+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 94 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast
Like Tree490Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

I found out recently that Andrew Lincoln (Rick Grimes) is British. Wow. He puts on the American accent really well.
    cablejockey likes this.

Guess you never saw Love Actually. David Morrissey and Lauren Cohan and are also British....or at least LV was raised in England.

I spent a while week waiting for Daryl's reaction to Carol being gone and then.....NOTHING! WTH!? ACK the suspense.

I thought sure the Governor was going to rape or kill everyone tonight.....or rape AND kill them. I don't believe for a second that this kinder gentler Governor is permanent. All it's going to take for the Big Bad to come back is that little girl dying.

Chris Hardwick had me in tears at the end of Talking Dead tonight talking about his dad's sudden passing yesterday.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I spent a while week waiting for Daryl's reaction to Carol being gone and then.....NOTHING! WTH!? ACK the suspense.
    I know! It looks like we won't find out next week, either. Grr.

I did laugh when the Governor woke up to find his henchmen gone. I wouldn't have stuck around with that nutbag either, even though he is showing a speck of a heart with this family.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I also thought we would see the Gov turn on those women and child, or kill the women and take the girl. I find it fascinating that the character of Rick is played so well by a British actor--if you didnt know you would swear he is American! Also British, is the actor playing the Governor!(He's also married to the great grand daughter of Sigmund Frued)
    I found this item with interesting facts about the cast! 12 Things You Didn't Know About The Cast Of 'The Walking Dead'

I liked to Governor's story a lot. I, like you guys, thought he would kill that family. I think he is trying to "recapture" the family he once had, thus he got rid of the picture.
    waywyrd and AJane like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I don't have cable so I buy WD on youtube. I had to wait until today to watch it. Last night I was going insane waiting to find out Daryl's reaction to Carol being gone. I went ahead and read recaps of the episode. I was so disappointed to find out it was the Governors show this week. Finally just watched the episode and didn't find it as boring as I thought I would. Still disappointed to not see Daryl.

Speculation is that the Governor doesn't show up at the prison with death and destruction in mind but might actually be there to ask for help. I will not be able to buy any scenario that doesn't involve the Governor being killed by every survivor at the prison. Seems like even when the new people move in the others would tell them right off the bat that their #1 enemy is a tall distinguished man wearing an eye patch and that he should be shot and killed on sight. I cannot imagine what the governor could possibly do to even get anyone at the prison to talk to him. Much less let him and his little family move in.

Waywyrd why does it look like we won't find out Daryl's reaction next week? I haven't seen the preview for next week yet.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I liked to Governor's story a lot. I, like you guys, thought he would kill that family. I think he is trying to "recapture" the family he once had, thus he got rid of the picture.
    Ditto to all of your comments. I think it's interesting to humanize a character that's so far been portrayed as purely evil/demented. In fact, I liked it enough to forget about Daryl until I read the posts here.

My PVR cut off immediately after the Gov and the child were discovered in the trap by his old buddy. Did anything happen after that? I'm assuming the walkers got the sisters.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

No that was the end of it. When the governor was fighting the walkers in the pit I could hear rapid gunfire in the background. So I assume his friend killed all the other walkers. Not sure the friend didn't kill the sisters too though.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf View Post

Waywyrd why does it look like we won't find out Daryl's reaction next week? I haven't seen the preview for next week yet.
    The preview

I just don't believe the Governor has turned over a new - permanent - leaf. I also can't imagine anyone in the prison buying anything he's trying to sell. I think he's going to go after the prison because it's the safest place around (relatively speaking, of course) and in order to get the prison, he's going to have to get rid of everyone living there. He's kind and noble when it suits him, but I think once you go all Kurtz like he did, I think it's A LOT easier to go there again.

I don't think the Governor is pure evil. We've always seen glimpses of his humanity. I think last night's episode showed how anyone can do evil if they're pushed far enough.
    waywyrd and libgirl2 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I guess the the Governor's humanity got tossed out of the window again. He sure can be a brutal bastard when he wants to be. And here I was, starting to feel for the guy.

From the previews it looks like he wants to take the prison from Rick and his band of merry men....hell, I'd give it to him. Along with the lovely virus that was hanging around.
    libgirl2 and mesachick like this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread