+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Like Tree490Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Pretty sure the glasses belonged to Patrick who died and zombified in the shower.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

How is Rick going to explain what Carol did? The boyfriend of one of the victims, likes Carol and thinks she is so kind!!
    JohnnyK likes this.

I wonder if Rick IS going to tell anyone. With that mega-herd shuffling its way to the prison and everyone getting sick, they might have bigger fish to fry...

I think Carol is still a kind person. She didn't torch those people out of malice, she thought she was doing the best thing for the group by trying to squash the virus outbreak. Even though others might disagree with her methods!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Well Rick certainly didn't agree with her methods. I can't believe he threw her out of the group! I don't know what to think about that little turn of events...I really liked Carol, I hope she's not gone for good.

And the medic guy (is it Terrence?) really bothers me. I know he's got issues, but damn. I found myself wishing Daryl would toss his butt off the roof after they got the bag back from the walkers. He bugs me. Daryl, on the other hand, I really loved last night.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Well Rick certainly didn't agree with her methods. I can't believe he threw her out of the group! I don't know what to think about that little turn of events...I really liked Carol, I hope she's not gone for good.

And the medic guy (is it Terrence?) really bothers me. I know he's got issues, but damn. I found myself wishing Daryl would toss his butt off the roof after they got the bag back from the walkers. He bugs me. Daryl, on the other hand, I really loved last night.
    Close - his name is Bob Really, when they were on the roof, why couldn't the inside walkers just go through the window? Maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention.

Carol I'm convinced we haven't seen the last of her. She's one of my favorites on the show. I'm sad to know we'll be seeing less of her, at least for a while.

ETA: Okay, Chris Jericho KILLED IT on Talking Dead tonight! Yes, anyone would have seemed intelligent and lucid after Marilyn Manson last week, but still, CJ was awesome. Gillian Jacobs was pretty great too.
    Last edited by Critical; 11-04-2013 at 06:43 AM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Wow another great episode!

I was surprised that Rick left Carol there. I understand why though - she's impossible to trust now. I too think we haven't seen the last of her. I wonder how Daryl is going to take the news.

Loved the scenes with Daryl and Bob - the way Daryl got up in his face (literally lol). I can't wait for next Sunday!!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I was shocked Rick left her too. I know she can't be trusted, but I know why she did it. I hope she comes back.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Yeah this is an odd one. I think Rick's biggest issue may be that she did this behind everyone's back. Rick has certainly had to make the same type of decisions, but he always was very upfront about what he was going to do. This was one of the more powerful episodes I thought. I just hope The Governor doesn't manage to get a hold of her somehow. Either that or maybe the group will disagree with what Rick did and go out to try to find her and bring her back. I can see Daryl having that kind of reaction.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I don't see what was wrong with what Carol did in the first place. She didn't do it out of cruelty or malice, she did what she thought was right (and as grim as it sounds, burning the bodies is better than burying them). Rick is a tool with control issues and I hope this insane decision about Carol (can't quite understand how he gets to throw people out of the community anyway) comes back to bite him.
    waywyrd and mindy384 like this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

At the least Rick should have brought her back and had the group decide what to do with her. They are trying to create a society and have progressed from Rick being dictator to having a group that makes decisions together, which to me means Rick shouldn't be trying to go back to dictator. She also should have let the group decide what to do about the ill people, but I think both of them are trying to protect the group and not trusting the decisions of the group over their own. Of course in emergency situations someone has to make decisions quickly, but as a society that's when you start getting in trouble, when any one person has the power to decide things on their own.

+ Reply to Thread