+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 94 FirstFirst ... 25656667686970717273747576777879808182838485 ... LastLast
Like Tree490Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

I know I've complained about this season but I have still enjoyed every episode. I just want more, more, more.

libgirl2 like you and your husband, I've been enjoying the small groups. It is interesting to see how they're surviving and bonding. I just wish they would show us all of the groups in each episode. I'm greedy, I know.

One of my little peeves is when a show thread gets over run by book spoilers. It makes me feel a little guilty to post a books spoiler, even in spoiler tags. Kind of like we're talking behind everyones back. So for you non comic readers, please enjoy this meme:
    Coffin Sex.jpg

Comic book readers:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    So does anyone think "Joe" is really Negan? I am soooo scared for Glenn. I thought his death in the comics even more horrible then Hershel's in the show. I'm really scared for Daryl too. But more so Glenn.
    And do any of you think Lizzie is going to kill Micah like that one brother killed his other brother in the comics? Remember when he said, "It's ok. I didn't hurt his brain so he can come back." That's kind of the twisted thinking Lizzie has about the walkers. I'm a little concerned for Micah. But I'm not sure they'd be willing to "go there" in the show.
    I can't spoil anything for friends and family who haven't read the comics but it's like I want to warn them so bad that it only gets worse from here. And I just read a recap for the latest comic and it looks like no one is safe.
    dreamonia likes this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

I've been off on so many things this season and always catching up, but...is this Joe that confronted Daryl the same guy from the house Rick was at?! Ugh...I need to rewatch the whole season, I think!!! (Sorry if anyone already posted anything about this, I've read all the posts but I'm really punchy from too much work and not enough sleep!)

I honestly didn't think the show had Daryl reacting in a way he would react on this latest episode...I guess it leads the story forward, but I don't really buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    I've been off on so many things this season and always catching up, but...is this Joe that confronted Daryl the same guy from the house Rick was at?! Ugh...I need to rewatch the whole season, I think!!! (Sorry if anyone already posted anything about this, I've read all the posts but I'm really punchy from too much work and not enough sleep!)

I honestly didn't think the show had Daryl reacting in a way he would react on this latest episode...I guess it leads the story forward, but I don't really buy it.
    Yes it is the guy who was in the house with Rick.

I'm not sure what you mean about have Daryl react like he would. To which situation? If you mean joining the group at the end I think he only did that because that was the best choice for survival. They would have killed him and taken his stuff in a heartbeat, but thinking he was a kindred spirit they let him join their group. I assume, perhaps wrongly, that he is going to try to escape from them later.

Regarding Daryl - I think he'll try to get out too. Hopefully rather quickly. This bunch seem pretty narly. Plus you know he's going to keep trying to find Beth.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

OMG...I'm a wreck!

Even though Lizzie's death was inevitable, it was still hard to watch. Mika was even worse. Great episode, but hard to watch.

Best factoid to come out of Talking Dead tonight: the jigsaw puzzle on the table while Carol was confessing to Tyreese was a picture of Sophia in her rainbow shirt.

I still question how they had the "mystery person" feeding rats to the walkers. Maybe they were just trying to throw off the viewers, but unless Lizzie was using a stepladder, there's no way she could have put the rats right into the walkers' mouths if they were standing up. I'm clearly over-thinking it.....
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

What an episode! Lizzy was definitely disturbed: the rabbit killing, the feeding of the walkers, being able to "hear" what the walkers were saying, nearly suffocating Judith, and then murdering Mika. The whole "look at the flowers and count to three" indicates that she had problems before the zombie apocalypse and Mika & family were trained how to calm her down. I don't know what I personally would have done with Lizzy in TWD universe, but given the circumstances, I can't fault Carol and Tyreese for what they did within the context of the show. (In the real world, clearly she should have been committed and under psychiatric care, but that's not an option in the show.)

I bought Tyreese forgiving but not forgiving Carol. First, he's always come off as a gentle guy (aside from that beat down of Rick, but who hasn't wanted to beat down Rick at some point? ). Second, I had no doubt he wouldn't off Carol right now because of Judith. He can't take care of the baby and make it to Terminus alone, so from a pure practical standpoint, he'd not kill her.

NTL, Melissa McBride needs to get an Emmy for her portrayal of Carol. She conveys so much of the character even with little dialog.
    CantGetNuf and cablejockey like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Even though Lizzie's death was inevitable, it was still hard to watch. Mika was even worse. Great episode, but hard to watch.
    I didn't even see Mika's death coming (I stay away from comic book spoilers), so when Carol and Tyreese walked up on that little scene and Lizzie casually told them what she'd done and that she was about to do the same to the baby, I almost fell off the couch. That kid was out of it. No way could I have slept with her in the house. Or in the same zip code.

I agree that Melissa McBride is fantastic as Carol. That moment where she and Tyreese were talking about how Lizzie can't be around other people...they both got quiet and their eyes met, like an unspoken agreement over a permanent solution. Carol can be a hardass when she needs to be, but that had to be brutal for her.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Even though I knew Lizzie was so disturbed, I didnt think she would kill her own sister! Poor Mika didnt have a chance, unlike little Judith who seems to be very lucky in dodging death in her short life! What an awful world when you have to put down children like rabid dogs! And this might be the breaking point for Carol who loved those girls and must have thought Providence put them in her life to ease her grief over her own daughter! Now to have lost every child she has loved, must be worst thing she has faced!
    I am wondering if Lizzie knew Carol was going to kill her. She seemed upset that Carol was angry with her and said she was sorry for pulling a gun on her, but nothing about killing her sister. A very difficult episode to watch.
    CantGetNuf likes this.

I think Lizzie knew, but it didn't have to do with her sister. A very disturbing episode.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread