+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 101 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Like Tree550Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

I defended Carl last season and I would defend Daryl for this. Neither attack from the governor were old time civilized British led battles. You shoot at us. Now we'll shoot at you. Now lets break for tea and see if anyone is ready to give up yet. Both battles were balls to the wall full on death matches. You can bet none of the prison group were going to be allowed to surrender. And to me it looked like the guy was looking at Daryl like, "You got me." and expected to be shot. I would have been disappointed if Daryl hadn't killed him. That would have been one of their classic "doing the right thing only for it to come back and bite us in the ass" moves. That guy would have been the new governor and they'd always be having to watch out for him.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf View Post
    I defended Carl last season and I would defend Daryl for this. Neither attack from the governor were old time civilized British led battles. You shoot at us. Now we'll shoot at you. Now lets break for tea and see if anyone is ready to give up yet. Both battles were balls to the wall full on death matches. You can bet none of the prison group were going to be allowed to surrender. And to me it looked like the guy was looking at Daryl like, "You got me." and expected to be shot. I would have been disappointed if Daryl hadn't killed him. That would have been one of their classic "doing the right thing only for it to come back and bite us in the ass" moves. That guy would have been the new governor and they'd always be having to watch out for him.
    I agree, this isn't normal warfare... their are no Geneva conventions etc....
    CantGetNuf and mesachick like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fan

Yeah I agree also, was just bringing up about how some didn't like what Carl had done, and how this was kinda a similar scenario. Concering main characters being killed off, I don't really see any chance that Daryl will be killed off, at least not for a long time. He went from being pretty ignorant and a racist to being popular over some time. Rick is probably my favorite character, so I hope he stays on for a while.

I think they should cut down on the obvious foreshadowing of an imminent death. They give T Dog a few more lines the one episode, and he dies shortly after. Merle gets an episode focused on him, and then he dies. The same thing with the governor. You can pretty much tell in a bunch of the cases that their death is coming.

Since Michonne is on her own I am thinking maybe she has Judith? Plus the baby seat was unbuckled - not something a walker could do. I really don't think the baby will be dead. Dang, I can't wait until February!!!
    cablejockey likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I'm pretty sure Judith is still alive.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    A very small child (approx. Judith's size) was seen with Carol, Tyreese and one other when filming here in Georgia recently. Also, Daryl was seen carrying an injured Beth in another instance. The fellow playing the new red headed character (can't remember his name) has also been spotted filming a good bit. They have finished the majority, likely all, of the filming for the next half of the season that begins again on February 9th. Not sure about posting links to another web site here, so I'll be general here - if you type in something like Walking Dead filming locations you'll see the different places in middle Georgia that they have filmed, if you're interested in that sort of thing. Some of the small communities have organized tours and some cottage industries have sprung up around the show. Senoia, Georgia is where the studio is located and is where the majority of the inside scenes are filmed.

Off topic, but as a side note, Jennifer Lawrence was seen here yesterday. Griffin, Ga. is the location of "District 13" filming for the Hunger Games Trilogy. Security has been tight as a tick around that area!
    Last edited by Critical; 12-04-2013 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Added spoiler tags!
    libgirl2 and lilcountriegal like this.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Please watch those spoilers! If it hasn't happened on the show, it's a spoiler.
    mesachick likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Sorry! Got carried away there....
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Since some had said that Carl shouldn't have shot that guy last season who was trying to surrender, wouldn't the same thing apply to Daryl killing an unarmed guy who was surrending in this past episode? I know the guy from the tank had just got done helping to destroy the prison and other things, and if the situation was reversed he would have most likely killed Daryl, but just saying, lol
    I don't think Mitch was intending to surrender....or at least he would surrender and then take everyone out as soon as he could. After all, he was one of the most gung-ho before everything hit the fan at the fence. He knew Daryl had to take him out. It's what he would have done.

I can't believe we have to wait so long for the rest of the season! From everything I've read - and no spoilers here - the back 8 episodes are going to be bananas!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Yeah Critical, that's what I've heard as well (spoiler free here too!). If you watch The Talking Dead, all the actors that have been on recently have been saying how crazy its going to be. Can't wait!!!

daryl.jpg

*Giggle*
    waywyrd and JavaJo like this.

+ Reply to Thread