+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 94 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast
Like Tree490Likes

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Re: The Walking Dead (AMC)

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;4096018;
    I felt very sad for the mother who kept trying to open the door although I was confused because it wasn't actually their house.. Perhaps she remembered her family was in there because that's where she turned into a walking dead? The half body dragging itself across the field........ I cannot get the image out of my head. It just seemed so sad.
    That's exactly my reaction....but remember that the father had said earlier in the episode that his wife died in that house, it made sense. And I thought that even the way the sheriff handled the other deputy that was a zombie was great. He basically said that the guy was a sloppy sheriff, but he didn't deserve to be a zombie. Couldn't watch parts of the tank scene, though, now that was scary!!!

PS: THinking on the CB band thing, made sense that it would be the encampment that the wife and son were in if they were headed out of the town in the same direction. I don't think there'd be too many encampments with CB emergency band capabilities? Or is it just stretching credulity a bit????
    Might just keep watching this one with the hubby (as long as I have that crochet project at hand for the gorier parts!)
    Last edited by Jazzie1953; 11-02-2010 at 01:21 AM. Reason: added the PS
    "There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them."
    Joseph Brodsky: (1940-1996) Russian-US poet

I read banned books.
    Just Jazzie

FORT Newbie

Probably because of all the hype, I was a bit disappointed. It was fine but not much I haven't seen before. The performances weren't anything special, the suspenseful bits were OK but have certainly been done better and the pacing was a little slow for me. I also hope the soap opera angle(the deputy's wife with the other guy) isn't going to be a big element of the show. I did like the fact the survivors seem to have a more thoughtful approach to the zombies than usual; recognizing them as victims as much as threats. I'll try to catch the next episode but am not sold yet.

We (hubby and I) had DVR'd it and watched tonight. We liked it a lot. It was a little slow but I think that's to be expected for the first showing so the whole story can be told.
    - I, too, was shocked and saddened to see that half corpse, dragging itself along, still running on survival instinct. But the horse scene was horrific!! and so was the reality of how many zombies there were as the camera panned back from the city.
    - Hubby kept muttering what a fool he was to go to the city.
    - I was surprised how quickly a relationship had developed between his wife and his partner.

-This was the first time I felt sorry for zombies.
    -And I couldn't crochet a thing because I didn't want to miss anything.

elk

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;4095672;
    I liked it. It sort of reminded me of The Stand, but with zombies, and everything is improved with the addition of zombies. I'll keep watching.
    I also thought of The Stand. I am definitely intrigued and will be tuning in next week for sure!
    "I'll meet you at the place near the thing that we went to that time." - Albert Brooks to Holly Hunter in Broadcast News

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;4095672;
    I liked it. It sort of reminded me of The Stand, but with zombies, and everything is improved with the addition of zombies. I'll keep watching.
    I agree!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

WOW
    Last night was over the top.
    I have never seen a TV show go this far.......

I love horror movies and the like, but I had to turn it off after about 15 minutes. I'm just not loving this show.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

So does this mean the cop is going to be reunited with his wife and son next week?
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;4100680;
    So does this mean the cop is going to be reunited with his wife and son next week?
    I think so.
    Season 1 only has 6 episodes. Today, it was renewed for a season 2 and 13 episodes minimum. Ratings are through the roof.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4100626;
    I love horror movies and the like, but I had to turn it off after about 15 minutes. I'm just not loving this show.
    I know what you mean! Like most horror movies, I watch this show despite my inclination to turn it off. Most horror movies seen intent on depicting human terror, generally, I think. This show is all about terror, but also about the human spirit and our need for it to triumph, maybe? I can't stop watching, even though I want to change the channel.

I couldn't stand the part last night about leaving the man on the roof and the agonizing over it. I felt like I was there.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

+ Reply to Thread