+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 118 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast
Like Tree720Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

There are a few changes from the comcis to the tv series, but a lot of things have stayed intact. Thus, I knew what was coming with Amy, but that did not lessen the impact the scene had (the acting by the lady playing Andrea was superb), especially since there were a lot more deaths in this scene than in the comics, when there weren't as many survivors as here in the show. Now we know why there were those other unnamed survivors in the group, like the older black couple, an older man and a few others, just so the show can really make a serious statement that, yes, people will die here. Though something tells me nobody'll bat an eye at Ed being gone, that's one less jerk we have to see, but we'll have to see how it affects Carol and Sophia. The whole thing with the guys who took Glenn taking care of older folks was never in the comics, but it was kinda cute.

I don't consider this as spoilers, but to those of you who have not read the comics, I decided to tell who is and isn't from the comics. The characters from the comic who are also present in the show are Rick, Lori, Carl, Shane, Glenn, Dale, Jim, Andrea, Amy, Carol, Sophia, Morgan and Duane. The characters that are exclusive to the tv show are Merle, his brother Daryl, T-Dog, Jacqui, Carol's husband Ed (only mentioned in passing in the comics), Morales, his wife Miranda and children Eliza and Louis (also worth noting that Morgan's wife was never mentioned in the comics). The fact that these nine characters were not in the comic means that I don't know what their eventual fate (excluding Ed's because we saw what happened to him) will be and that definitely ups the tension, especially considering that I knew Amy would die in this attack.

Should also note that the only srvivors from the comic that didn't make it to the show are a family of four who were with the main group of survivors there. They were a man named Allen, his wife Donna, and twin sons Ben and Billy (younger than Carl and Sophia). I ponder if Morales and his family will be their tv counterparts, but then also noticed that Jacqui's comments during the laundry about the tasks that the people in camp carry out, it was very similar to comments made by Donna in the comics, she was the vocal one about men doing the hunting and the women doing the laundry and stuff like that. Overall, that just helps up my curiosity and keep me coming back for more.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;4111297;
    I wonder where they will go now. It seemed like they were so far away from town, but when the guys were running back up the hill because they had no van, it could have just been a couple of hours walking distance.
    From what I understand, Atlanta is surrounded by woodsy terrain. Someone was speculating on another site that this might be the quarry: Atlanta, GA - Google Maps

Edit: I guess gas is a problem but they found a truck before by going to a construction site. I thought they'd end up doing the same thing instead of walking back. You have to wonder where Merle is.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant;4111504;
    There are a few changes from the comcis to the tv series, but a lot of things have stayed intact. Thus, I knew what was coming with Amy, but that did not lessen the impact the scene had (the acting by the lady playing Andrea was superb), especially since there were a lot more deaths in this scene than in the comics, when there weren't as many survivors as here in the show. Now we know why there were those other unnamed survivors in the group, like the older black couple, an older man and a few others, just so the show can really make a serious statement that, yes, people will die here. Though something tells me nobody'll bat an eye at Ed being gone, that's one less jerk we have to see, but we'll have to see how it affects Carol and Sophia. The whole thing with the guys who took Glenn taking care of older folks was never in the comics, but it was kinda cute.

I don't consider this as spoilers, but to those of you who have not read the comics, I decided to tell who is and isn't from the comics. The characters from the comic who are also present in the show are Rick, Lori, Carl, Shane, Glenn, Dale, Jim, Andrea, Amy, Carol, Sophia, Morgan and Duane. The characters that are exclusive to the tv show are Merle, his brother Daryl, T-Dog, Jacqui, Carol's husband Ed (only mentioned in passing in the comics), Morales, his wife Miranda and children Eliza and Louis (also worth noting that Morgan's wife was never mentioned in the comics). The fact that these nine characters were not in the comic means that I don't know what their eventual fate (excluding Ed's because we saw what happened to him) will be and that definitely ups the tension, especially considering that I knew Amy would die in this attack.

Should also note that the only srvivors from the comic that didn't make it to the show are a family of four who were with the main group of survivors there. They were a man named Allen, his wife Donna, and twin sons Ben and Billy (younger than Carl and Sophia). I ponder if Morales and his family will be their tv counterparts, but then also noticed that Jacqui's comments during the laundry about the tasks that the people in camp carry out, it was very similar to comments made by Donna in the comics, she was the vocal one about men doing the hunting and the women doing the laundry and stuff like that. Overall, that just helps up my curiosity and keep me coming back for more.
    Another difference between the books and the show is that Jim was bitten by a zombie during the campfire attack, in the books. But in the show... well, it didn't happen, which makes me think Jim is going to last a little while longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddler;4111614;
    Another difference between the books and the show is that Jim was bitten by a zombie during the campfire attack, in the books. But in the show... well, it didn't happen, which makes me think Jim is going to last a little while longer.
    But I seem to remember that in the preview for next episode, Jim is telling someone (seems to be Daryl) to not say anything or something along those lines. I suspect he really was bitten and we might see the consequences next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant;4111966;
    But I seem to remember that in the preview for next episode, Jim is telling someone (seems to be Daryl) to not say anything or something along those lines. I suspect he really was bitten and we might see the consequences next episode.
    NOOOOOOO!!!! I HOPE not!!! I like Jim. I want him to stick around.

So I just started reading the 1st comic and am surprised at how much they do stay within the original storyline. It is so rare these days for anyone to do that. I like the small differences, the tank instead of a horse, taking more time to reunite the cop and his family than in the comic..... not too shabby!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddler;4111976;
    NOOOOOOO!!!! I HOPE not!!! I like Jim. I want him to stick around.
    I haven't read any spoilers about who stays and who goes, but sometimes you can tell by looking at the imdb listing for the show and seeing how many episodes the actor is in. Several times I've accidentally spoiled myself that way by seeing that an actor is only in X number of episodes of a longer series. Usually, in the actor listing, it will give the episode names they appear in. Just in case you're really curious

I have to say, the attack at the camp had me squirming. It was a bit too gory for me and that hasn't been the case with any of the other episodes of the show so far.

I'm so happy the show got renewed, but it's going to suck having to wait nearly a whole year for new episodes! I don't think the premiere date is set (I read something with a producer saying "TBD" on the start date for season 2), but it seems logical that it would coincide with Halloween again.

I'm not really a zombie movie fan, but this show totally sucked me in!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I've been wondering why no one shot poor Amy in the head after her fatal attack, to ensure that she would not return as a zombie.

And were those her fingers wiggling we saw at the end?
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I kept thinking they needed to end her suffering as well but they never did. I also was waiting for her to come back to life and bite her sister (I watch way too many horror movies!). I'm going to have to go out and buy the 2nd comic now so I can see what happens before the show comes back!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Seeing all those zombies at their camp really shocked me. I was expecting Merle to return and start some sort of ruckus, not for poor Amy to get bit (twice!) by a zombie.

I developed a wacky theory after this week's episode. I think Merle loaded up the stolen truck with zombies and drove them to the camp to get revenge on the people who abandoned him. It's a wacky theory because I don't think Merle would want to sic a bunch of zombies on his brother. Although with all the blood loss they kept going on about, maybe Merle isn't thinking clearly.

And panning to the 3 chihuahuas while the guy was saying "We thought you were being eaten by dogs" was one of the best sight gags I've seen in a long time.

l really like this show and I wish they had ordered more episodes for the first season. I need a pouting smilie icon to properly express my feelings for this issue.

+ Reply to Thread