+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 89 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Like Tree445Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

I totally get why she didn't, but that doesn't mean I wish she hadn't lol. I actually closed my eyes during the part because I thought she was going to go through with it. I am sure there will be some kind of big confrontation between Rick and Phillip soon enough. I am just glad Rick is finally getting his sanity back.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

As someone said on Talking Dead The Governor wasn't going to go out like that - being killed in his sleep. He's going to go out fighting, with someone shooting him smack in the middle of his forehead.

Kind of a slow episode this week, but I'm really looking forward to next week!
    waywyrd and mesachick like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Next week looks great.

I tried doing those yoga plank pose/push-ups that Michonne was doing...ouch. Must work out more!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

We finally caught up and I'm so glad it's back on! Am not a fan of crazy Rick so I'm hoping that storyline moves quickly. Am SO glad Daryl is back, even if it's with Merle, but Merle is good for comic relief sometimes (when I don't want to strangle him!) and I had a good chuckle seeing him locked in his cell.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

So there wasn't much forward movement with the over arching plot tonight, but I loved this episode. Finding out what happened to Morgan after all this time, Michonne and Carl bonding, Michonne and Rick bonding....it was a great job even if there was no one else involved in the episode.

I felt bad for Morgan, Rick should have put him out of his misery. And I didnt understand why they didnt pick up that hitchiker. Pretty callous for them to pick up his knapsack lying on the road after he was dead. When you have all these zombies after you, why dont the healthy people band together more instead of fighting each other?

This was one of the best episodes of the season, if not of the series for me. A lot of that had to do with the amazing Lennie James. Damn he's good! That speech to Rick about what had happened to him just blew me away. I'd love for him to be a regular cast member because he's such a great actor. I just don't think Morgan is cut out for "community living" any more. I do hope that seeing what happened to Morgan will bring Rick back from the brink. He seems to at least be more aware of himself and the members of the group.

I loved seeing a softer side of Michonne too. She's sort of a superhero - she scaled that building in like 30 seconds and grabbed the picture from inside the bar full of walkers in less than a minute!

It's become a weekly ritual for me to watch the show, followed by Talking Dead and then I watch the episode again because they bring up so many good points on TD.

ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    And I didnt understand why they didnt pick up that hitchiker. Pretty callous for them to pick up his knapsack lying on the road after he was dead. When you have all these zombies after you, why dont the healthy people band together more instead of fighting each other?
    Because that's one more person to worry about. They have no idea if that person would make the mistake that could get them all killed. I see it more as being cautious than callous. They can't afford to bring anyone into the group that they haven't "vetted." Maybe in the beginning they would have, but they've been through too much to take risks like that. Obviously, that guy had learned nothing if he's running down the interstate screaming his head off. In that situation, I don't think I would have picked him up either. Odds are, he would have been a liability. They already have too many of those, including a baby and a senior citizen with one leg!
    Last edited by Critical; 03-04-2013 at 09:10 AM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I can understand leaving the hitchhiker, as heartless as it was. They just can't take a chance with strangers and endanger the group. Poor guy, though!

I agree it was en excellent episode. Not action-packed, but well acted and emotional. Loved seeing Morgan again (even though he's gone off the deep end) and Michonne's softer side. Hopefully Rick and crew will be more accepting of her now.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

The Walking Dead (AMC)

Darryl, Michonne, & Carl are my favourite characters so I was quite pleased with last night. One thing - I didn't realize they were so close to Rick & Carl's home. Why wait this long to go back, if for no other reason than to check on Morgan & Duane? If memory serves, Rick asked them to come with him when he left & Morgan refused. Also, wouldn't he wonder if there was a possibility anyone else he knew might have returned or had been hiding out?
    cablejockey likes this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I see that a perfect stranger could be a liabilty, but still, they could have thrown him a gun or something to protect himself. It looks as if there is going to be no happy endings in this show.

+ Reply to Thread