+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 94 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778 ... LastLast
Like Tree490Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

The pudding was a big hit in my house. Growing up, we used to go fishing with our cousins.... this was way up in Canada, Fliin Flon Manitoba... it would stay light til like midnight. Our mom's would bring pudding for us kids and the three of us would have a pudding race to see how much we could eat. My youngest cousin always ended up with very little. I have been sharing the 112 oz with her today.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I'm just not so much into the soap operay parts I guess. I like knowing what makes the characters tick, I just don't need most of an hour full of it. I'm looking forward to finding out what happened to everyone else.

Next week! Dang the previews look so good!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Even a bad episode of TWD is good. I didn't care for this episode for the same reason I didn't like the two governor episodes. They wasted a lot of time telling us very little. And the lack of characters. That doesn't mean I wasn't glued to the tv the whole time.

I really like Carl. I was totally with him during his tantrum. Almost everything he said was true. Especially when he said Rick knew the governor was out there and knew where they were yet Rick only wanted to plant vegetables. Carl has been through even more then Rick. He believed his dad died just at the time the apocalypse started. Carl was close to Shane and had to shoot him the second time. He was close to Sophia and had to watch his dad shoot her in the head. Then he didn't just lose his mother, he had to shoot her in the head himself. He's had to watch his resurrected father (How could that not mess with a kids head?) have a total and complete melt down when he needed him most. He's had to take care of his sister while his father took imaginary phone calls and walked around talking to himself. He has gone through all this and the only counseling he got was Daryl trying to comfort him by sharing his own moms death. Carl watched everyone become complacent when he knew danger was still out there. And then his home is attacked, the only people he truly respected and trusted to help keep him safe are scattered to the wind and his sister has probably been eaten by a zombie. And now it looks like he's going to lose his dad, again. Yeah the kid has a right to an attitude. And I agree the majority of the things that have gone wrong were Ricks fault. Except Shane. Lori and Shane are the only ones to blame for that mess.
    So count me as one that was disappointed that Rick didn't turn and Carl didn't take him out. Not that I hate Rick to the point of wanting him dead. It just would have been good tv. And I couldn't help but think that Carl would be a better leader then his dad. He's already mentally stronger then Rick.

Michone is so pretty. I loved seeing her dressed so nice and talking arts. That was a pretty powerful dream segment. They told quite a lot with very little. About the baby, I'll put in spoiler what I remember of what's in the comics.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Michone is divorced and I believe has 2 sons. At the time of the outbreak both kids were at their fathers. She doesn't know where they are or if they're alive.

Kudos to TWD for still being able to make me jump, even when I know its coming, and for still being able to make me say, "Ew." I thought I was over this stuff but when Carl broke the zombies arm and the bone came through. Eeeewwww!
    Duckyface and JavaJo like this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

I agree about Carl, plus he's entering puberty. That alone makes them snotty..lol.

I don't care for the episodes that focus on one person, although I might enjoy Daryls epi that's rumored to be coming up. I want to see where everyone is, not just a couple.
    Duckyface likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I don't mind the one's that focus on a few characters. I think it works just fine considering they are all split up. I think it would be too cluttered to try to focus on them all at once. Plus - it will make the moment of when they do finally meet up again that much more intense.
    football_chick and Critical like this.

I just need more Daryl. I'm really looking forward to Sun. Looks like I'll get my Daryl fix.
    WD meme 1.jpg
    WD meme 2.jpg
    wd meme 3.jpg
    waywyrd and mesachick like this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

LMAO - I volunteer as tribute!! Yeah - me too!!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

So is Lizzy a straight up psycho? I need to go back and watch those bunny killing scenes again. OTOH, I was so glad to see Carol again.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    So is Lizzy a straight up psycho? I need to go back and watch those bunny killing scenes again. OTOH, I was so glad to see Carol again.
    Right? I was so happy to see Judith alive, but she might stay that way for long with Lizzie around. I wonder if her attachment to Carol will become obsessive. I wonder when Carol killing Karen will become an issue now that she and Tyreese are together.

Glenn finding out about Hershell's death
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread