+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 90 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Like Tree454Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

I thought this last weeks episode was all about Hershel and what a tough some beach he is. Last time one of my shows did that for a character they killed him off the following week.

Too many child zombies would be off putting. I think the zombies are eating all the pets.
    We're not going to Guam are we?

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    I keep thinking the governor had (they may be dead now) or has a spy on the inside, one of the people from his town who came to live at the prison, who is feeding the walkers causing them to mass at the one part of the fence to try and bring it down.
    I still get a bad feeling about Bob, so if the Gov has an inside spy I'd think it was him. But, I'm usually wrong about these things.

Really wanting to see Daryl's reaction to Rick after he tells him what he did to Carol...
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I know several posters here think the little girl is feeding the zombies at the fence, but I disagree. If she's doing it, then she's using a ladder. The person feeding the rats is holding the flashlight at eye level with adults. I wouldn't put it past the Governor to have done it. If he's been watching the compound, he knows where that spot in the fence is where the prison crew can slip in and out. He could easily have slipped in, fed the zombies and then snuck back out unseen, especially in the middle of the night. My feeling is that he wants the prison. It's the safest place around, as long as you can keep the zombies out. Killing some of the residents - especially Rick and Michonne - would just be the icing.

I'm very relieved that Glenn and Hershell are alive for now. I know that any of them could go at any time, but I don't want any of the core group to die. Really, if Daryl were to do, I probably wouldn't watch any more. Same with Rick and probably Michonne....and maybe a few others.

I enjoyed the little father-son zombie shooting gallery bonding session.

You know, they talked on Talking Dead about how they couldn't use fire because it would light the woods on fire, but I don't see why that needs to be the case. If they used a flamethrower on the zombies right at the fence, it would stay pretty much right there. The plants are pretty green at this point and it's not like any of the zombies are going to run back to the woods. I say, torch 'em!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    I thought Hershel might not make it, but was glad that he did. His character is definitely more likeable than back in season 2.

How come there aren't more children zombies by the way? Would that be too off putting for some viewers? Also, there are hardly any cats and dogs around.
    Or birds or rain or thunderstorms that can definitely kick up in the south in the time of year portrayed. I figure cats and dogs could definitely run faster than zombies and cats are GREAT at not being found when they don't want to be. Wonder if this virus crosses over into animals? And yeah, where are the kid zombies?

Yes Beth, it's just a t.v. show. It isn't SUPPOSED to make sense.

Crawling back into lurkdom now....
    Duckyface likes this.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

By the way,

Walking Dead is filmed all around this area. I'm in Griffin, Georgia - several scenes are filmed here. The cul-de-sac where Carol and Rick parted ways is about a mile from where I sit right now. They film here, also in Senoia, Ga. where "Woodbury" is set, in Grantville, Ga. and any and all points in-between. They are in the last few weeks of filming for the year, episodes being filmed now will air next spring. Based on the walker-stalkers around here, could tell you a few actors that have been seen filming and about a couple of new actors coming next spring. Anyone?
    cablejockey likes this.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

That is so cool that you get to be so close to the sets Beth. BTW - I am a Beth too

But no, I wouldn't want to know anything about new actors. The element of surprise is not something I want to waste on this show. Maybe if folks are interested, you could do it through PM's? Thanks!!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I know several posters here think the little girl is feeding the zombies at the fence, but I disagree. If she's doing it, then she's using a ladder. The person feeding the rats is holding the flashlight at eye level with adults. I wouldn't put it past the Governor to have done it. If he's been watching the compound, he knows where that spot in the fence is where the prison crew can slip in and out. He could easily have slipped in, fed the zombies and then snuck back out unseen, especially in the middle of the night. My feeling is that he wants the prison. It's the safest place around, as long as you can keep the zombies out. Killing some of the residents - especially Rick and Michonne - would just be the icing.

I'm very relieved that Glenn and Hershell are alive for now. I know that any of them could go at any time, but I don't want any of the core group to die. Really, if Daryl were to do, I probably wouldn't watch any more. Same with Rick and probably Michonne....and maybe a few others.

You know, they talked on Talking Dead about how they couldn't use fire because it would light the woods on fire, but I don't see why that needs to be the case. If they used a flamethrower on the zombies right at the fence, it would stay pretty much right there. The plants are pretty green at this point and it's not like any of the zombies are going to run back to the woods. I say, torch 'em!
    Oh I hadn't even thought of the governor sneaking in. It's true it wouldn't be hard at all to do. That's probably the answer! Good thinking Critical.

I also thought they were a little silly for saying they couldn't burn the zombies on Talking Dead. I think a flame thrower would work great, especially if you just aimed at the head and fried their brains. Even if you just lit them up, there is a stream between them and the woods as well as a good 50 feet or so of stubby green grass, I don't think it would be too much of a danger.

I like the idea of some mow 'em down type vehicle they could just take out and make a circuit around the prison fence every morning. Surely they could come up with something better than a sharp stick in the eye. How tiring would that get after your 50th zombie of the morning?

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I did too. As I have said, Carl gets my vote for most improved character. He started out useless, then turned into a pain, then a psycho, but he finally has some degree of maturity to him. Most of the kids his age are forgetting life before all of this. It is there way of life, they adapt and improve.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

They tried burning zombies in the book, World War Z (don't know about the movie- didn't watch it because the book was so good!). The problem was burning zombies continued coming after the people.
    libgirl2 likes this.

AMC's Walking Dead Spin-Off Premise Revealed? - Yahoo TV

If I've done this right then that should be a link to a little article about the possible spin off show.
    At first thought I'm thinking no. But sometimes I wish they would give us more information on how the zombie attacks started. And I would like to know whats going on in other parts of the country and the rest of the world. So this could be a really good spin off.
    We're not going to Guam are we?

+ Reply to Thread