+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 95 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast
Like Tree490Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

I'm starting to feel like it's too caricature-ish. Like every single character has to be a stereotype of something because there's no time to fit much character development in 6 episodes. Off the top of my head, we have:
    • Captain America - Rick
    • Raging white power racists
    • A character named "T-dog" (really?!?)
    • Wifebeating misogynist scumbag
    • Timid wife with mournful eyes who loves the scumbag
    Most of the women don't ring true. They're either swaggering or whining and screaming.

Bah, I still like the show, I'm just finding it more comic-ky than I expected. The pilot has been the best episode so far - it really kept you on the edge of your seat.

Also, why would he saw off his hand when a hacksaw could have easily sawed through the chain on his handcuffs?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;4105691;
    Also, why would he saw off his hand when a hacksaw could have easily sawed through the chain on his handcuffs?
    Maybe he tired that but it took too long so the wrist was easier? I know if there were a boatload of zombies trying to get at me, I would do what was quickest.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;4105785;
    Maybe he tired that but it took too long so the wrist was easier? I know if there were a boatload of zombies trying to get at me, I would do what was quickest.
    The husband says the wrist would be easier. Personally, I'd take my chances sawing at the chain. As we're huge fans of The Boondock Saints...we HAVE to like Darryl. His character here is so different from Murphy it's hard to realize it's the same guy.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

How in the world did they not know a swarm of zombies was ascending on the camp?! Loved the care home, the chiuaua's and Glen (had to get that hat)!

Where is the truck? Where is Merl? One episode Rick's wife (Laurie right?) doesn't want Carl to be with Shane and the next it's okay. Maybe that's because it was a group?

This episode dragged a bit for me, but there definitely some highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;4111003;
    How in the world did they not know a swarm of zombies was ascending on the camp?! Loved the care home, the chiuaua's and Glen (had to get that hat)!

Where is the truck? Where is Merl? One episode Rick's wife (Laurie right?) doesn't want Carl to be with Shane and the next it's okay. Maybe that's because it was a group?

This episode dragged a bit for me, but there definitely some highlights.
    And I was waiting for the Dead to find their camp! Finally! I kept thinking how they could be out in the open and not get attacked by a horde of zombies.

I also liked the nursing home situation. Lets you know appearances can be deceiving and it also gives you some hoep for mankind to try to do the right thing.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I wonder where they will go now. It seemed like they were so far away from town, but when the guys were running back up the hill because they had no van, it could have just been a couple of hours walking distance.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Little things in this episode that made me wonder:

Why does Daryl think that carrying Merle's hand around really intimidates anyone?

Why didn't Rick just steal another vehicle after Merle swiped the van? It was so easy to steal 2 the last time, and choosing to jog back seems like an absurdly dangerous decision for both them and their camp.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;4111297;
    I wonder where they will go now. It seemed like they were so far away from town, but when the guys were running back up the hill because they had no van, it could have just been a couple of hours walking distance.
    I can see them joining up with the people at the nursing home, maybe only the women and children.

Last night's episode was actually the first one I have seen, but it definitely pulled me in. Hope AMC reruns it before the new season begins.

And I like how it's the second series shot in and around Atlanta that is a hit, (the other being "Vampire Diaries"). I just like the feeling that I might be able to ride up the road about 30 miles and *possibly* run into Ian Somerhalder. But mercy, we've got vampires, witches and werewolves in the "Vampire Diaries" and now zombies and assorted crazy folks in the "Walking Dead". I would love for something to be filmed around here that didn't involve folks getting bitten, bloodied and eaten up.

The woman playing the Sheriff's wife - Lori? Laurie? - she looks like the woman who played the prison doctor on "Prison Break" when it was on. Can't remember her name though.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG;4111471;
    The woman playing the Sheriff's wife - Lori? Laurie? - she looks like the woman who played the prison doctor on "Prison Break" when it was on. Can't remember her name though.
    Aye. That's her. Sarah Wayne Callies, I think her name is. And it's Lori, I believe.

+ Reply to Thread