+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 94 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Like Tree488Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Loved the new characters (the sergeant and the scientist). Not sure I loved Michonne's sudden personality change, but maybe it's just due to bonding with Carl. The show fell a little flat for me, except for the scenes with the newbies.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I don't see Michonne's character as having a sudden personality change. I've seen it evolve slowly. She was really starting to open up with the group at the prison. She was laughing, etc. Then the whole prison debacle with the Governor happened and she went deep back into her shell. But, after seeing her zombie self in that herd, by killing it, she chose life. She made a conscious decision not to become the Michonne that we first met, but instead embrace the life she has now. You could see it totally happen when she saw Rick and Carl through the window when she first found them again.
    CantGetNuf and libgirl2 like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

So its always been a joke that if Daryl dies we riot. But seriously if they ever kill him off then I'll probably quit watching. I'll save the last seasons for Netflix. There is no denying this is a great show. But this season has fallen real flat for me. Daryl really is the only reason I watch the show. I love watching how quietly bad ass he is. I was hoping Abraham might be like that but I don't think so. He seems like a hot head loud mouth. And I didn't like him smiling while killing the zombies. Besides Eugene's stupid move with the rifle, I barely noticed him or Rosie. Except to wonder how Rosie could stand to dress like that when she probably has to run through the woods at least once a day. I'm wondering why Tara isn't flipping out about trying to find her sister. I don't remember seeing her die at the prison.

Rick hiding under the bed was terrifying! I was so scared during all of the Rick scenes. I really started to panic when I saw Carl and Michonne walking down the street while he was hiding by the porch. This is good WD stuff. Of course it was crazy that out of the thousands of empty houses, all of the people in town, at that time, chose the same one to crash at. I was really excited when I saw that they are going to possibly reunite with Carol&Co. It makes me laugh that these signs are all walking distance from the prison and no one noticed them before.

I kind of like the storylines being so separate but I wish they would give us a better mix of everyone. During the scenes of Rick walking around the house by himself, before the invasion, I was complaining. Why do we have to watch Rick stumbling around the house when they could be showing us Daryl stumbling around in the woods. At least then I would know where Daryl and Beth are. And that's really what's important here.

mesachick I totally agree about Michonne. I think when she flashed back to who she was and then saw her future zombie self she was filled with a desire to live as a member of society. I can't remember the scene but Carl says something about not living as a society but just try to survive on their own but she tells him very quickly that she wants to live with everyone. Am I the only one who saw the possible beginnings of a Rick Michonne romance? Now that is a hook up I can get behind. I had never thought of it before. I had thought of Michonne and Daryl. They would make the most awesome zombie fighting couple but not really a good romance. lol
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

I think that the genius mullet guy (lol) shot up the truck on purpose. I don't think he really wants to go to Washington all that much for some reason. If he really had a cure wouldn't he be a bit more purposeful on his journey to get there?

CGE, Tara's sister is dead. She told Glenn at the prison that she got over run by walkers after she shot the Gov.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Thank you JavaJo. That's one mystery solved.

mesachick I had looked away for a quick second and next thing I know he's shooting the truck. I had wondered if he did it on purpose. Did it show him do it on purpose or is that your suspicion? I read an article with the actor who plays Eugene and he said he was playing the character very dry. I am cool with dry but he might want to liven up just a little.

For those who have read the comics:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    When Rick was crouched down by the porch and we see Carl and Michonne walking towards the house I really thought we were going to see the scene where a group of the Saviors, I think, take Carl, Rick, and Abraham captive and they're about to rape Carl when Rick bites the neck of one of the guys to get loose. I really didn't want to see that. I don't want to see the possible rape of Carl. That kid has been through enough without needing to add that to his already long list of things to fear.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

That's just my suspicion. But really - how is he so bad with a gun that he shoots up the truck instead of the walkers at this point. Abraham seems so gung ho, and Eugene just seems to not care at all. I am curious to learn their back story - how they met, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf View Post
    For those who have read the comics:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    When Rick was crouched down by the porch and we see Carl and Michonne walking towards the house I really thought we were going to see the scene where a group of the Saviors, I think, take Carl, Rick, and Abraham captive and they're about to rape Carl when Rick bites the neck of one of the guys to get loose. I really didn't want to see that. I don't want to see the possible rape of Carl. That kid has been through enough without needing to add that to his already long list of things to fear.
    The show is way too mainstream to go there. Look how they steered away from the comic book version of Lori's (
    Click to see Spoiler:
    and Judith's
    ) death.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fan

I think some people might need a Daryl intervention, lol So did that guy that was resting on the bed get killed by his comrade or just choked out?
    CantGetNuf likes this.

Lonnie, I kinda wanted to watch again before the next new episode, but I thought he was killed and then when the ruckus happened inside that allowed Rick to run away, I thought that was him reanimating.

+ Reply to Thread