+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 94 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546474888 ... LastLast
Like Tree490Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    Wow, the last 10 to 15 minutes was just crazy! My one quibble is that the prison group can accurately shoot zombies far better than they can shoot live people.
    To be fair, zombies are more mindless and will continue walking towards you with a gun at their face, live people either duck or take cover and fire back forcing you to take cover and duck. lol

Good episode, I love this show so much.
    football_chick likes this.

Daryl! Nice to see that his conscience is winning out over Merle. I can't wait to see what happens with that dynamic moving forward. I have to think that Merle probably either a) won't be with the prison group for long or B) won't live much longer.

Once again, watching Talking Dead afterwards makes me want to watch the episode again. Plus, this week - Joe Manganiello He is beyond hot. Plus, he's smart AND funny. He needs to be on every show.

Someone needs to construct a flame thrower so they can clear those walkers quick and get the fence repaired!

Poor Axel. And he didn't even have a red shirt on......
    wannasee likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Does the 'Governor' think he is immune to bullets? He just stood there firing and didn't come close to getting shot!

I actually hollered out YAY when Daryl told Merle about himself in the woods and headed back to the prison. Of course, Merle scampered on right behind him.

Poor Axel. I was really starting to like him. I thought for a minute the walkers were going to get to Herschel...Rick really needs to come back from la-la land, traipsing in the woods hunting down visions of Lori is just too much. And he KNOWS the visions aren't real.

Joe Manganiello on Talking Dead was a nice bonus.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Finally caught up with the last two episodes. Hmmm... not sure how I am feeling about stuff.

Rick needs to stop being looney over Lori. I think his guilt over not being there when the baby was born and her ultimate death is what is haunting him. I am glad though, that he scared those folks off from the prison LOL. Tyrese and the girl (don't know her name) were cool enough, but I am sure if Herschel realized the other two guys were ready to take down Carl and Carol he'd have had them out on their collective asses as well.

Love that Daryl is back with the group! He belongs with them, not Merle. Should be interesting what happens next. I assume that the Gov let loose the walkers so that they would have to spend more ammo? Wasn't really sure other than that. I agree, Andrea is messed up right now! She must be figuring out that the Gov is going after her *friends*. Maybe she'll play a big part in foiling his plan. Maybe she'll end up killing him in the end. I could see that happening. Can't wait for the next episode!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Poor Axel. And he didn't even have a red shirt on......
    OMGosh, are you IN MY BRAIN Crit!? I actually made this comment to my son during the show!!!
    Critical likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess View Post
    To be fair, zombies are more mindless and will continue walking towards you with a gun at their face, live people either duck or take cover and fire back forcing you to take cover and duck. lol.
    Except for the governor, who neither ducks nor takes cover and yet amazingly is impervious to all projectiles flying around him!!

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    Does the 'Governor' think he is immune to bullets? He just stood there firing and didn't come close to getting shot!
    I'm such a nerd. When those bullets hit the car door right next to the Governor, I totally thought of that part in LOTR Return of the King when that huge chunk of stone is flung from the battlements of Minis Tirith and almost hits the orc commander, who barely moves even though it lands a few feet from him....and then he spits on it.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd
    Joe Manganiello on Talking Dead was a nice bonus.
    Not only is he pretty, but he's a total comic fanboy, so he actually brought a lot to the conversation. Every time I see him in an interview or just on a show as himself, my crush on him intensifies. As much as I love Askars, he's got nothing on Joe.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I was really disappointed that Axel was killed off. I liked his lame way of hitting on Carol. Now I remember him (Lew Temple) from Rob Zombie movies. The Governor's invasion of the prison was probably the best fight scene of the entire series. Count me in on being very impressed with the Governor's invisible bullet-repelling force field.

So Merle is starting to be the character I love to hate. He needs to stay on the show - actually, I think he may be what's been missing since Shane's murder. Rick's group needs that disruptive influence to keep things interesting.

Talking Dead...so, let me get this straight. Joe Manganiello is not only gorgeous and possessing the best physique of any man, like, ever - he's also funny, intelligent and likes zombie comic books? He's not real.
    football_chick likes this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

This episode was about 1 million times better but thats because it featured Darryl and Merle--both fantastic actors who bring a lot of conflict and depth to the story.

I hate Lori and the only way I can stomach her appearances is if they feature her dying...again.
    On that note, we were discussing how ridiculous the whole ghost storyline is, well, because ghosts arent real and then it dawned on me: maybe we are being a bit tough on the Caspers, after all, there are freaking ZOMBIES running around the joint.

+ Reply to Thread