+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 113 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999 ... LastLast
Like Tree673Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

That woman was beyond creepy. I thought she was a zombie at first. And it was pretty intense when the walkers started raining through the ceiling in the store they were plundering - eek. They must have used a good twenty gallons of fake blood, every time one of them landed it made a huge splat.

I can't wait to find out what killed the pig and the Harry Potter-looking boy...airborne virus? Some kind of plague?

Also - are Darryl and Carol a thing now, or were they just flirting? I couldn't tell.
    AJane likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

I thought she might be a zombie too and was like, wow that would be an interesting turn of events, having read books about intelligent zombies.

I think Harry Potter boy was just sick. I think in addition to him walking around, they might also have issues with others being sick.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Um, how come Hershel the veterinarian wasn't attending to Violet the sick pig? Or is he too busy sneaking up on Rick and delivering profound insights?

Other than that, I loved the premiere. Tons of action and tons of Darryl. Carol is turning badass, I see - I liked her box 'o' knives at "story time". We also thought the black-haired woman was a zombie at first...but I guessed first that her husband really was one (have been playing too much Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare, I guess). That was a weird bit, though, and I'm not sure what relevance it's supposed to have.

What kind of virus kills pigs and teenagers? Very strange...and I wonder who is going to be a casualty of Patrick/Harry Potter. (Animals don't "turn", correct? I might be getting mixed up with video games again.)
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I also thought the woman (and her husband or whoever) was laying a trap and they were actually cannibals. I think cannibals show up in the comic. I guess they could still be of a cannibal group.

When Violet the pig got sick, I was thinking she would get up as a walker. I know animals don't turn, but I've read several books where they do.

It's probably nothing (and it doesn't explain the pig), but....

Patrick looked perfectly healthy at the beginning of the episode. Then he shook hands with Daryl after Daryl licked his fingers. Soon after, he started getting sick. Weird coincidence? Probably. Loony conspiracy theory and a sign I watch this show too much? Possibly. It's something that struck me when I watched the episode again, knowing what happened at the end.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I didn't even think about that, Crit. They did make a point of saying how Darryl was the hunter/provider of critters to eat, so if the local animals have some kind of creeping crud it stands to reason that Darryl might pick it up...

Okay, I don't like that theory. If anything happens to Darryl I'll be highly upset.
    JavaJo likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

were those ninja blenders on the store shelves? I just wanna know who stocked them so nice and neat??? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I didn't even think about that, Crit. They did make a point of saying how Darryl was the hunter/provider of critters to eat, so if the local animals have some kind of creeping crud it stands to reason that Darryl might pick it up...

Okay, I don't like that theory. If anything happens to Darryl I'll be highly upset.
    Add me to the looking more into it group. Wasn't that animal Rick stumbled upon a wild boar? And isn't that a type of wild pig?

This interview with executive producer Robert Kirkman might explain the dead pig and the death at the end.
    'Walking Dead': Robert Kirkman talks season premiere | Inside TV | EW.com

Say what?? There's going to be a Walking Dead spin off show??? I can't even begin to image how that would work.

So glad the show is back! Love the playful banter between Daryl and Carol. Beth sure has gotten cold, but I suppose at some point after losing so many people, that's going to happen. That woman in the woods was creepy! I didn't see that coming, her killing herself. I was surprised that Rick just left them both there. They didn't show him knife her in the head or anything. Oh well, its not like the show lacks for gore anyway lol. Can't wait for the next episode! I am taping Talking Dead too this season. I kinda wish I had been all along.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread