+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 94 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839404142434445464787 ... LastLast
Like Tree490Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

not a big fan of the Lori ghost please stop with that....

interesting turn of events for everyone....from Woodbury to the people that were chased out of the prison....I could see that getting nasty to be honest -- and now that guy that wanted to overtake the prison will make sure they do...don't know if it will happen or not but that is my gut feeling.

Daryl and Meryl -- as long as they stay away from the prison they have the best chance of survival...LOL

I liked the line that guy had about "the woman and the kid"... if only he knew. I also liked Carol's insight as to why Daryl left. I had not thought of it that way, but it makes sense. Abuse is abuse.
    waywyrd likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;46084[B
    [/B]77]I liked the line that guy had about "the woman and the kid"... if only he knew. I also liked Carol's insight as to why Daryl left. I had not thought of it that way, but it makes sense. Abuse is abuse.
    I loved Kevin Smith laughing about that on Talking Dead. He said something like, "Dude, you don't even know. That kid killed his MOM!" He also referred to Carl as "Wyatt Twerp," which is freaking hilarious.

I find that, after I watch everyone geek out about the episode on Talking Dead, I want to watch the WD episode again!
    Kocky_Kamikaze, Duxxy and libgirl2 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I just tune in from time to time when there's nothing else on and find it hilarious at how every single time, the show displays perfectly just what a terrible leader Rick is, and he's certainly going well on the way to becoming the boorish, irredeemable psycho he's become in the comics. I also see in display how unbelievably stupid Andrea has become, and how obnoxious Carl still is. I also wish he'd lose the stupid hat, but he's never had in the comics (where the hat keeps getting bigger and bigger) and I doubt he'll lose it here. I find my main problem with this show is all the stupidity I see in the characters, brought pon by bad writing.

I don't think Carl is nearly obnoxious as he was prior to offing Lori, but I absolutely agree about Andrea's stupidity. God, woman, what does the Governor have to do to make you wake the hell up? She's out there making pretty speeches and calming the townfolk/prisoners...I'd be looking for weapons to steal and a crack I could slip out of to leave that loony bin.

I hope Daryl doesn't stay gone long. Hopefully Merle's douchbaggery will get to him and he'll go back to the group. I loathe Merle. The guy playing him does a fine job of being an unlikable pig.
    mindy384 likes this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I don't find Carl annoying. Frankly, I didn't find Lori annoying either.

I think the show is realistic because people don't do the smart thing all the time. Sometimes, people do stupid stuff out of fear or just not being able to see the big picture. I still find it frustrating, but I think I'd be annoyed if everyone made the right decision every time.
    lilcountriegal likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm all about new guy Tyrese. He needs to be the new leader. My comic-book fanguy says Tyrese is a big player in the series, so fingers crossed that stays true for the show. Now I guess we just wait for the Governor to go to the prison?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I'm all about new guy Tyrese. He needs to be the new leader. My comic-book fanguy says Tyrese is a big player in the series, so fingers crossed that stays true for the show. Now I guess we just wait for the Governor to go to the prison?
    Tyrese wasindeed one of the main guys in the comics. He was different from what we've seen here, though. In the comics, he was a retired big-time football player, and the group ran into him at night while traveling, along with his teenage daughter Julie and her boyfriend Chris, and as we've seen, those two are not in the series.

The other's we've seen in his group, Allen, Ben and Donna. In the comics, Allen and Donna were a married couple, both of them chubby and with the original group of survivors, alongside their twin children, Billy and Ben, who were around Carl's age, perhaps a little younger. From what we see, they changed a lot from comic to show and Billy is not on the show.

As for Sasha, she never appeared in the comics either. Seeing how this show deals with more than one African-American person in the cast, I fear she won't last long.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post

As for Sasha, she never appeared in the comics either. Seeing how this show deals with more than one African-American person in the cast, I fear she won't last long.
    WHOA WHOA...you act like this is unexpected, surely you understand that tv shows can only have one black actor at a time and everyone else must die or disappear per the unspoken rules, sheesh.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Wow, the last 10 to 15 minutes was just crazy! My one quibble is that the prison group can accurately shoot zombies far better than they can shoot live people.
    cantstopwatchin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread