+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 95 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283 ... LastLast
Like Tree490Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    By the way - she didn't choose peach schnapps - it was the only thing left there to drink at the country club lol.
    There's a reason that nasty stuff was left there.

I'd go to a moonshine cabin with Daryl anyday.
    libgirl2, mesachick and JavaJo like this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    That's next week, maybe. At least she's with Daryl, who would be my pick for the last man on earth.
    Mine too....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I really hope they don't "go there". Beth is a minor and Daryl tapping that would make him a pedophile....ick.

Never have I ever is the official drinking game of TWD
    waywyrd likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fan

How old is Beth's character supposed to be? She's 28 in real life, so I don't see how they could have her playing a juvenile. I'll be honest, I thought this past episode was one of the most boring in a while, probably since around the never ending soap opera in season two involving Lori and Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    I'll be honest, I thought this past episode was one of the most boring in a while, probably since around the never ending soap opera in season two involving Lori and Shane.
    Bite your tongue Lonnie!! I actually agree with you. Another episode with a whole lot of wasted time. WTH are they doing to our show? I'm wondering how you take a full hour of Daryl and make it that bland. My guess, you add Beth. I actually got why she wanted to focus on getting a drink and why she would need one. She is just so vanilla as a character and IMHO not a good actress. I think Beth is 18 by now. Didn't she tell that one inmate that she was 17?

I waited all day long for my husband to get home so we could watch it together. We both agree that we didn't need to see the moonshine shack to know that's how Daryl grew up. In the south guys like Daryl are a dime a dozen. So are the trailers they live in. The second I saw Daryl in season 1 I knew he grew up like that. I didn't need them to waste time talking about it. And why show him stealing money and jewels? I can understand showing us that Daryl is retreating back into his cold, thieving ways. But money and jewels? I thought for a minute that he had lost his mind and thought he was in the pre apocalypse world. Would have been better if he stumbled across a small camp in the woods and robbed them of food and water.

All of the interviews I've read say that they're "setting the story up to go forward". Just go forward already. The "set up" is about to bore me to death.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

I am still enjoying all of the shows. I love the character information we are getting from them. This is a soap opera after all, just set among zombies lol. What we are seeing is how important it was to be in that group of people. They were forced apart from a violent act, and look at how many of them are struggling to not go back to how they were before the zombie apocalypse. I am just getting a stronger sense of who these characters are, which makes me appreciate their individual journeys and love them even more. Being in that group gave them a sense of purpose. Some of them fell into natural roles that they had beforehand, others rose to the occasion and took on roles they never thought they could. It's all pretty intriguing if you allow yourself to really get down and dirty with them.
    CantGetNuf likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    How old is Beth's character supposed to be? She's 28 in real life, so I don't see how they could have her playing a juvenile. I'll be honest, I thought this past episode was one of the most boring in a while, probably since around the never ending soap opera in season two involving Lori and Shane.
    According to Wiki, she was 16 when she first appeared, which makes her 18 now. Still Skeevy. But that doesn't make sense. Andrew (Rick) said in an interview recently that only 2 years have passed total and Beth has only been around for half of it. Her bf that died in the RV was 16, so I'm assuming Beth is 17. Either way, she's too young for Daryl. I want him with Michonne.
    Last edited by JavaJo; 03-04-2014 at 01:09 PM.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Well with Carol back on the scene - I would imagine it might be her that he eventually hooks up with.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I don't need romance in my action movies but I find myself spending way to much time wondering who Daryl will hook up with. And I do not want it to be Carol. I just think they have been together way to long. If sparks were going to fly they would have by now. I hope if he finds love it's with someone we haven't met yet.
    I am way to intrigued with the thought of a Rick/Michonne pairing. They are both the same amount of broke and trying to heal. It would be good for Rick to have such a strong wife. Might actually make him strong enough to be the leader we always hoped he was.

I read an interview with the actor who plays Eugene. He said he loves working on WD because he sweats a lot. In other shows they are constantly mopping at him and trying to get him to stop sweating. On set of WD sweating is not only acceptable it's encouraged. I found it relatable because I sweat profusely during the summer. Doesn't help that I live in Alabama.
    Last edited by CantGetNuf; 03-09-2014 at 03:15 PM.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

What the...who took Beth away in that car? There they were, having their little "white trash brunch" as Daryl called it, and everything goes to hell. I was thinking that a funeral home would be the very last place I'd want to hang out. Was it a trap with the food set there like that?

And Daryl snuggled up in a coffin = still sexy.

Anybody recognize that song they were playing in the beginning and end of the show? I really liked it...
    JavaJo likes this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread