+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 101 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071727374757677 ... LastLast
Like Tree540Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Was I the only one hoping Rick was really dead?
    Nope, I was right there with you. Rick was on my nerves for a long time, but after he banished Carol, I am totally over him and want him gone, and Carol back.

I waited all this time in suspense for this? The Michone part was interesting at least. I hope next weeks will be better.

To each his own. I thought the episode was very very good.
    Hurting you is the last thing I want to do... but it's still on the list

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Nope. I wouldn't have shed a tear. I'm so over Rick.

I thought the brief dream sequence showing Michonne's past life very interesting, as she's easily the most mysterious character of the entire series so far. So her story is just as tragic as anyone's, but she keeps it completely to herself.
    I liked seeing some of her back story, it was heartbreaking.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I loved the episode. I have no problem with Rick at all. I love him! He's been through hell and back, a lot more than any other character. I can't imagine his internal battle - feeling the need to protect his son from turning into a cold hearted killer, and yet having to allow him to kill to survive as well. Carl has really grown on me now. He's become quite the badass. I loved the scenes between him and Rick. We just watched Carl go from a boy to a man in that episode. In watching Talking Dead, the director (and Andrew Lincoln) both said that Chandler did an amazing job and I agree. The director said the folks on the set were getting misty watching the scene play out, especially the part towards the end when Carl thought Rick was dead and he just gave up. He realized he couldn't do it on his own, and he also would rather have died at that point than be alone.

Michonne's back story was great too. So now we know that her original mules were her lover and his best friend. Wow. They didn't come right out and say it, but I think that maybe her lover might have killed their child thinking that there would be no future for them. I am glad that she didn't go back in to her shell. Seeing her dead self there in that pack, really is what made her decide she wanted to live.

Her finding Rick and Carl was great! "Carl, it's for you"...

Two facts from the show...

Chandler Massey no longer likes pudding (he had to eat a lot of it for that scene lol).

The scene where Michonne kills all those walkers... the budget was for her to kill 8 of them. However, during the taping of the scene, Danai was super into her character and was really feeling her wanting to not go back to how she was. Apparently the director was really into the scene as well. He didn't yell cut, so she kept on killing the walkers. Made for an incredible scene no?
    football_chick likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I loved the episode. I have no problem with Rick at all. I love him! He's been through hell and back, a lot more than any other character. I can't imagine his internal battle - feeling the need to protect his son from turning into a cold hearted killer, and yet having to allow him to kill to survive as well. Carl has really grown on me now. He's become quite the badass. I loved the scenes between him and Rick. We just watched Carl go from a boy to a man in that episode. In watching Talking Dead, the director (and Andrew Lincoln) both said that Chandler did an amazing job and I agree. The director said the folks on the set were getting misty watching the scene play out, especially the part towards the end when Carl thought Rick was dead and he just gave up. He realized he couldn't do it on his own, and he also would rather have died at that point than be alone.

Michonne's back story was great too. So now we know that her original mules were her lover and his best friend. Wow. They didn't come right out and say it, but I think that maybe her lover might have killed their child thinking that there would be no future for them. I am glad that she didn't go back in to her shell. Seeing her dead self there in that pack, really is what made her decide she wanted to live.

Her finding Rick and Carl was great! "Carl, it's for you"...

Two facts from the show...

Chandler Massey no longer likes pudding (he had to eat a lot of it for that scene lol).

The scene where Michonne kills all those walkers... the budget was for her to kill 8 of them. However, during the taping of the scene, Danai was super into her character and was really feeling her wanting to not go back to how she was. Apparently the director was really into the scene as well. He didn't yell cut, so she kept on killing the walkers. Made for an incredible scene no?
    I love Rick too. I don't want him to die.

I thought Chandler (whose last name is actually Riggs, not Massey) was extraordinary. I thought he went from a boy to a man and back to a boy again as he realized that, no, he wouldn't be okay if his father died. He needs Rick.

"It's for you." My favorite line of the season.

Michonne's journey in this episode was sort of her journey for the entire series, at least emotionally. When the prison fell, she just went back to her "default" so easily. Picked up two new pets and turned off her emotions again. Ignored the footprints that would take her to other people and went in her own direction. By the time she reaches the front door of that house, she's realized she needs people and doesn't want to just push her feelings down again. I thought Danai was excellent in this episode. I'm sure it was fun for her to play pre-zombie Michonne. Just a nice change of pace....and clothes that don't stink!

Hershell's zombie head =

Lots of good stuff on Talking Dead this week.
    elk and mesachick like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I like rick. He has lost his wife, his infant daughter (presumably she was eaten) and has a son who he loves and wants to protect, yet deep inside he knows that Carl is now a man, this new world demands that children grow up fast. He is afraid to lose him too. Rick even made mention about wanting things to be the way they were and he is accepting that they never will be the same again. I'm still mad that he dumped Carol though!

I think in the comics Michonne's bf killed their child. I could be wrong though.

And Hershel's head
    Last edited by libgirl2; 02-10-2014 at 06:44 PM.
    mesachick likes this.

Opps - Riggs. Where the heck did I get Massey from? LOL

Regarding Herschel's zombie head... I had to laugh when they tried to "feed it" pudding on Talking Dead LOL
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Opps - Riggs. Where the heck did I get Massey from? LOL

Regarding Herschel's zombie head... I had to laugh when they tried to "feed it" pudding on Talking Dead LOL
    I missed that! I turned back to The Beatles special. Usually I do watch TD.

That had me rolling. The Herschel head looked so real!

I loved this episode too, even though I wanted to see what happened to the others. I have no patience. Michonne's emotional journey back to the living, Carl's teenage tantrum and his realization that he still needs his dad....good stuff, and excellent acting by them all. And "It's for you..." was awesome.

I thought for a second there that Rick had turned. He sure looked awful.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread