+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 94 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Like Tree490Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    Rick stepped down as leader and they have a council making decisions now, so perhaps he should have let them decide if Carol should be banished. I have the feeling there will be some upset people if he tells them the truth, that he banished her without consulting anyone else. If he can do that to her, he can do it to anyone, and should have done it to his son for shooting an unarmed, surrendering teenager.
    good point!
    2boysmom likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    She's supposed to be 18 or 19, so not really what I would call a "young teenager." Young adult is more appropriate.....and certainly much older than she is in years.

I don't think she's pointless
    What interesting aspects have involved her? lol

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    good point!
    That's debateable if he was really going to surrender or bluff his way to his advantage. If the situation was reversed, I wouldn't have been surprised at all if he would have shot Carl and the others. Or at least kidnapped Carl as a way for the Governor to bring Rick in.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    That's debateable if he was really going to surrender or bluff his way to his advantage. If the situation was reversed, I wouldn't have been surprised at all if he would have shot Carl and the others. Or at least kidnapped Carl as a way for the Governor to bring Rick in.
    I agree here. It was two completely different types of situations. Carl wasn't killing people in his own camp, he was caught up in the craziness in the whole shoot out that going on around him at the time. He didn't calculate out a plan and then carry it out. Way different than what Carol did. Rick took the appropriate action, by taking Carl out of any situations in which he'd be faced with having to kill walkers.

I think that Rick, in some part, was also trying to protect Carol. I imagine that Tyrese would either kill her, or ask her to be banned from the group anyway, once he found out what Carol did.

Such a good poignant story point we've had! Love this show and the writers! I am not sure I find either person *wrong*. Carol did what she did thinking that she was protecting the group. Rick is making the same type of decision as well.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I agree here. It was two completely different types of situations. Carl wasn't killing people in his own camp, he was caught up in the craziness in the whole shoot out that going on around him at the time. He didn't calculate out a plan and then carry it out. Way different than what Carol did. Rick took the appropriate action, by taking Carl out of any situations in which he'd be faced with having to kill walkers.

I think that Rick, in some part, was also trying to protect Carol. I imagine that Tyrese would either kill her, or ask her to be banned from the group anyway, once he found out what Carol did.

Such a good poignant story point we've had! Love this show and the writers! I am not sure I find either person *wrong*. Carol did what she did thinking that she was protecting the group. Rick is making the same type of decision as well.
    I completely agree with this. They were both doing what they thought was best to protect the group.

I just thought with the council they were going to be moving on from thinking that an individual should be making those kinds of decisions for the group, but it seems to be a hard transition for them to make, giving up individual power in favor of democracy and the possibility that as a group decisions will be made that they don't agree with.

FORT Fan

Does anyone else think that Sam guy could be showing up at the prison with some other people eventually? Did he contribute to that girl's death that the walkers were gorging on?

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

That whole Sam and Anna thing just confused me. I didn't see the point of it at all, unless Sam comes back at some point and references what happened before.

I also don't think Rick had the authority to banish Carol, and I couldn't understand why Carol just didn't say so to his face instead of accepting it and leaving.

I love the show, but it's starting to confuse me more than entertain me.

In some respects, Rick really does have the authority though, as he is the one that has held them together and kept them safe for this long. He has been the leader of this group since they first found each other at the start of Season 1. He is the one that lead them to safety after the farm got mobbed by walkers. He is the one that took on the Governor and put his life on the line when it came to the Governor. There is much that Rick has done for this group. Others have too, but Rick has always been the one that they've turned to for guidance. Even though he "stepped down" and decided to just be a farmer (which was necessary IMO if only just to give him some time to de-stress and reclaim his sanity), the others still went to him for advice, and more often than not, followed it. We've seen several people approach Rick recently (Herschel for one) asking him to please take back that leadership role officially. I think Carol respects Rick for this, which is why she finally accepted his decision (she did try to talk him out of for awhile). That's my take on it anyway.

Great discussions!

Loved the episode last night.

I thought Herschel was a goner last night

Loved the walkers finally breaking down the fences and the Rick/Carl tram of shooting them all.
    cablejockey likes this.

Another great episode! So glad Glen didn't die! The shoot out was crazy! Interesting reactions from those that Rick has told about Carol. I am glad he is telling them the truth about it all. Now it can't come back and bite him in the butt. Herschel didn't seem to have much of a reaction other than maybe being sad. Maggie agreed with Rick. Daryl doesn't know yet though - I think there is where the issue may lie. Also Daryl and Tyrese might have some words about it. So good!

And of course...

He's baaaaack!! Michonne didn't need to go out looking for him, he came back! I wonder if he's the one that's been taunting the walkers with the rats.

+ Reply to Thread