+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 94 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243444585 ... LastLast
Like Tree488Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Still playing catch up on the second part of season 2 and watched episode 8 "Nebraska", episode 9 "Trigger Finger", episode 10 "18 Miles Out". I do have a hard time watching this show because I do think it moves rather slowly. I also get fed up with characters like Lori who are almost manic in trying to keep things normal. I also did not like how Lori when after Andrea for being lazy, for not sharing her load because she didn't do her turn at laundry duty. I do think it is unfair that none of the men are never seen doing the laundry or other household chores. I also think the rest of the women are completely stupid not learning to defend themselves. Then there is Maggie's sister and her depression and attempted suicide. I do agree with Andrea that in this new day and age you cannot coddle the survivors too much because that can hurt the survival of the group. I also like how Andrea lashed out at Lori for having everything while the others have lost their families and yet Lori seems to feel she can also lay down the law and be morally judgmental.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

It starts to pick up soon. Season 2 was kind of slow. But Season 3 is anything but slow. Hang in there, it's definitely worth it!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    It starts to pick up soon. Season 2 was kind of slow. But Season 3 is anything but slow. Hang in there, it's definitely worth it!
    Thanks for the note of encouragement. Everyone raves about this series but I am not really feeling the luv that much. I just finished episode 11 "Judge, Jury, Executioner". While it is noteworthy that the writers are using this episode to debate the question of civilization vs total chaos and mayhem over what to do with the prisoner I must point out that while Dale has a point sometimes only the wealthy, at peace civilizations can take the time to be compassionate and relax enough to ponder what to do about Randall the Prisoner. Common sense dictates that survival of the group is more important then survival of an individual who is not part of the group especially in a hostile environment. The group cannot go back to civilization it can only go forward. Even a 100 years ago in the Old West there was raw justice. People had to band together and deal out justice other wise there would be no civilization or rule of law just gangs ruled by mob mentally as illustrated by Randall's story of the group rape of the two pre teen girls as their father was forced to watch. It is also unlikely that the mob left those 3 people alive. I know folks like Lori and Dale stand for civilization but civilization must adapt to the current situation not what was. Sometimes common sense is totally lacking in characters such as Lori, Dale and lets not forget that little s*it Carl. What's with going from being a scared little boy to insulting Carol by calling her "an idiot", from stealing Darryl's gun and fto teasing a walker. I kept hoping this kid would become someone's dinner. Children do adapt very quickly to circumstances and I think have a much more basic understanding of survival and what needs to be done, they are closer to their "survival instinct" then those of us who have been submerged in civilization for all of our adult life's. I do see a totally unlikeable combination of Lori and Shane in Carl and it is very distasteful. You can see the look of disdain on his face when he sees he father cannot execute the prisoner Randall. Carl sees his father as weak.

I am part way through episode 12 "Better Angels" and I am glad Rick is finally dealing with the psychotic Shane. Daryl maybe a brutal killer but at least he is reliable and you can trust him at your back; Shane not so much. I am glad that the pace is starting to pick up you can feel it. Still was it really that smart of Lori to talk to Shane and remind him of what they had. Isn't that torturing the guy instead of having a clean break. In one sense it was nice to see the two together and to see the relationship they had but was it really necessary to tear open the wound Shane has as far as his emotions toward Lori and Carl in that fashion just when it looked as if he was putting them away? Anyway back to the tube to watch the rest.

Yeah, just finished the season 2 finale "Beside the Dying Fire". I must say I am a bit surprised that no one had a prepared bug out bag. I have been watching Doomsday Preppers and all those folks have a bug out plan, stored caches and a bug out bag. One would think considering the situation these folks are in they would have a meet me point A and a meet me point B just in case of a scenario that happened in the finale and a way of leaving messages to each other.

I do agree with Chris Hardwick of Talking Dead what is with Lori flip flopping the way she does. A one point only about 2 episodes ago she is basically telling her hubby that her ex lover may need to be put down and when Shane's second or is it third attempt to murder Rick foiled and he end up dead she gets all put out with dear hubby. Make up your mind.

Then there is that stupid scene were everyone hears a noise and decides that they all need to leave in the dark going any which way with out a plan, with out supplies because they are scared. Sometimes I think they should do the audience a favor and all get eaten.

Started watching episode 1 of season 3. Liked seeing the group coordinated and alert. Caught the scene with Lori worrying that the baby is still born...that woman gets me...worries about everything...please just suck it up.

Season 3 has been incredible so far, you'll enjoy it much more than season 2. I can't wait for it to start up again!
    cantstopwatchin and mesachick like this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Finished season 3 episode 1 and am taping ep 2 and ep 3. I find it is not a good idea to eat my supper while watching the group hack its way into the prison and then Herschel's amputation. Best part of the season so far is that the pace seems to have picked up tremendously. The way I am going I should be all caught up by the time the season resumes.

Finished season 3 episode 2 and 3. mmm....well the governor is one sick puppy.

All I can think of please, please, please do not name that baby Lori.

Done with episode 4,5,6 and 7.

Comments:

- While season 2 was super slo mo season 3 is definitely super fast forward.
    - Luv'd that Glenn stood up to Merle. Glenn is one of those quiet ones who does what he has to do and is showing that he can be relied upon.
    - I wonder how many folks the Governor has killed? Is the term Governor supposed to be related anyway to that most famous of Californian Governors?
    - I wonder how the Governor will react when he finds out that Rick's group consists of a crippled old man, a young boy, an infant, a woman who had been pregnant (now dead) and others like Carol and Beth that he has relegated to kitchen duty yet cleaned out a prison.

Season 3 will be 16 episodes long so that means 8 more episodes starting February 10.
    cablejockey likes this.

+ Reply to Thread