+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 118 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797 ... LastLast
Like Tree720Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Loved all the craziness of last night's episode, but biggest (and best) creep-factor was Carl shooting that guy's kid. I'm guessing from Rick's reaction that he's now re-thinking all the calculating, cold decisions Carl has seen him make - I'm thinking specifically of Tyrese's group's ouster from the prison, which Carl objected to. Guess the sheriff is reaping what he sowed.
    Someone mentioned on Talking Dead that it felt like Rick was trying to give Carl back a sense of community - and humanity - by bringing all the Woodbury people. He saw what his isolationism did to his son.

Didn't quite get why Rick didn't scoop up all those weapons the Governor and remaining henchmen left behind - unless we're to assume he did at some point - and why everyone didn't opt to relocate to Woodbury, which has to be more comfortable than the prison.
    I think they probably did take the weapons. There was a big pile of stuff covered with a tarp in the back of the pickup. I figured it was either supplies or weapons.

I wish the Governor hadn't killed all the young (fighting age) men. Chris Hardwick joked on TD last night that the youngest person coming off that bus was like eleventy one years old. Will the larger numbers end up being more of a drain on their resources without any benefit to their defense?

I think they opted for the prison because, once they rebuild the fences and get the walkers out - which they can do with more people to help - it's more secure than Woodbury. Plus, if the Governor comes back, he knows Woodbury really well so he could launch a surprise attack pretty easily. Not so much with the prison.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

LOL about Andrea and the pliers. I was saying the same things... stop talking to Milton and pick up the dang pliers!

Carl is getting colder but, he did makes some really good points to Rick. If Rick had killed those people that he mentioned instead of letting them live, those people wouldn't have been able to kill off some of the original survivors. I did gasp though when Carl shot that kid anyway. I guess you have to take everything into consideration though - just look at how he's had to grow up. It's not like he's going to be unaffected by the things he's seen and done. I preferred him being the voice of reason though, to Rick's crazy after Lori died.

I was wondering about all those old people too that got off the bus lol. They will be a strain to their resources. But they could also be an asset in farming and whatnot. I so hate that the season is already over! Is it October yet??
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fanatic

I think they intentionally wanted to have viewers frustrated with Andrea. I believe she was a popular character and it kind of made it feel that her hesitancy is the reason she is dead (and it was). Maybe less of a
    blow for Andrea fans?

Gotta side with Carl on this one. That kid with the gun was not putting it down. To me, considering everything the group has been through, I would also percieve that as a hostile, aggressive threat.

I see they very nicely left the governor alive. that he isn't dead by the hand of someone else after he slaughtered all of those people makes absolutely no sense to me.

OK... so... anyone reading the comic books? Do they stay at the prison next season?

I don't want to know! I don't read them and I don't want to know the story before I see it on my screen. Please don't tell on this forum lol =D
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

My horror book club was discussing zombies and one member said she thought Carl told Rick (after shooting the kid) about not shooting the zombie who killed Dale and, this is what she heard Carl say "Andrew killed mom".... we think it was "and you" not Andrew. I told them I would ask here as you all know all!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Carl says, "You didn't kill Andrew. And he came back and killed mom."
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf View Post
    Carl says, "You didn't kill Andrew. And he came back and killed mom."
    Who was Andrew?

Andrew was the prisoner that Rick locked out into the courtyard full of zombies - he was sketchy and couldn't be trusted.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Andrew was the prisoner that Rick locked out into the courtyard full of zombies - he was sketchy and couldn't be trusted.
    Okay, I get who he was, but he didn't technically kill Lori. I mean Carl shot his mother who died giving birth. I guess in a roundabout way he kind of did. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread