+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 94 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142434484 ... LastLast
Like Tree488Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I'm really warming to Carl. I find alot of Lori in him, the good stuff, and he is not the pain kid he was.
    There's no "where's carl?!?!?!?!" this season
    beerbelly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    There's no "where's carl?!?!?!?!" this season
    Nope... he's out there shooting walkers now.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Well, I thought the scene between Michonne & the Governor stole the show last night. The slaying of Penny was brutal and intense, and the fight was more savage (and personal) than anything that we ever saw between Rick & Shane. And I didn't even smirk when my husband scoffed at Michonne for trying to fight the Governor because he was "so much bigger and stronger" than she is.

The new arrivals at the prison were only mildly interesting to me - I noticed, though, that their leader still hasn't killed their newly dead member, so I wonder if she'll turn before he does the deed. Now I'm just anxious to see if Daryl will make it out of Woodbury. Also, I didn't quite understand Rick's attitude towards Michonne after she had lead him to his kidnapped group members.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I just hate that we have to wait until February to find out what happens to Daryl! AJane, I think that the way Michonne disappeared and then Rick's group came under attack, they suspected she might have led them into a trap, even after they got Glen and Maggie. Back at the prison, I guess there were plenty of ways in, it was just their cellblock that was secure, but still was skeptical how the new group made it in so easily. Have heard some about their leader, so interested to see how that turns out. Very disappointed that Andrea was face to face with Michonne, saw what was going down in that room and still turned out at the "townhall" after. I thought for sure she'd hear all those screams of, "Rick, Rick!" and figure it out. When the Governor said that the traitor was in them, I hoped he was gonna pull Andrea out of the crowd. Didn't catch how/when they captured Daryl and knew before talking to Merle it was his brother.

Daryl seems to be the most popular character on this show, so I think they will work out a way for him to escape. Hopefully Merle won't be so lucky! Andrea is such a doofus right now, it is driving me crazy!!

In the past this show has felt sooooo slow to me. I really enjoyed the faster pace and ramped up tension in this last episode!

On a side note, I didn't watch this last episode until Monday night. On Monday morning I was scrolling through my Facebook feed and the Walking Dead page had updated their status to "Is there something in my eye?" I figured I would "get it" once I watched the episode. At the point in the show where the governor was crying over his dead zombie daughter with glass sticking out of his eye, this came back to me and I burst out laughing. My sons thought I had lost it!!
    waywyrd, libgirl2 and wannasee like this.

I agree, the show has really picked up this season. I have a co-worker who gave up last season as he said it was too slow, I told him that I was glad I hung on, because it is much improved.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Click to see Spoiler:
    In the previews they showed Dayrl(sp?) running in the woods.

Is it February yet? LOL
    I thought the last season was slow as well. I have been happy with this season so far. Especially since Lori is finally gone.

The folks at AMC and The Walking Dead are so smart...they are the only peeps that seem to actually listen and respond to their fans and I love them for it! Obviously, this could all just be a coincidence but they have fixed several issues that really irked the vocal fans:

1- Lori. Dead...as she should be. I think 90% of fans/viewers either despised her character or just found her exasperating. She needed to go.
    2- Carl. A) He's no longer just wandering off (which is basically all he did for 2 seasons). B) The craziness of a kid just wandering off in a zombie apocalypse: resolved. C) Actually contributing to the show in a positive way.
    3- Daryl! A favorite character on the show has moved up in the ranks and gets some great scenes. And, many folks don't know this but Daryl is not a comic character so they have built and incorporated him into the original scheme.
    4- Pace of the show. Finally, they aren't just all sitting around at the farm for a zillion years thinking they are safe when obviously a completely unfortified barn and house is NOT safe. So dumb !
    5- More villians and storylines in addition to just dealing with zombies. This keeps the show fresh and unpredictable.

I think/HOPE we are fine with Daryl...the comic book author (who writes the episodes for AMC and is basically THE GUY) has stated in many interviews that Daryl and Merle are exciting for him because they are new and represent an opportunity to expand and explore his original idea. It's pretty obvious he really enjoys writing for them and given Daryl's popularity and Norman's acting chops I hope that means he will be around for a long time!

I have really enjoyed this season so far too. I am really liking Carl now. He's been through so much and he is growing up on a fast curve now that's for sure. Lori being dead has definitely improved the show lol. Daryl is my favorite character right now too. I am thrilled that he isn't a character from the comics, so there isn't a set path he has to follow (like dying lol). I would not enjoy the show nearly as much with him gone. The last show was pretty intense. I am glad to see that Michonne got the best of the Governor. I just wish Andrea would get out from under his spell.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I had to post to say this show is so addictive!! And good!! I cant think of a show where the end of almost every episode is a cliffhanger. It's been making for some late nights here. DH and I have been watching every night for the last week and are halfway through the second season so we'll be ready for when it comes back on. I'm not going to read the comments yet until we catch up but I'm looking forward to reading them all when we do.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

+ Reply to Thread