+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 94 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080 ... LastLast
Like Tree490Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    On Talking Dead afterwards, Greg Nicotero (who directed the episode) said that's exactly what happened. They showed the blood trail from where Lori's body had been to where the walker dragged it to eat. There were strands of her hair in the walker's mouth. I know, right? UGH.
    I thought that was one fat-ass zombie. I didn't catch the hair (ugh is right) but was afraid Rick was going to gut it, looking for who knows what of Lori's. So....if they had no remains of Lori nor Carol, why did they dig three graves? Why not just make headstones/crosses?

I don't begrudge Rick his zombie rampage, but shoving Glenn around was stupid.

I adored Darryl this episode. He's such a softie at times. Was that Carol's grave he left the magnolia flower on?

And if I were Michonne, I would have left Andrea too. That place was a creepfest even before the MMA fights. Enjoy, Andrea!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I thought in the scenes for next week, they found Carol's knife... so maybe there is a possibility that she is still alive.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    We didn't notice the hair...but the scene made us laugh very inappropriately. So there was nothing to, um, bury in Lori's grave, and presumably nothing in Carol's either. I talked to the comic series fan again, and he had no intel on what Carol's fate actually is - he was just as confused as I was. I wouldn't let him tell me about the phone call...I'll wait till next week to be surprised.
    Chris Hardwick's reaction on Talking Dead when Nicotero talked about Lori's hair was just priceless. Total gross out. I love him.

I still have hope that Carol is alive.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I didn't catch the hair either so that is probably why I didn't quite get what Rick was doing.... the fat stomach really didn't tip me off. I see people like that all the time.

I also hope Carol is alive, I love her and Daryl together. She has humanized him so much since the first time we saw him.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I thought that was one fat-ass zombie. I didn't catch the hair (ugh is right) but was afraid Rick was going to gut it, looking for who knows what of Lori's.
    We were wondering if he was gonna open up the zombie's belly and start extracting Lori's body parts. Like when they find some unlucky surfer's leg in a shark's gut. Honestly, though, when he didn't, I wondered if somehow Lori wasn't dead. I mean, this show isn't exactly big on subtlety. I was a little unsure when they didn't show Carl firing the gun.

So now I'm thinking the reason the Governor's interest in Darryl was for pure entertainment value - he'd like him as one of his gladiators. (BTW, comic series fan says that the book fights were in a football field, and it was man vs. zombie - and the zombies didn't get their teeth pulled beforehand.)

I'm totally not convinced Carol is dead. I think maybe she might have run into another prisoner that they haven't found yet?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    So now I'm thinking the reason the Governor's interest in Darryl was for pure entertainment value - he'd like him as one of his gladiators. (BTW, comic series fan says that the book fights were in a football field, and it was man vs. zombie - and the zombies didn't get their teeth pulled beforehand.)

I'm totally not convinced Carol is dead. I think maybe she might have run into another prisoner that they haven't found yet?
    Now that would be gruesome! Keep their teeth. I like that!

I think Carol is hiding somewhere (at least I hope!)

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I thought that was one fat-ass zombie. I didn't catch the hair (ugh is right) but was afraid Rick was going to gut it, looking for who knows what of Lori's. So....if they had no remains of Lori nor Carol, why did they dig three graves? Why not just make headstones/crosses?
    I also completely missed the point that the zombie ate Lori. I thought the same thing about the graves, that seems like a LOT of unnecessary work. I also think Carol is still alive.

I have been listening to a podcast that is a zombie apocalypse story (We're Alive) and they focus quite a bit on how difficult it is to have access to safe water and food. We never really see this as a big concern with this group, but now it has started to bug me!
    waywyrd and libgirl2 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I also completely missed the point that the zombie ate Lori. I thought the same thing about the graves, that seems like a LOT of unnecessary work. I also think Carol is still alive.

I have been listening to a podcast that is a zombie apocalypse story (We're Alive) and they focus quite a bit on how difficult it is to have access to safe water and food. We never really see this as a big concern with this group, but now it has started to bug me!
    Water hasn't really been brought up but food as. That is one of the reasons they wanted the prison.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post

I thought that was what happened when I watched the first time, but after Nicotero explained it all and I watched again, it was totally obvious. The distended belly in the opening shot of that scene and then the pull back. The blood trail from where Lori's body was to right where the walker was sitting. The bullet on the floor. Lori's hair in the walker's teeth. There are so many details in this show coming at us so fast that sometimes it's hard to process them all the first time.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

You are so right. I totally missed the bullet, too. I need to watch the last two episodes again, just to catch the little things I've missed.

And I think (hope!) that Carol is still hiding out somewhere in the prison.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread