+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 113 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595 ... LastLast
Like Tree672Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Poor Daryl. He should have taken the now awesome dead eye Carl with him.

Glen and Maggie's engagement is sweet and all, but I totally flashed on Beetlejuice when Glen got the ring. I half expected it to still be on the finger when Glen gave it to her.

Damn you, Merle. I spent three seasons not liking you and you go and change it all up on me at the end! Michael Rooker did a fantastic job last night, as did Norman Reedus. Poor Daryl had me tearing up for him. Loved Merle's zombie pied piper thing with the car, giving the walker a swig from the bottle (), and his talk with Michonne before booting her out of the car.

But Glenn. He couldn't get down on one knee at least?
    lilcountriegal likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

So many things I liked about last nights episode. Merle's redemption, the scenes between him and Michonne, Rick not wanting to betray Michonne, Herschels smile when Glenn asked for Maggie's hand, Daryl.... a very moving episode.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

The Walking Dead (AMC)

Merle definitely stole the show last night. I'm sorry he's gone. I was a little confused about his thought process, though. When he was goading Rick about how to "capture" Michonne, I thought he was against the deal. Then I figured he thought he'd bring her to the Governor himself to try to re-ingratiate himself with the Woodbury crowd and save himself & Darryl. Then he released her and went on a (admittedly awesome) shooting rampage against them.

Michonne spoke more lines this epi than all the rest of her appearances put together. I realized I barely knew what her voice sounded like.
    cablejockey and waywyrd like this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Hate, hate HATE the fact that I was starting to like Merle and they killed him off. Knew it was coming, but it still didnt prepare me.

Michonne... I was indifferent to her before last night, now I'm starting to really like her. I cant decide if Merle had every intention of taking her to the Governor (or at least using her to draw him out to kill him) and the talk in the car changed his mind, or if he had every intention of taking her away from the prison so RICK couldnt take her.

Quote Originally Posted by lilcountriegal View Post
    Hate, hate HATE the fact that I was starting to like Merle and they killed him off. Knew it was coming, but it still didnt prepare me.

Michonne... I was indifferent to her before last night, now I'm starting to really like her. I cant decide if Merle had every intention of taking her to the Governor (or at least using her to draw him out to kill him) and the talk in the car changed his mind, or if he had every intention of taking her away from the prison so RICK couldnt take her.
    I don't know for sure either. And like you, I started to like him.... darn.
    football_chick likes this.

Interesting from AMC with video describing last night's show with the actors talking about their roles. Just blows me away when Rick talks in his normal English accented voice!

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    Interesting from AMC with video describing last night's show with the actors talking about their roles. Just blows me away when Rick talks in his normal English accented voice!
    Morgan (Lennie James) too. Both of them do such a great job, it just jolts you when you hear their normal voices. Now, poor David Morrissey.... he isn't quite so successful.

This show just keeps getting better and better! Nothing I can say that hasn't already been said, but I have to say it anyway! Loved Merle's redemption! When Daryl found him turned, his reaction, brought me to tears. Norman Reedus continues to be amazing in this role. I love how Rick told everyone the plan ending with... "I am not your Govenor". I liked Glen and Maggie's engagement, how Glen went to Herschel first. So good this show!! Andrea, oh my! How is she going to get out of this one? I think Morgan might be the one that rescues her (if she gets rescued). I am so going to miss this show when the season is done ugh!
    libgirl2 likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Sometimes I love this show, sometimes it drives me bonkers. They make really odd decisions at times which baffles me...like the killing off of Merle. I know it was dramatic and blah blah blah but his character just became more interesting and Michael Rooker was one of the best actors on the show (they don't have many GREAT actors so when you kill one off its not the brightest of moves) so it seems like such a waste.

The premise of TWD, that of exploring the living instead of just watching zombie kills, is really fascinating and they could really bring in some of the best actors and writers in tv to work on this project based on the popularity of the series. I often see some pretty intense vitriol from previous directors, showrunners, managers, actors, etc... who were with TWD and let-go because of differences with the network and it makes me wonder where this show could go if AMC relaxed the strings a little (much like FX who lets the Sons of Anarchy guy do whatever he wants...and if you want an interesting read about how the showrunner of the Sons and some other top producers feel like AMC is stifling such a great story there are pieces all over the internet). Anyhow, it just seems like lately I always leave this show wishing they had done a little bit more.

At the end of the day its still better than 90% of the garbage on tv and with Game of Thrones approaching and Sons I suppose I should just grin and move on!
    cablejockey likes this.

+ Reply to Thread