+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 95 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191 ... LastLast
Like Tree490Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Darryl, Michonne, & Carl are my favourite characters so I was quite pleased with last night. One thing - I didn't realize they were so close to Rick & Carl's home. Why wait this long to go back, if for no other reason than to check on Morgan & Duane? If memory serves, Rick asked them to come with him when he left & Morgan refused. Also, wouldn't he wonder if there was a possibility anyone else he knew might have returned or had been hiding out?
    An interview I read with Robert Kirkman, he said that he always imagined the prison as being to the south of Atlanta and King County as being to the north and that it was likely a 4 or 5 hour drive.

I just figured they had other, more pressing things to do....that and it made more sense, narratively, for Rick to see Morgan now.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    I see that a perfect stranger could be a liabilty, but still, they could have thrown him a gun or something to protect himself. It looks as if there is going to be no happy endings in this show.
    It was disturbing... they didn't even slow down. As they mentioned on TD, they are dead themselves... dead form feelings, cold. Like when Morgan told Carl not to be sorry for shooting him. Its a whole new world out there and he who hesitates etc.. won't survive.
    cablejockey likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    It was disturbing... they didn't even slow down. As they mentioned on TD, they are dead themselves... dead form feelings, cold. Like when Morgan told Carl not to be sorry for shooting him. Its a whole new world out there and he who hesitates etc.. won't survive.
    Exactly! I think it was meant to show how far they'd moved away from who they were at the beginning of the series.

Really, why would they give up one of the guns they fought hard for to a total stranger? It wouldn't make any sense. Plus, all a gun would do is alert more walkers that he couldn't fight off with one gun.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    An interview I read with Robert Kirkman, he said that he always imagined the prison as being to the south of Atlanta and King County as being to the north and that it was likely a 4 or 5 hour drive.

I just figured they had other, more pressing things to do....that and it made more sense, narratively, for Rick to see Morgan now.
    Okay, if it was a 4 to 5 hour drive, wouldn't it have made sense for Rick to try out some other towns/counties nearer and go to their police stations or sheriff's departments on the chance that there would be guns and ammo left? I was wondering if "King County" was really that far away too - in the first season when Rick gave the walkie talkie to Morgan with instructions to listen for radio traffic every morning at a certain time, he said the walkies were both from the sheriff's department. Once you get 4 to 5 hours away from the base unit/repeater station set up for that county, you wouldn't have been able to pick up radio traffic between the two walkies. And it didn't take Rick that long to get to Atlanta once he left his town. Yeah, I know, minor details but things that can make you go....hmmm....
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

It's a show about the zombie apocalypse. I'm not going to get bogged down worrying about the feasibility of various distances and travel times

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    It's a show about the zombie apocalypse. I'm not going to get bogged down worrying about the feasibility of various distances and travel times

I guess I notice it more since I live right below Atlanta and they film the majority of the program within 20 miles of here. And I work in the criminal justice system so the mechanics of Rick's actions stick out just a bit more. But, you are absolutely correct Critical - it's just a television series about a freaking nightmare. Not supposed to make sense!
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Loved last night's episode. Loved the Rick/Governor staredown, the zombie-bashing male bonding with Daryl, Maggie and Glenn getting back together, and stupid Andrea's embarrassment as she was booted out of the meeting. Who appointed her mediator, anyway? Though from the sneak peek shown on Talking Dead, she
    Click to see Spoiler:
    finally wakes up and goes after the Governor. About damn time she saw the light.

Anyone think Rick will give Michonne up? I don't think he will...
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Rick has me so confused! I was shocked and pleased when he told everyone back at the prison that the only answer is going after the Gov or he will kill them! I thought Rick was so perceptive to not believe anything the Governor said. But with Hershel he told the truth and you can see he thinks his only option is to hand over Michonne! He really thinks that this will save lives--he turned his back on what should have been his real reaction, which is to go after the leader of the town. As we saw, the Governor is planning on killing Rick and his people, and keeping Michonne alive for God knows what punishments, so Rick is doomed if he entertains any kind of deal.
    Andrea is in a bad place. I think she finally realizes that neither side wants her or trusts her. What was she before the plague? She comes off as someone used to being in control and telling people what to do.

I think I remember reading on this forum that she was a human rights attorney.
    cablejockey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG View Post
    I think I remember reading on this forum that she was a human rights attorney.
    I remember seeing an interview with Laurie Holden and she mentioned Andrea's career "before."

I have to believe that Rick doesn't really mean to give Michonne over to the Governor. My feeling is that they might act like that's what will happen, but only to fool the Governor. I also think Andrea is going to play an important part since she now seems to have finally woken up and gotten a clue.

I can't imagine that this war won't result in some casualties and I can't think of one person from the prison group that I wouldn't be so sad to see go. Maybe Beth, since she never does much, but it would be such a blow to Hershel and Maggie that I wouldn't want her to die. They've all already lost so much.

Really hoping Tyrese comes to his senses and turns on the Governor.
    cablejockey likes this.

+ Reply to Thread