+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 95 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast
Like Tree490Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

OMG brunette, I was thinking something similar about Merle!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;4113065;
    I developed a wacky theory after this week's episode. I think Merle loaded up the stolen truck with zombies and drove them to the camp to get revenge on the people who abandoned him. It's a wacky theory because I don't think Merle would want to sic a bunch of zombies on his brother. Although with all the blood loss they kept going on about, maybe Merle isn't thinking clearly.
    Wow, I hadn't even thought it that. With this show, I guess anything is possible!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

The Walking Dead has the cover of the newest issue of Entertainment Weekly! There are interviews with Frank Darabont and Andrew Lincoln, along with a few other cast members AND some spoilers. Apparently, they may diverge from the comic books in some ways, so fans of the comics shouldn't think they know what's going to happen. They mentioned specifically that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Merle will remain MIA for the rest of this season. Although Shane is killed pretty quickly in the comics, he'll still be alive when this season ends. Darbont thinks there's more to explore with the Rick/Shane/Lori triangle. I haven't read the comics, but they mentioned the Governor, a sadistic, evil character and, when Darbont was asked if Merle would become the Governor, he didn't confirm or deny! There are also a few other fan favorites from the comics that will probably show up next season as well.

They also said that they weren't sure the show would do well, so there won't be a cliffhanger this season. Just in case the show got canceled, they wanted to give the audience a complete story. Instead, the show is bringing AMC its best ratings ever: TWICE what Mad Men gets and it was previously their best-rated show.
    Last edited by Critical; 11-24-2010 at 08:53 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4113888;
    They also said that they weren't sure the show would do well, so there won't be a cliffhanger this season. Just in case the show got canceled, they wanted to give the audience a complete story. Instead, the show is bringing AMC its best ratings ever: TWICE what Mad Men gets and it was previously their best-rated show.
    That's excellent! I've stayed out of this thread until I got caught up on the episodes, but I'm glad to hear this one is doing so well.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4112595;
    I haven't read any spoilers about who stays and who goes, but sometimes you can tell by looking at the imdb listing for the show and seeing how many episodes the actor is in. Several times I've accidentally spoiled myself that way by seeing that an actor is only in X number of episodes of a longer series. Usually, in the actor listing, it will give the episode names they appear in. Just in case you're really curious

I have to say, the attack at the camp had me squirming. It was a bit too gory for me and that hasn't been the case with any of the other episodes of the show so far.

I'm so happy the show got renewed, but it's going to suck having to wait nearly a whole year for new episodes! I don't think the premiere date is set (I read something with a producer saying "TBD" on the start date for season 2), but it seems logical that it would coincide with Halloween again.

I'm not really a zombie movie fan, but this show totally sucked me in!
    Critical: I thought the premier episode was much more gory/graphic... so much so that I said I wasn't coming back again and didn't watch ep2. But then I did watch ep3 and have stuck with it since then. Yeah, I did think this last one was pretty gory/graphic but still thought the premier was really over the top (well, hehe, at least to me! LOL!!!)

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;4115612;
    Critical: I thought the premier episode was much more gory/graphic... so much so that I said I wasn't coming back again and didn't watch ep2. But then I did watch ep3 and have stuck with it since then. Yeah, I did think this last one was pretty gory/graphic but still thought the premier was really over the top (well, hehe, at least to me! LOL!!!)
    For me, the zombies eating people and the flesh tearing was too much. That's the part that's hardest for me to watch. In last night's episode, the part where the woman took the axe to her husband's head was hard to watch too. I try to tell myself that it's fake, but it's still pretty gross.

In the article in Entertainment Weekly about the show, they said that Andrew Lincoln HATED that whole sequence where they chop up the zombie and smear themselves with the blood and guts. Apparently, he ad libbed the whole "We need more guts" line because he just wanted the scene to be over!

I can't believe the season is almost over! I'm glad they renewed it and, although it makes sense to have to premiere coincide with Halloween, I wish we didn't have to wait so long!

I was surprised they just left Jim by the side of the road. I get that they don't want to kill the living, but it would seem like the humane thing to do in this case.

I thought the whole point of traveling to the CDC was because they heard they were working on a cure and wanted to bring Jim there - why go when Jim decided he couldn't make the trip? Poor guy.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4116772;
    I was surprised they just left Jim by the side of the road. I get that they don't want to kill the living, but it would seem like the humane thing to do in this case.
    They did it because that's what he asked them to do - leave him alone to turn. I don't know why he'd want that but that's what he asked them to do.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;4116972;
    They did it because that's what he asked them to do - leave him alone to turn. I don't know why he'd want that but that's what he asked them to do.
    No, I knew he asked for it - I was just surprised they agreed. If it was me, I wouldn't want one more walker out there, even if he had been my friend. I was surprised that one of the men didn't kill him when he was sitting there against the tree. I'd think the "we don't kill the living" rule might be bent a bit since Jim was almost not living.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4116980;
    No, I knew he asked for it - I was just surprised they agreed. If it was me, I wouldn't want one more walker out there, even if he had been my friend. I was surprised that one of the men didn't kill him when he was sitting there against the tree. I'd think the "we don't kill the living" rule might be bent a bit since Jim was almost not living.
    If I would have been with them, Jim would have been killed.... if I were Jim, I would have asked to be killed. Thats the zombie code!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread