+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 100 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Like Tree532Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

I think the Governor killed Herschel instead of Michonne because Herschel was an innocent in all this and he was reacting to Rick's comment that they could all come back from what they'd done. The Governor knew there was no way he could change back to who he'd been before all this mess, change back to a good man, and he killed Herschel as a way of showing that.

and WHY DIDN'T SOMEONE SHOOT HIM?? They are all just sitting there watching him pull the sword back, why didn't someone shoot him? or at the very least try to shoot him??

I will miss Herschel, but I'm so glad the show isn't afraid to kill off main characters. There is something special about a show where you don't know who will live and who will die. It really adds to the show for me, rather than knowing that all the main characters will come out of every situation fine. I hope they won't change that.

You'd think with all the planning they did for problems at the prison, they would have planned a meeting place if everything went to heck, via zombies or people. Didn't they have a meeting place planned after the farm even, where they met up? They just thought they'd seen some people die and so they didn't wait for them? Maybe I'm remembering all wrong.

and I too was dissappointed in Daryls reaction when told Carol had just been dumped in zombieland with no input from anyone. I just knew they were going to have him react that way because the writers are all on Rick's side, but Come On!! Give us a little more than that. Rick at least deserved a punch in the face from Daryl!

Anyway a lot of questions that still need answering from the prison. I hope we will get the answers!
    Last edited by Duckyface; 12-02-2013 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    You'd think with all the planning they did for problems at the prison, they would have planned a meeting place if everything went to heck, via zombies or people. Didn't they have a meeting place planned after the farm even, where they met up? They just thought they'd seen some people die and so they didn't wait for them? Maybe I'm remembering all wrong
    I'm going to assume that the mid season premiere is going to start with them all meeting up at a designated place. If not then these are the dumbest survivors ever. I think it was just dumb luck that they all met up on the interstate after Hershals farm got over run. T-Dog was headed to the coast when Lori finally remembered Rick and Carl and decided maybe they might be at the interstate. Glenn and Maggie were just driving around lost when Daryl and Carol found them and Daryl thought Rick might be at the interstate. Rick was ready to head out looking for Lori when everyone showed up. So surely they have learned the importance of having a rendezvous spot. I hope.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Duckyface, I agree, I really thought Daryl would be a bit more upset about Rick dumping Carol. Maybe it is part of not making too many strong connections because you never know who will be killed next?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Here's a breakdown of who is with whom what with the aftermath of the Gov's attack on the prison.

At the episode's end, the survivors were torn in different directions. Rick and Carl hobbled away from the prison ruins together, Tyreese has Lizzie and Mika, Glenn is on the bus, Michonne is by herself, Daryl is with Beth and Bob is with Maggie and Sasha.
    waywyrd likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Also, did Daryl kill that guy that was in the tank when he was trying to surrender?
    I want to say Daryl nailed him with his crossbow, but so much was going on I'd have to rewatch to be sure. I really did NOT like that guy.

Does everyone think baby Judith made it? There was a lot of blood on and around that baby carrier....I'm thinking she was forgotten about for a few minutes in the chaos and something bad happened.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Daryl did shoot him with his crossbow.

As for baby Judith - in the cartoon she dies. But the show doesn't necessarily follow the cartoon. Herschel wasn't the one that got beheaded by the Governor for example. I would hope that she is ok.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

wow I am left speechless....what a great finale, but man was I the only one that was so depressed afterwards?

I do think they will all meet up somewhere....I hope the baby is alive.

Watching the talking dead on youtube I never knew that Maggie has a accent....I was shocked. And that Carl's stunt double is really a 31 year old woman...LMAO and Scott's mom is still alive....god bless her!

The only thing that would made it better was having the sisters that hung out with the Governor got theirs too....especially the younger sister...LOL
    Last edited by dreamonia; 12-03-2013 at 07:01 AM.

Scott's mom is in her late 90's and lives in south Georgia. Interestingly, his father had 6 brothers and one of them was named Hershel. It was fate for him to play this role - he was absolutely perfect for it.
    dreamonia likes this.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

FORT Fan

Since some had said that Carl shouldn't have shot that guy last season who was trying to surrender, wouldn't the same thing apply to Daryl killing an unarmed guy who was surrending in this past episode? I know the guy from the tank had just got done helping to destroy the prison and other things, and if the situation was reversed he would have most likely killed Daryl, but just saying, lol

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG View Post
    Scott's mom is in her late 90's and lives in south Georgia. Interestingly, his father had 6 brothers and one of them was named Hershel. It was fate for him to play this role - he was absolutely perfect for it.
    you are correct she is 99 years old! Wow what a coincidence with the name....gonna miss the character and the actor....

+ Reply to Thread