+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 94 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Like Tree490Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

I thought it was a little ironic that Hershel said that they are now burning the bodies of the sick. I hope Daryl loses his s*** on Rick when he finds out about Carol. Hmm - wonder if he will go out looking for her, if that's the case? Leaving an opening for the Governor to make a move, with two of the core group gone? My husband said right away that it must be the Gov. who's been feeding the walkers.

Rick annoys the crap out of me. One minute he's trying to bring his kid back from the brink of sociopathy, the next he's got the cowboy hat back on and is playing Dead Rising - for real - with dad. Can't decide if he wants a killer or a kid in reading group.
    Duckyface likes this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Well they had no choice though. If Rick and Carl hadn't of done what they did, the walkers would have taken over the prison. Rick and Carl where the only two out there to even do anything. Everyone else was in the prison dealing with the walkers from the flu. Rick did ask Carl if he was ok. I think Rick is realizing that you can be both, walker killer and a farmer, which is why they showed Rick and Carl eating peas from the garden afterward. It's all about survival.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

My wife actually thinks the Governor is somehow controlling that little girl(forgot her name, but the one that is acting strange) and that she was feeding them the rats, etc.

So many possibilities, not sure how long the Governor has been outside the prison?

FORT Fan

How is Hershel able to be inside the quarantine area so much without getting sick himself?

Not everyone gets the flu when it goes around. Some folks have natural antibodies, etc.
    Crystalline likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I still think the girl was feeding the walkers, it was someone on the inside and the Governor is not, unless he has someone working for him on the inside. When Daryl asked about Carol....well that foreshadowed him losing it big time when he finds out she is gone. I agree, he might go looking for her leaving them open to the Gov coming in. I am really liking this Carl. I think he has finally matured since last season. He has learned what has to be done and when. Hershel is the best. I really hope he is around for alot longer.

Great episode.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I keep thinking the governor had (they may be dead now) or has a spy on the inside, one of the people from his town who came to live at the prison, who is feeding the walkers causing them to mass at the one part of the fence to try and bring it down.

I think the whole thing with Carl and Rick just proves what Carol said, you can be a farmer, but not only a farmer. In the apocalypse you have to wear many hats.

I too hope that Daryl gives Rick something to think about for having made the decision to leave Carol all by himself. There should be some consequences for an action like kicking out one of the group who had been there even before Rick showed up, without getting anyone elses input on the matter. I like Rick, but I think the era of the Ricktatorship should be at an end.

I love Glen and wanted him to live, but a little part of me also wanted him to die because I want the show to stay unpredictable. I want to know that one of the main characters can still be taken out at any moment so we don't always know how things are going to end. If this turns into a regular show where you know all the main characters will be safe at the end so there's no real tension when they get into a bad situation, I'll love it a little less.
    Last edited by Duckyface; 11-12-2013 at 12:15 PM.

FORT Fan

Being at the prison isn't the safest place to be right now obviously. Carol might be better off with the decision that was made.

I agree with everything you just said Duckyface. As I watched Glen lying on the floor dying, I didn't really feel scared. I knew he wasn't going to die. I was actually thinking, "Seriously? I'm supposed to believe they're going to get here with the meds and he's going to just jump up and be fine? After the dr already died and he wasn't in this bad of shape." Had he died right then I would have been in shock. I would have been crying. I'd have to call my daughter and tell her to get home immediately to watch it. lol It would have been horrifically awesome and exactly what I hope for from WD. They really got me with Sophia. I did not read the comics and avoided all spoilers. When little zombie Sophia came walking out of that barn I almost fell out. I was like, "Oh no they didn't turn that little girl into a zombie." "OMG Rick did not just shoot little zombie Sophia in the head!"

Daryl sees things in shades of grey so I don't think he's going to be as understanding as Maggie and Hershel when he finds out Rick kicked Carol out of the group. Too many times he has wanted to do what it takes to "protect the group". My speculation is that he'll go find Carol and that's when the long awaited (for some) romance between them will kick off. Or while he's gone looking for her, she and the Governor will attack the prison.

If Carl is right and everything comes back to haunt them then I think Carol will either attack the prison with the governor, which I truly do not see happening, or she will be a zombie who ends up biting Rick.
    Duckyface likes this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

FORT Fan

I thought Hershel might not make it, but was glad that he did. His character is definitely more likeable than back in season 2.

How come there aren't more children zombies by the way? Would that be too off putting for some viewers? Also, there are hardly any cats and dogs around.
    Last edited by Lonnie; 11-12-2013 at 05:38 PM.

+ Reply to Thread