+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 89 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Like Tree442Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Loved most of the episode last night, except Rick confiding in Herschel his conflicted feelings over whether or not to turn over Michonne. With him formerly in law enforcement he should know better to accept a crazy fool's word on anything - especially since that fool (governor) has already tried to kill them. Of course Rick will end up fighting, but even the fact that he's thinking about doing anything else is worrisome. He does appear to be more rational now though. Thought when the governor mentioned getting the phone message from his wife to call her that Rick was going to jump out of his skin - way too close to what Rick experienced with HIS wife. Maybe that's supposed to show that these guys have a bit more in common than you would think at first glance.

Does anyone have any idea just how closely the series is following the comics storylines?
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

This show makes me so angry, after all, they have a great premise and opportunity for awesomeness but they eat it all way with dumb storylines and even dumber actions. First of all, in an apocalypse you don't waste time and lives killing other humans; therefore the easiest, safest and most beneficial thing to do would be to hit the road and SAVE all those lives. Two, Rick knows everything about the "Governor"--and it is absoluterly verified info from people he trusts (not just Merle)--yet he sits there and lets hime walk away knowing he is a psycho? Simple solution sitting right in front of him when the other outcome is GOING TO WAR WHERE PEOPLE WILL DIE, even if it momentarily put Daryl/Herschel at risk outside...Rick could have killed the Governor in a number of ways and gotten out of the situation. Third, are we really expected to believe they just went to meet with the guy who released a van full of zombies in the prison and tried to kill them all with machine guns...really? I don't care if Andrea was the one to set it up or not--these folks are just not that dumb.

I understand that these actions would have ended this so called epic plot mid-season but at some point you have to respect your audience and your characters and treat them with a shred of dignity, otherwise this is just another show about a bunch of morons who are filmed for being stupid (and we already have reality tv for that, thanks).
    cablejockey likes this.

I think, in all honesty, the thought would cross anyone's mind about turning someone over. Remember his son is one of those who will fight and could die, his infant daughter could die.... but I don't think he will even attempt it. Maybe as part of a trick? And I am so glad it looks like Tyrese is wising up! Maybe he will save the day for Rick and the others? And I think Rick knew full well that the Governor had a weapon ready to shoot and that his minions would have killed Daryl and Herschel.

I loved the zombie bashing bonding! Loved that Andrea was told to leave! It was kind of like a "go get us some coffee" moment. Glenn and Maggie finally back to being themselves! I was getting tired of grouchy Glenn.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Am I the only one that was certain something bad would happen when Glenn and Maggie were together? There are so little tender moments in this show that I thought it was a set up for something bad. Glad I was wrong though!
    I don't see how Andrea will have a role post Rick-Governor confrontation. I'm thinking she might die a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
    Am I the only one that was certain something bad would happen when Glenn and Maggie were together? There are so little tender moments in this show that I thought it was a set up for something bad. Glad I was wrong though!
    I don't see how Andrea will have a role post Rick-Governor confrontation. I'm thinking she might die a hero.
    I did too! In most horror movies as soon as someone has sex, they are marked for death. So of course I thought that some zombie would wander by while they were preoccupied.

I thought something bad was going to happen too! I figured since no one was out watching, something bad was bound to happen. I too, was glad to be wrong.

I can't see Rick giving Michonne up. He knows the Gov is going to try to kill them all regardless. I believe he will use this as some sort of rouse to get the Gov.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
    I think she will die trying to kill the Governor.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    I did too! In most horror movies as soon as someone has sex, they are marked for death. So of course I thought that some zombie would wander by while they were preoccupied.
    Totally. It's like a rule in horror movies. The only reason I figured they were safe is that they're not teenagers. Usually, it's the over-sexed teenagers who get an axe to the head.

There's going to be a point when zombies figure out how to get through those gates. They figured out how to get the rat cage open in the last episode. It's only a matter of time.
    cablejockey likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I think she will die trying to kill the Governor.
    Heh...I told my husband just before we watched this episode that I think this is Andrea's last season. Maybe it's just me, but I've lost all interest in her character. As far as I'm concerned, Glenn can go as well. I would prefer to keep Milton, the Governor's advisor. As a character, he's potentially very useful and he may be coming to a point where he could be convinced to change sides. Also, he's an oddball in that he brings something different to the mix - he's the one character who's not interested in simply gunning down the walkers.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Heh...I told my husband just before we watched this episode that I think this is Andrea's last season. Maybe it's just me, but I've lost all interest in her character. As far as I'm concerned, Glenn can go as well. I would prefer to keep Milton, the Governor's advisor. As a character, he's potentially very useful and he may be coming to a point where he could be convinced to change sides. Also, he's an oddball in that he brings something different to the mix - he's the one character who's not interested in simply gunning down the walkers.
    I've been re-watching season 2 to catch all the little things I missed before. And I realized that Andrea's character has never really been likeable - right before she was learning how to shoot she just HAD to take out what she thought was a walker (Darryl after his tumbles into the creek) even though EVERYONE was telling her to stop. This is an arrogant woman who ultimately only is thinking about her own pleasure in killing walkers, and her own comfort in the new world order. She can definitely go anytime. Just because you learned how to shoot well doesn't mean you have to be a douchebag.
    Duckyface likes this.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

+ Reply to Thread