right thing to do. What happens in the comics to the "Lizzie" character was a lot more acceptable to me then Carol shooting her in the head like that. I completely understand that this is a whole different world and you have to be able to do the dirty jobs. But it just seems like Carol is always willing to jump on the dirty jobs without putting any real long term thought into it. Like what if they just happen to have the worlds leading child psychologist at Terminus? They could have tied Lizzie up at night and kept her locked up when they get to Terminus. It's like Carol has become the Ilyn Payne of TWD. I think Carol's human count is about to exceed her walker count. I'm still not sure how she thought killing Karen and David was going to protect everyone else. They were already in quarantine. Anyone who was going to be infected by them, already had been. My thought is that Carol is every bit as crazy as Lizzie. It'll be found out the second she thinks one of the other main characters is a threat and trys to take them out.

wannasee I had the same thought about Daryl opening the door like that. Totally not a Daryl move. But it did provide an awesome fight scene and move the story forward. But still not a Daryl move.

I am really hoping that Terminus ends up being a safe haven for them. Even a temporary one. One where they can get a shower and some clean clothes cuz I am so tired of looking at their nastiness. I am almost terrified for Daryl and Beth. I'm wondering if the guys who came across Daryl are with the group that has Beth. I am keeping my fingers crossed that Beth wasn't really kidnapped, but helped by someone who freaked out and fled, ignoring her pleas to wait for Daryl. Nothing to base that on. I am just looking for any ray of sunshine at this point.
    wannasee likes this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

FORT Fan

If it had been an adult that had serious problems and killed Mika like that, would you have still wanted him/her to try to get help instead of Carol killing him/her?

The problem is there is no "help" in this world now. If a person is dangerously mentally ill as Lizzie was, there isn't too much you can do with them. Lock her up? Where? Maybe if they were in the prison, but out on the road, with a defenseless infant, I don't see that there was much choice. She wouldn't "kill" walkers but live people were fine. If she were an adult, I would say it should have turned out the same.
    CantGetNuf and waywyrd like this.

If it had been an adult that had serious problems and killed Mika like that, would you have still wanted him/her to try to get help instead of Carol killing him/her?
    Hell no! I'd shoot that mo fo so fast. lol! But it's a little girl. And I think all of the crazy stuff the kids do need to be laid at the adults door. No one adult has even tried to give these kids counseling. And it wouldn't take a professional to have talks with the kids. Herchel used to be Rick's counselor. But not one adult has even attempted to see about the kids mental health. Carol with her constant, "You got to be ready to kill." lectures without any caring behind them. And let's not forget Carol pushing the girls to be the ones to end their dad. Not cool. Even Rick didn't want to shoot Dale and Daryl had to do it and called it "heavy lifting". No one wanted Carl to have to be the one to end Lori. Maggie tried to talk him out of it but wasn't in a good situation to take control of it. Carol is twisted and she took an already broke little girl and twisted her even more. But I have never been a big Carol fan. Give me long enough and I'll find a way to lay everything at her feet.

It's to late for me to add to my last post but I wanted to clarify my opinion. I don't think killing Lizzie was necessarily the wrong decision. And it probably really is the only option. I just think Carol is very unstable and to quick to want to eliminate every threat without much thought. Rick already tried to oust her because he saw it. I just think that Carol and Tyreese are strong enough to manage one little girl until they can find community and get other opinions and options. Like a jail cell.

+ Reply to Thread